Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Marshal's and CM's
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Marshal's and CM's
Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2010-02-08 10:19   
I was just thinking would it be possible to give marshal and CM reason for being ranks i have an idea im sure most people will like well i hope.

AT marshal say give 2 extra garage slots so no new ship or station needs made but i dont know anyone who would say no to extra garage space.

At CM give the use of any ship or station in the game for example i can still be on ugto but in a siphon,AD,pirate station or even a MI dread.

i dont know if any of this is even possible just thought id ask

thank you

Email Steveyk
Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2010-02-08 10:25   
I really like the extra slots being available either due to rank or a fleet advantage.

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-08 11:42   
Haha!

Steve now u see why i dont spend alot of time playing to become chief marshall. The hard work u put into this game after grand admiral, is useless.(for now hopely)

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-08 13:42   
I like the idea of the 2 extra spaces.

Heres one for ya.

At Marshall you can pick 1 enemy ship to fly, at CM you get another. This would be cool, like your at such a high rank that you can fly captured ships.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-02-08 17:48   
That may make me actually want to work to get promoted again, not sure if I want that.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2010-02-09 02:33   
I'd rather have the ability to mod any ship with any tech ; ie
an assdread with quatums instead of Ions,all armor instead of shields, ass disruptors instead of hvy chems etc etc.nothing on a ship it doesnt have slot for tho.like no ions on a scout,just those weps it can normally carry but just a different factions.Something along those lines...no new ships,just a different way of modding it.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-02-09 02:37   
I like the garage slots idea - the fly any ship you like idea needs a little more work methinks.

Trevize {the old one}
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-09 03:47   
Yes !

As i always said "more is better than much !"

But i dont understand why Stev you dont talk about this structure that could be built on planet. You know this place where we could drink some special drinks in sweet compagny (as a friend dress in dress) ...

well .. i am lost

Trev

[ This Message was edited by: Trevize {\"old Fathers\" team hehe} on 2010-02-09 03:48 ]

Goto the website of Trevize {the old one}
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-09 07:12   
Kill two birds with one stone-

Move the "command dreads" and the "battlestations" to Marshal rank. Add an extra garage slot for ships.

Move the "command station" to the Grand Marshal rank and add a second slot in garage, as well as 5 extra storage slots for res/enhancements.

Also, it would be nice if you added some slightly more powerful small ships, such as a little more beefy scout or frigate, for the top ranks to access. Would give them incentive to fly smaller ships, even with the higher rank.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Great Budda
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-14 04:49   
Quote:

On 2010-02-09 07:12, Azreal wrote:
Kill two birds with one stone-

Move the "command dreads" and the "battlestations" to Marshal rank. Add an extra garage slot for ships.

Move the "command station" to the Grand Marshal rank and add a second slot in garage, as well as 5 extra storage slots for res/enhancements.

I like this idea.... maybe make all stations Marshal or better?

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-14 19:02   
GA rank should get the first station.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-15 01:29   
Marshalls and CMs have such crazy prestige requirements that at this point is really hard to justify giving them anything.

I mean, you get the best ships in the game at Admiral. Imagine if we buffed the other ships to be aligned to this?

Personally I wouldn't mind increasing the rank requirement of all ships to fit Marshalls and CMs too. Not only would it give a great reason to rank up you'd stop giving everyone a reason to quit leveling at what is now 1/4th of the game.

-Ent

Icarus II
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-15 02:06   
yah, cuz im at Admiral and i see no reason to go further, i have what i want lol...marshal for first station sounds awesome..

Email Icarus II
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-15 09:00   
the problem is, two new ranks were recently (somewhat) added, and nothing else has been added or adjusted to make it mean anything. If they just readjusted what we have across the ranks, it would work out better.

For instance, at this time, if you are running a free acct, you can pull the best supply ships. That should not be.

Or, again, all ships available by GA rank. Not right. Should be the lowest level station is a GA ship. Then split the other two between the top two ranks. Admiral and Fleet admirals for first dreads.

ah, but then the cruisers would have to be made to be worth a crap again. and then we get into that whole leveled weapon thing.

Even still, if the ships were redistributed correctly, a lot of this would work better.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-02-15 09:15   
Marshal and Chief Marshal are not intended to be 'attain ship' levels. They're for use at a later date, for something else entirely. Lets not forget that removing ships from other ranks has repercussions in that players who liked to use them, or used them regularly, can no longer use them.

Either way, as I mentioned above, not intended to get ships at these ranks. They're for other uses later on. Right now, they're just bragging rights.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-02-15 09:17 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026608 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR