No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +5.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » pointing out something
 Author pointing out something
Not validated

Posted: 2010-02-07 15:29   
first, kluth chit armor def was upped a while back to make more choices for kluth pilots,
now dreads and stations have more HP.. There by making AHR the obviose choice again.

second, UGTO Support station who runs with either another support station or brings suppies to battle is there by made nearly invincible.. something unmatched by ICC. Armor repair rate of ugto is much higher than the repair rate of ICC.

Third, ICC shields cannot repair or recharge faster no matter what they do.
this coupled with my second point, make an huge huge advantage for UGTO.. the only way ICC can cope with said advantage is to use IT missile spam, Which is cheap.
even my IM missle idea would not be a viable option here.

just my thoughts

[ This Message was edited by: Deadly Crysis on 2010-02-07 15:31 ]

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-07 21:52   
UGTO armor repairs all at once since they have multiple plates of armor.

There ablative armor nearly nullifies Railgun damage + the repair rate = no damage done. I have tested this with my modded HC vs a BC, took everything I had and then some to hull the guy while myself getting hit by fighters from a BS and him. My HC is +24% damage and +19% shield/armor. Was using all rails and it seemed that every volley took only 1-2% off from his total armor, where as I was losing shield and armor at a vary quick rate. It was my 2 CL and torps that did the most damage, but the rails seemed to do nothing. More testing is needed but this is just a preliminary report

ICC needs to have repair drones work on shields as well (either on or off) then the repair rates of the 3 factions would be about the same. As the second "plate" of armor for ICC is there shields.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-08 05:01   
ICC are given Shield Generators for their planets.. these could be implemented for improved shield regen when nearby it as a depot would regen ur armor
[ This Message was edited by: SPaRTaN Z on 2010-02-08 06:33 ]

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-08 08:04   
Quote:

On 2010-02-08 05:01, SPaRTaN Z wrote:
ICC are given Shield Generators for their planets.. these could be implemented for improved shield regen when nearby it as a depot would regen ur armor
[ This Message was edited by: SPaRTaN Z on 2010-02-08 06:33 ]

Kinda retarded there, since adding another building would not help ICC planets out. With a 32 building cap already putting good amounts of restrictions on what you can and cannot place on planets, adding another would be more of a nerf. The only thing I see to make a "shield re-generator" building would be to make the one we already have do that. The planetary shield would allow you to recharge quickly when orbiting one that has one. Just make repair drones have a recharger in them, simple to implement

On a side note, the planetary shield needs a boost. One that makes it block ALL projectiles, if done increase its energy cost and workers needed. so from 1 worker to 8 and power from 20 to 70-80 so that it takes a lot of the planets resources to use one. This would make ICC planets more "fluffy" according to there purpose. Who in there right mind would allow neutron bombs and transport pods to pass through there shield?

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

Email Starcommander
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-02-08 10:47   
Shields Recharge when off - Sorted imo.

[ This Message was edited by: The Fridge on 2010-02-08 10:47 ]

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-08 16:29   
Quote:

On 2010-02-07 21:52, Fast Starcommander*CO* wrote:

There ablative armor nearly nullifies Railgun damage + the repair rate = no damage done. I have tested this with my modded HC vs a BC, took everything I had and then some to hull the guy while myself getting hit by fighters from a BS and him. My HC is +24% damage and +19% shield/armor. Was using all rails and it seemed that every volley took only 1-2% off from his total armor, where as I was losing shield and armor at a vary quick rate. It was my 2 CL and torps that did the most damage, but the rails seemed to do nothing. More testing is needed but this is just a preliminary report

ICC needs to have repair drones work on shields as well (either on or off) then the repair rates of the 3 factions would be about the same. As the second "plate" of armor for ICC is there shields.

By the sound if it, he was using abalative armor. In addition, p cannons do more damage at a close range. Also, keep in mind that fighters are quite a bit more accurate than most people think. Ideally you would use the border cruiser(which is actually quite a niftly bugger) to counter him. Those beams hurt quite a bit, not to mention your full arc coverage.

Email Sens [R33]
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-08 16:45   
Quote:

On 2010-02-08 16:29, Sens wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-02-07 21:52, Fast Starcommander*CO* wrote:

By the sound if it, he was using abalative armor. In addition, p cannons do more damage at a close range. Also, keep in mind that fighters are quite a bit more accurate than most people think. Ideally you would use the border cruiser(which is actually quite a niftly bugger) to counter him. Those beams hurt quite a bit, not to mention your full arc coverage.

I know this, I know pcannons do more the closer you are, but it was a cruiser fight. Not like I can out run him and stay away. Also read the post a little more closely, I knew he was using ablative and against ICC, there rails can't do jack. Even with my modded ship it was tough to bring him down. We didn't kill one another but both were evenly matched. The fighters were pointless more or less, only a few times did they hit I just pulse shielded them most of the time.

Email Starcommander
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-08 16:49   
By any chance were you fighting spacegate kid? He desyncs fairly often. Other than that, I have nothing else to offer, the last time I dueled was about a month~ back with commandhawk. Stock HC vs stock BC. We both died at the end with me having 3% armor before detonated next me.

Oh, and if you're using projectile weapons against abalative armor, you're the one taking the risk. Like I said earlier, the border cruiser is a much more flexible ship ( at least in my opinion ). It stands against assault and regular cruisers with relative ease. Has a bit of trouble against larger ships though.

edited to remove possible innuendo...
[ This Message was edited by: Sens on 2010-02-08 16:51 ]

Email Sens [R33]
Page created in 0.018770 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR