Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Kluth battle tactics
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Kluth battle tactics
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2010-02-05 01:29   
i am curious...of all the very experienced .5xx version Kluth players, what are the battle tactics that you use? i haven't played them that much, so i don't know how they changed since i played last. i will share them though.

when i had my Mandible as my main combat ship, it ALWAYS has a pulse beam on my only 360 degree weapon slot. that way, i could sneak on a ship, blast him a couple times, and shortjump away without a beacon on me, and repeat the maneuvers. i took Battle Dreads very seriously, when one showed up, i got to a safe distance, until i devised a strategy to shoot him without taking too much damage myself. i almost NEVER jumed in to immediately attack a ship. it was too much of a risk, because i could be come primary target, and die very quickly. i always went under cloak towards my target, sometimes decloaking for a split second, and recloaking to act as bait so he would attack where he saw me last, and i would maneuver around my target to hit his weakspot.

in a Siphon, i was just as deadly. when cruisers would come at me in a straight line (huge mistake), i would fire my torpedoes first, then use beams, and when at the last moment, i would fire my Stellar Incinerator and totally destroy my target's Hull, usually getting down to 50% in a single SI shot. i got a beacon, but he was heavily damadged. i would always wait untill hull to shoot my SI. cause it was ineffective against armor.

in a Cannon scale, it was the typical 'sit at medium/long range and fire' tactics, best utilized by a team of 3-5 scales. The Brotherhood mastered this.

that is what i am talking about. what battle tactics do you guys utilize? and please don't tell me you go toe-to-toe against other ships, cause that is not how they are ment to be flown. (if you do do it, and it works, Kluth armor is too strong. they are ment to be hit-and-run faction tactics. )

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-02-05 02:59   
Well

sometimes i like to taunt my opponent by ctrl jumping right passed his ship landing behind theirs...then cloaking right away leaving me able to avoid seroius damage by keeping their forward weps out of range... with my siphon with 2 ecm running i can cloak pretty fast for a dread.... or i can just jump right behind them.... even with any other ships arround i wont get to badly damaged... then i can focus on the rear arc of the enemy ship and open up as soon as my JD is charged

or if i do actually get damaged to 80 hull or somthing like that and i am in a dictor field of a planet...i can creep to a safe distance then jump out about 2500gu and cloak right away and try to get them to jump out to me since most human faction players like to hug planets

but most of the time we work as a group taking turns decloaking taking hits while the rest fire on a single target....

we like to focus on 1 arc when it comes to UGTO to wear down armor and multiple arcs for ICC to weaken shields quickly

thats pretty much the basics of it for me ...
just have fun take the damage and dish some out.... getting kills is not a priority.... its more like hit n run... but its when the enemy makes a mistake or fails to get out when they could have that gets them killed.

oh....
i also like to hot key my weps to selectively fire weps
and in my krill i like to hot key my SI as #3 then with my mouse hit each si with 2 second intervals so i can hit smaller targets with one si after the next... then while i still have my target selected and locked i continuously press the #3 key allowing my SI to hit moving smaller ships 80% more often than just shooting them all at once

[ This Message was edited by: ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom) on 2010-02-05 03:05 ]

[ This Message was edited by: ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom) on 2010-02-05 03:07 ]

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2010-02-05 03:12   
Quote:

On 2010-02-05 02:59, ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom) wrote:
Well

sometimes i like to taunt my opponent by ctrl jumping right passed his ship landing behind theirs...then cloaking right away leaving me able to avoid seroius damage by keeping their forward weps out of range... with my siphon with 2 ecm running i can cloak pretty fast for a dread.... or i can just jump right behind them.... even with any other ships arround i wont get to badly damaged... then i can focus on the rear arc of the enemy ship and open up as soon as my JD is charged

or if i do actually get damaged to 80 hull or somthing like that and i am in a dictor field of a planet...i can creep to a safe distance then jump out about 2500gu and cloak right away and try to get them to jump out to me since most human faction players like to hug planets

but most of the time we work as a group taking turns decloaking taking hits while the rest fire on a single target....

we like to focus on 1 arc when it comes to UGTO to wear down armor and multiple arcs for ICC to weaken shields quickly

thats pretty much the basics of it for me ...
just have fun take the damage and dish some out.... getting kills is not a priority.... its more like hit n run... but its when the enemy makes a mistake or fails to get out when they could have that gets them killed.

oh....
i also like to hot key my weps to selectively fire weps
and in my krill i like to hot key my SI as #3 then with my mouse hit each si with 2 second intervals so i can hit smaller targets with one si after the next... then while i still have my target selected and locked i continuously press the #3 key allowing my SI to hit moving smaller ships 80% more often than just shooting them all at once

[ This Message was edited by: ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom) on 2010-02-05 03:05 ]

[ This Message was edited by: ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom) on 2010-02-05 03:07 ]

lol - what he said - 'cept i numbered all my SI's 1 thru 6 - then space works fine for small ships after that

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-05 08:38   
What i do is cloak, fly right between their ships, make sure i can jump, then chase enemy dreads at their backs, stay within 50-100 gu and stay behind them! they almost cant shoot at the back, except the EAD of course

so fun and even usefull a bit for fighting dreads in cruisers. might even b perfect strat for a claw:P

And of course the most important strat: kill!!attack!!destroy them all!!

dont just fly around cloaked for half an hour...instead attack from 2 sides, taking turns cloaking and shootin.

since kluth cruisers can die within 1 or 2 full hit alphas from RSM stations, its always important to watch dicos...i never fight dreads/stations within dico range withuot a decent way to cloak again. ecm helps speed up the cloaking

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-05 15:42   
1. Jump in 2k~ away
2. Form up with wingmate
3. decloak
4. ???
5. profit

Email Sens [R33]
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-05 17:40   
Quote:

On 2010-02-05 15:42, Sens wrote:
1. Jump in 2k~ away
2. Form up with wingmate
2.1 Sneak & set trap
3. decloak
4. ???
5. profit

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-02-05 20:36   
Quote:

On 2010-02-05 15:42, Sens wrote:

1. Form up with wingmate
2. profit

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-06 01:37   
Playing around with the new Scarab. The new AM mine drops 25 mines per salvo, with a limit of 2 solvos droped at a time. Damge per salvo is similar to 3-4 QSTs. AOE seem around 50gu or so.

So far three tactics seems to work: Decloak and alpha behind enemyship(while droping mines). As the enemy turns around to shot at u, begin to cloak while manuvering to put the mines between you and the enemy. Remote detonate as they trip the first mine.

Decloak 100-150gu flying in front of enemy and drop mines in he face, then Remote detonate whatever he manages to avoid. Obviously don't do this with assult ships.

Decloak while charging enemy ship head on, drop mines about 4seconds before u pass him. Works best with smaller ships.

If timed right, capable of One-Shoting scouts. and severly damging suppies. Can be dangerous to youself if fighting ICC if they have Pulse wave.

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2010-02-06 01:39 ]

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-07 17:00   
i want the old mines back that actually did some damage

the minelayers (K'luth one slightly less due to cloak) now are nothing more then a high risk no reward ship.

need to get to close for the mines to do their job and for ICC/UGTO thats more or less suicide

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-07 17:27   
You clearly haven't played this version.

Email Sens [R33]
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-07 21:57   
Quote:

On 2010-02-06 01:37, Delando wrote:
Playing around with the new Scarab. The new AM mine drops 25 mines per salvo, with a limit of 2 solvos droped at a time. Damge per salvo is similar to 3-4 QSTs. AOE seem around 50gu or so.

So far three tactics seems to work: Decloak and alpha behind enemyship(while droping mines). As the enemy turns around to shot at u, begin to cloak while manuvering to put the mines between you and the enemy. Remote detonate as they trip the first mine.

Decloak 100-150gu flying in front of enemy and drop mines in he face, then Remote detonate whatever he manages to avoid. Obviously don't do this with assult ships.

Decloak while charging enemy ship head on, drop mines about 4seconds before u pass him. Works best with smaller ships.

If timed right, capable of One-Shoting scouts. and severly damging suppies. Can be dangerous to youself if fighting ICC if they have Pulse wave.

[ This Message was edited by: Delando on 2010-02-06 01:39 ]

I did fight you using my AD and I hit a whole string at once, lost all rear shields and armor. Those things hurt now! Yes pulse wave is ICC's best friend when combating mines. As I was watching you decloak and lay them, and remembered where you layed them and made sure I got close enough to pulse wave them. However if you (ICC) are not paying attention those mines will be the death of you Mines get my seal of approval!

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-08 04:22   
nuked a m1-dread (longow) @ 100% hull & armor with a full mine-pack (you can drop 5x5x3 =75 mines in a scarab)

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-08 12:49   
A few pointers:

• Never uncloak until you are ready to be fully exposed.
  • Use the fog of war to your advantage - dont let them know your numbers or positions until you are ready for them to see it.
  • Cloak is for positioning and slow retreat. If you arent firing, cloak.
  • Know your sig, and thereby when its time to cloak, or even if it's posible. The wrong decision can cost you.
  • Rupters are for finishing, not starting.
  • Watch out for my scout ship
  • When numbers allow, pair up in wings.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-08 16:26   
I would like to add three things to Az's post.

Firstly, when you pair up or are conducting fleet operations, be mindful of your teamates line of fire as well as your own. That ganglia and krill isn't doing any good if they can't shoot or even worse, lob 20 missiles and 6 SI's into your rear arc. Remember, the more firepower that can actually hit a target, the better.

Secondly, don't be afraid to tank a salvo or two for another player if he has been designated the primary target. In fact, I encourage you to ask him to slow down so you can do just that. K'luth aren't paper thin, but by no means are they tanks. A dead K'luth is a useles K'luth and the best way to keep the most ships on the field is to distribute damage, even if you have to fly towards it.

Lastly, look not only after your wingmate, but your entire fleet. I can't stress enough how important team work is. When you jump in, don't exit 25gu behind that krill that has been advancing slowly for 5 minutes to get the advantage of stealth. Jump in behind him and catch up with your drives or Jump far away from him, (2000 to either port or starboard). This applies to fleets as well. A stealthed attack is no good if the enemy knows where you are coming from.

If you see a team mate cloaking and your still not in position, decloak; don't worry about how much damage your going to take, your job is to distract the enemy long enough for your fleet mate to escape. Lob a few torps if you have to, but most importantly, don't fly into the same death trap the person you are trying to save is running from. A K'luth at 20% hull is as good as any other. Thats why we have organic armor and AHR.

Finally, when you ejump, or jump away, 3-4k is about the maximum distance you want to fly, 2.5k is ideal. Jump out, cloak and fly back into the fray, your armor should have recovered quite a few points by then, as well as your hull. As I said earlier, the more K'luth in the field, the better. That includes you. You're there for your team and they're their for you. If they jump to you, they can pounce on your attackers. If they ignore you, you can rejoin the battle much faster or unexpectedly.

Being K'luth isn't about being the hero or beserker. Sure you have great weapons, but its all about how you choose to use them. Patience, strategy, and cooperation come first. Everything else can wait. Sometimes, the best thing to do is rush infantry to a planet, other times, harassment is the best option. See the game from a wider perspective, and you'll find K'luth are much more than lobsters with really really big knives. It takes alot of hours setting up those supply bases, rebuilding those planets, and mining resources to support the crustacean war machine.

Email Sens [R33]
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-17 01:58   

Whenever I play Kluth, I try to imagine myself as a submarine going up against surface ships.

That's basically the idea. Running silent, running deep. Then popping up unexpectedly and delivering the goods. It may be slow and tedious work, but to me, it's more challenging than just turning and burning.

BTW, just wondering if the Devs ever considered adding decoy beacons for Kluth ships. This would work just like a Nixie decoy or noisemaker that subs carry.

A Kluth could uncloak at a dist, drop a decoy and go into cloak again. And the beacon would continue to travel in the same direction and speed at the point of release. To the enemy, the decoy would appear to be a detectable Kluth ship (of the same class, and pilot name) in cloak.

This could be a very nice addition for those 4-armed freaks.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029551 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR