No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » What happened to...
 Author What happened to...
Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2010-02-04 14:03   
Er what happened to the post for the modding that was on here by Defiance{R33}*XO* ? There was Good points in there including a few by me.

I'm just want to know where it is as i can not find it, and I WANT to know why it was deleted if it was. As that topic was something that a LOT of players here in Darkspace feel.

Lenna

Well I was going to post a thank you, But found this to be locked So anyways.

Thank You BackSlash For explaning what the heck was going on.

To Mersenne Twister, Can you or a staff member e-mail me something along the lines of the CURRENT ship layouts and item point values? I think I'm going to do just as you suggested based off what in currently in-game. And Try to come up with a resonable modding system, By the way Do you guys still have the backend for the fasctorys still or was that removed when the factorys were removed? As they are what was used in the past for modding of ships.

Thanks Again
Lenna
[ This Message was edited by: Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral} on 2010-02-04 19:08 ]

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-02-04 14:55   
See here.

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-04 15:39   
nothing to worry about, just a massive government cover-up. move along, citizen.

seriously, posting katamari balls of vitriolic demands for something the staff has stated they will not be doing at any point in the foreseeable future, re-posting said content after it's removed, and throwing what amounts to a temper tantrum over it..
you can debate the merits all you want, but this is really not a good way to get to us to reconsider modding.

tell you what, in the interest of not being a total box of dicks about this, if someone were to spend some quality time and write up a civil, level-headed, well-reasoned and reasonable proposal, email it to community@palestar.com, and we might (key word there, might) consider* it.
a couple items that should (but in no way limited to) be included-

1. mathematical proof of the proposed system's resistance to be exploited (keeping in mind the LONG history of players using the modding system to create overpowered meta-builds for the ships, and just because everybody has access to the same OP ships does not balanced make)
  2. method of maintaining factional uniqueness (no cross-faction tech sharing)
  3. maintaining pre-designated ship roles (no swapping out missiles for torps, beams for cannons (and vice versa), fighters for reactors)
  4. works within the current user interface (doesn't require new screens/menu system)

*any potential consideration is at the sole descretion of the development staff. no guarantee of consideration is expressly stated or implied and no such promise should be inferred.

[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2010-02-04 16:07 ]

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Page created in 0.009644 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR