Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Kluth battle tactics
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Kluth battle tactics
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-17 02:06   
It feels good to stalk an enemy (and occassionally hearing him complain that if you're not gonna attack he's gonna log, or jump, or etc....) and then hit him when he least expects it. Then jump or cloak away again, while he seeths in fury at your apparent "cowardice".

So far I've been trying out these few tacs.

Sometimes I try to distract them in Yell chat. After trading a few lines, and while you're pretty sure he's typing in a response to your question or comment, you decloak and hit him. U can press the attack if he's a weaker or heavily damaged ship. Or you can cloak and do a series of radical direction changes before he gets back on the spacebar, or simply short jump out.

Other times, I also taunt/lie about trailing one of the ships in his flotilla, and while they're busy blind-shooting in one direction, I try to take out one of the ships (usually a smaller, easier prey).

Kluths need to hunt in pairs or more. Ships are too weakly armored to press any form of useful attack against the more durable ICCs or UGTOs.

Always aim to kill the Interdictor Cruiser or Base first. With them around, things get more complicated. What I'd do is to get in a Dess, then in cloak get under that Dico Cruiser and set to shadow. Decloak and fire at him. A Dico cruiser isn't heavily armed, and while you're under a bigger ship, every shot that his pals take at you will hit his shield/armor arc first rather than your smaller arc. So the only damage you'll be taking will be from his or your own weaps.

I've also had the opportunity in helping an enemy dread teamkill his own support ship trailing him. I put the supp ship in between myself and the dread, and trailed the supp very closely. Once you decloak and fire, try to keep that supp right in the middle. Most of the time, a dread will hit his 'E' key followed by the spacebar. The supp ship rarely survives a combination of both yours and the dread's alpha. Cloak or short jump out.

Harrassment is also another option. You can camp shipyard planets and wait for 5% dreads or cruisers to spawn, after which you can alpha the fella and finish him off as he spawns for repairs. He loses prestige a second time.
[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo on 2010-02-17 02:07 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.005206 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR