No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » Fleet usefulness suggestions
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Fleet usefulness suggestions
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-01 19:17   
Quote:

On 2010-02-01 18:51, Silent Threat { Vier } wrote:
For me, what I would like to see is for targeting mainly. Similar to how some other games have it. Like RTS games, which is kinda what DS is.

To be able to target a player, planet, or point in space (both friendly and enemy) and have it show up for your fleetmates...

Doesn't have to be fancy. Maybe just right-click on the F2 map and select: [Attack Target] [Defend Target] [Move to this position], etc...

Orders, that would be a nice one to have back too

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2010-02-01 23:13   
Quote:

On 2010-02-01 23:06, --Daedalus-- wrote:
So back to the attempt at forcing people in fleets to get "special things" Not sure about anyone else but my lobby shows more non-fleeted players then people in fleets.

No one is forcing you to play in a fleet. You can choose to be in one or not. My play account has never been in a fleet. Some people like the idea of being in a fleet or clan. So you want us to penalize them for playing like that because you don't want to?

Fleets already have fleet chat and can work together to reach common goals more quickly.

It use to be most players liked the comradery of playing in a fleet. Now there are a lot of lone wolfs. So be it, play how you want, but fleets/clans have always been a part of the game. Whining about it won't change that.

Email Tael
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-02 12:57   
Fleets get benefits, you really need to deal with it Daed, seriously, no point in complaining. Fleets get chat, Private Forum if qualified. And being as fleets are locked into a faction for at least 7 days, it benefits everyone else, if there were no fleets, there would likely be fewer enemies as everyone gathers into the strongest faction of the patch ect...

Basically, fleets are promoted, like subscriptions, it is important to us people use them, if that means adding to the benefits of being in a fleet, so be it!

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-02 17:40   

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2010-02-04 06:33 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-02-02 18:39   
the ability to give some of ur prestige to another fleeted player. that way if ur in trouble and need anther dread or something and another player is say, 100 pres from VA then u can give them the extra pres. or if a player died and get demoted too. or even just to be nice to a new player if they're subed and fleeted in the same fleet as u. maybe with a limit of 100-200 pres tho

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-02-02 18:54   
100 or 200 press loans to be fleeted....... i go thru thousands of press per day... 100 or 200 is not a good enuff prize

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-02-02 20:42   
Added grouping system which allows players to form groups within their faction in-game. Grouped players share stat gains in all stats categories based on the rank of the player.

why not start a beta of your alpha with a already grouped pple.

clans are already grouped... implement shared press gain when within x gu of eachother? and in battle of course

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2010-02-03 15:56   
Quote:

On 2010-02-02 18:54, Defiance{R33}*XO* wrote:
100 or 200 press loans to be fleeted....... i go thru thousands of press per day... 100 or 200 is not a good enuff prize

then make it more. maybe dependant on ur ranks or the number of players in ur fleet or something

FA-Opposition
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2010-02-03 16:32   
well in the cases of players giving out pres i don’t really like that idea to much but if they are in my fleet and we need them to be stronger that out of desperation i could give them a temporary promotion but on for one rank and only to two levels below me so an admiral can only get you to 1RA and only if they are an admen in the fleet. Because let’s face it if I gave you 100 pres and then so did everyone else in the fleet then you would be pretty well ranked and defiantly if you were in a large fleet like RSM right from the start and I think that would take away from the game

Trevize {the old one}
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-04 01:58   
I keep in mind how coding could be tough ... especially when the game is stable. So, here my opinion :

- i know that most of us are able to move to a faction to an another just to keep the game balanced. Well, its also hard to delete you fabulous EAD fit with 6 blue enhancements. So, plz, more ships in garage could be easy to code.
- i totally agree with Pakhos about statistics. At least, there is no interference with the game coding. If you feel its useless then you are not fit for a massivly online game, hehe.
- agree with all the fleets admin changements.

Get your notepad ++

cheers !

Goto the website of Trevize {the old one}
Coombie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-04 03:03   
Hi, i really like the idea of more slots also, even if it was each time you gained a new rank you got a extra storage slot.

another idea which relates to the above is, what if fleets could share ships for example if i had a engy with x build computers my guild could select this ship from the "guild vault" this would have to be limmited to utility ships eg engy, supply, bomber maby. but this would free up storage slots.

anyway just a thought.

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2010-02-04 05:32   
I like the fleet sharing of utility ships coombie , a pool for these ships and for enh for the fleet to use when the time or need arises.

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-02-04 06:12   
I like it too, but allow the person who put it there to be the only one that can delete it so no one loses there preciously modded ship. Allow fleet admins to reject ships added to the pool so they just go back to there owners. If said owner has no room left the ship will stay in the pool until the owner has room for it, then it will go back.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2010-02-04 07:55   
i too agree with this.

sometimes we need an engie... some times we need a extractor.. or a tranny..

be nice to not have space taken up in our garage for this.

and the engie.. extractor... tranny.. could be uber moded with enh couse its every ones and every one could contribute

Not validated

Posted: 2010-02-05 15:07   
A. Giving this a well deserved bump.

B. why was this to not moved to beta discussion like numbers was?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026038 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR