Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » Unofficial Player's Guide to Enhancements
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Unofficial Player's Guide to Enhancements
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-01-17 14:30   
Quote:

On 2009-10-12 07:34, Azreal wrote:
...edited from Wolf forums...

Higher level enhancements are now being dropped from the bigger player ships in the Sagittarius server. That includes the occasional advanced enhancement as well.

• Energy Recharger MKI - (Refills your energy by 50% *requires an open enhancement slot*)
  • Advanced Engine Booster (+5% ship thrust)
  • Zlyg's Weapon Augmentation (1% Chance)(Magenta)
    Increase Projectile Range : 5%
    Increase Beam Range : 5%
    Increase Projectile Damage :5%
    Increase Beam Damage :5%
    Increase Projectile Energy Usage :10%
    Increase Beam Energy Usage :10%

• Magnetron Sheild MKII (Magenta)
    +5% armour/ +5% shield / - 5% damage reduction
    Ships: Scout, Engineer, and Transport Only

Enhancement Levels

Defense Enhancements
** now effects shields as well as armor values**

• Minor: 1% armor & shield
  • Limited: 2% armor & shield
  • Standard:
  • Enhanced: 5% armor &shield
  • Benchford Buish Ship Protector: 5% Armor & shield (one per ship)
  • Advanced Defense: 6% Armor & Shield
  • Zlar's Defense: 7% Armor & shield / 2% damage reduction (one per ship)

Condensors, Coolers, Multiplexers

• Minor: 1%
  • Limited: 2%
  • Standard: 3%
  • Improved: 4%
  • Enhanced: 5%
  • Advanced: 6%

Tuners, Boosters, Manuevering Jets

• Minor: 1%
  • Limited: 2%
  • Standard: 3%
  • Improved: 4%
  • Enhanced:5%
  • Advanced: 6%

Exhaust Trail Enhancements

***These should become less rare, as they are now drops from players killed in Sag server***

• Dark Blue Trail: 6% speed / 3% thrust / 4% turn
  • Purple Trail: 6% speed / 3% thrust / 4% turn (reward)
  • Green Trail: 6% speed / 3% thrust / 4% turn (dropped from a player station in Sag server )

Enhancement Types
*These types are valid as of the time of this post*

• Accelerator- extends the range of beams or projectiles
  • Condensor- beams or projectiles use less energy
  • Cooler- increases recharge rate of beams or weapons
  • Engine Booster- ship picks up speed faster
  • Engine Tuner- adds speed to the engines.
  • Manuevering Jets- increases turn speed
  • Multiplexer- increases projectile damage
  • Defense- increases overall armor rating and shield.

Unique Enhancements

Zlyg's Weapon Augmentation
Increase Projectile Range : 5%
Increase Beam Range : 5%
Increase Projectile Energy Usage :10%
Increase Beam Energy Usage :10%
Ships: Destroyer, Cruiser, Dreadnaught, Station
Unique

Thari's Weapons Booster
Increase Projectile Range : 10%
Increase Beam Range : 10%
Increase Projectile Energy Charge Rate :10%
Increase Beam Energy Charge Rate :10%
Subscribers only
Ships: Any
Unique

Rogen's Armor Overhaul
Damage Recieved -3%
Armor +3%
Shields +3%
Max Ship Speed -4%
Ship Thrust -4%
REQ_SCOUT|REQ_FRIGATE|REQ_DESTROYER
UNIQUE
ULTRA_RARE

Privateer's Beam Polarization
Beam Damage +5%
Beam Range +5%
Beam Cooldown time -5%
Projectile Damage -5%
Projectile Range -5%
Projectile Cooldown time +5%
UNIQUE
ULTRA_RARE

Buccaneer's Weapon Expatiation
Projectile Damage +5%
Projectile Range +5%
Projectile Cooldown time -5%
Beam Damage -5%
Beam Range -5%
Beam Cooldown time +5%
UNIQUE
ULTRA_RARE

Magnetron Sheild MKII (Magenta)
+5% armour/ +5% shield / - 5% damage reduction

Maverik's Ultimate Defence (Admin/mod only)
100% Damage Reduction

Maverik's Ultimate Weapon Multiplexer (Admin/Mod only)
+100,000% Projectile Damage/+100,000 Beam Damage

Stacking and Limitations

Almost all enhancements may be stacked. The limitations come in with some of the rare enhancements. Up to eight (8) enhancements may be used on any one ship.
Following is a general list of some enhancements I see asked about most, and how they may or not be stacked.

Non-Stackable

• Zlar's Defense
  • Benchford Buish Ship Protector
  • Any Trail Enhancements
  • Any Magenta Enhancements

The above listed may be used only one per ship, but may be stacked with any other stackable enhancement, up to eight total enhancements per ship.

Stackable

• All Defense Enhancements thru advanced level
  • All Manuvering Jets Enhancements thu Advanced Level
  • All Boosters Enhancements thu Advanced Level
  • All Tuner Enhancements thru Advanced Level
  • Condensors Enhancements thu Advanced Level
  • Coolers Enhancements thu Advanced Level
  • Multiplexers Enhancements thu Advanced Level
  • Accelerator Enhancements thu Advanced Level
  • Upgraded Build Computer

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2010-01-16 07:43 ]

Quote:

On 2009-10-12 20:16, SPaRTaN Z wrote:
Tips for UTGO

At the moment the UTGO have no planets and very little physical precence inside Rogans Rift itself.

But that doesn't matter cuz with a bit of luck and some of the right tactics utgo have the equipment to dominate in RR by themselves.

My tips for other UTGO..
If there is no supply plat in RR build one first in the center system.
Make an assault corvette ur main attacking ship in this system (it takes only a minute to repair), putting whatever enhancements you want on it first up to make more deadly. (weapon multplexerss and condensors and believe it or not it is an ideal place to put unused enginer tuners).
It doesn't matter who is in RR trying to compete with you .. cuz if ur assault corvette is set up correctly (with ECCM as one of the elites uses ECM i believe) .. and you keep jumping around all the center planets (Enoal, Pyrithia Canthos.. and Cutzo!).. and especially spending a little more time at canthos in order to blockade it and get the AI moving..
engage the enemy..
getting right behind the Pirate frigates to elimate them quickly (no rear armor). You have to stirr them up enough so they need help and send distress signals to their AI buddies.. you normally have an elite flying around the area in no time.

WHEN THE ELITE POPS UP ENGAGE HIM STRAIGHT AWAY - you don't want to allow your competitors any chance of doing any damage to him and getting YOUR enhancement .. get on his tail fast and shoot shoot shoot. The elite will turn to shoot at you if your on his tail when he gets 500 gu from you ... the elite never gets 500 gu away from me...
When you get ur enhancement jump straight into the pirate astoid near cutzo.. you wont die.. it puts u too the ship select screen and the enhancement in the garage.. it just saves using a shipyard.

Set up right your assault corvette can
- travel faster than the elite
- engage the elite while dodging all other enemy fire
- inflict considerable damage
- repair faster than any other UTGO figher in the game
- take down anything upto a pirate cruiser

If anyone gets Weapon multiplexers and wants to trade I have good deals and a garage full or defence and engine enhancements so PM me
Goodluck
spz

Quote:

On 2009-10-13 12:48, Dilandu wrote:
anyone know how high Enhancements can stack?

I.e.
1 zlarr's def
1 benchford
5 Adv Def
= ???% armor increase?

hate to waste a Adv if i'm already maxed out

Quote:

On 2009-10-13 15:20, Azreal wrote:
They don't max. If you stack a zlars (+7), and Benchford (Why would you? I guess your ICC but Benchford sucks really. +5) and then 6 adv def (+6% each) you would have +48% defense/sheilds.

They don't top out. It's controlled by the numbers of enhancements allowed, and the %'s on the enhancements.

Quote:

On 2010-01-15 22:22, Doran wrote:
A handy table of all the enhancements

• Negative effects (and i dont mean sub-zero) are in red
  • All numbers are percentages, ie: 5%
  • Buccaneer Weapon, Privateer's Beam and Rogen's Armor are event rewards, and generally not in circulation

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2010-01-16 00:26 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-03-24 11:36   
enhancement table updated, see above link

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-26 23:15   
I dug through the game code to find out exactly what each enhancement type does. If you don't know, a "tic" refers to how the game processes everything and 20 tics happen every second.

"Drive Velocity" -> Directly changes the top speed of the craft after all gadgets calculate it

"Drive Thrust" ->Directly changes the thrust of the craft after all gadgets calculate it

"Beam Range" -> Directly changes the possible maximum length of the beam

"Beam Energy Efficiency" -> Beam Weapons charge faster by consuming more energy per tic

“Beam Damage" -> Directly increases damage of the weapon

“Weapon Range” -> Directly increases the range of area and projectile weapons

"Weapon Energy Efficiency" -> Area and projectile weapons charge faster by consuming more energy per tic

“Weapon Damage" -> Directly increases the damage of area and projectile weapons

"rate of Weapon Cooldown" -> Reduces the delay of firing additional projectiles if the weapon does so. Weapons do not recharge if they are firing additional projectiles.

"Weapon Ammo" -> Directly increases the maximum ammo of the gadget

"Defense" -> Changes the resistances of the armor thus reducing all incoming damage

"Defense Recharge" -> Armor and shields repair more. Shields consume more energy per tic to do so.

"Auto-Repair Rate" -> Reduces the amount of time the gadget waits to repair after repairing (normally once every 20 tics)

"Build Speed" -> Reduces the amount of time the gadget waits to build after building (normally once every 20 tics)

"Cloak Rate" -> Reduces the amount of time to uncloak and decloak

"ECM or ECCM Range" -> Directly effects the range of the gadget

"ECM or ECCM Strength" -> Directly effects the signature change of the gadget

"ECM or ECCM Energy Effiency" -> Lowers the amount of energy the gadget takes to operate per tic

"Jump Drive Range" -> Lowers the fuel cost of jumping

"Jump Gate Range" -> Directly increases the maximum range of the Wormhole Device. Increases the inaccuracy of the exit wormhole.

"Mining Drones" -> Reduces the amount of time the gadget waits to mine after mining (normally once every 20 tics)

"Pulse Shield Range" -> Directly increases the range of the Pulse Shield.

"Reactor Boost" -> Directly Increaes the energy generation of reactors (engines are not included)

"Reload Rate" -> Reduces the amount of time area reloads and single-target reloads wait to reload after reloading (normally once every 20 tics)

"Scanner Strength" -> Directly increases the range of the scanner

"Tractor Range" -> Directly increases the maximum length of the tractor

"Turn Rate" -> Directly increases maximum turning rate after all gadgets calculate it

"Ship Energy Bank" -> Directly increases maximum ship energy after all gadgets calculate it

"Damage Reduction" (Being removed in 1.674)-> Directly lowers incoming damage to the ship (and thus lowers prestige gain for whoever is shooting you)

"Capture Defense" -> Directly lowers the chance of an infantry capturing your ship

Signature Reduction" -> Directly lowers your signature after all gadgets calculate it

"Jump Drive Cooldown" -> Directly increases the charge amount of the jumpdrive without costing additional energy

"Jump Drive Velocity" -> Directly increases the in-jump velocity of the ship

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-27 04:05   
Benchford also gives 2% damage reduction, same as Zlarrs.

This is included in the table but not the post.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-27 05:17   
Quote:
On 2012-06-26 23:15, Fattierob wrote:
"Damage Reduction" (Being removed in 1.674)-> Directly lowers incoming damage to the ship (and thus lowers prestige gain for whoever is shooting you)

Once this implemented, can we refund for buying Zlarr/Benchford?
Or shall Zlarr & Benchford be modified to compensate the removed "damage reduction"?

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-27 07:37   

Quote:
On 2012-06-26 23:15, Fattierob wrote:

good bye Damage Reduction

out of wondering why isit being removed ?

[ This Message was edited by: [UWS]RogueAvenger[CMD] on 2012-06-27 07:37 ]

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-27 08:00   
1. WOW, this is old.

2. Some of those REALLY need to have a good description when they come out. Such as, using the adv build mods and supp mods increase speed of use, but DECREASE PRESTIGE GAINED because they are rewarded based on time.

3. How will my Rogen's armor reward enhancement be effected? What happens to those stats? Are they simply deleted, changed to something else, or....I refer to the DR in general, not just on the Rogen's. I have Zlars and Benchys on several ships.

4. All these additional enhancements...I fear the coming imbalances.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-06-27 08:09   
Just because we have the modifiers doesn't mean we're using them. It's just handy to have in the future - a fair amount of those aren't in use and have no plans to be used.

Enhancements that are effected will be refunded or otherwise compensated for the loss in that area.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-27 09:12   
Any gadgets that had "Damage Reduction" are being moved over to "Defense". Ie: if it had 3% Damage Reduction and 4% Defense it now has 7% Defense. This will give you the same results as before but without the issues that Damage Reduction had.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-27 11:11   
Rogen's Armor Overhaul
Damage Recieved -3%
Armor +3%
Shields +3%
Max Ship Speed -4%
Ship Thrust -4%
UNIQUE
ULTRA_RARE

So I get a + 6 to def, but a -4 to ship speed and thrust for it....? Seems...you know...bad....

The only real benefit it had before was the dr, as I could use a adv def enhancement for better def rating, but the dr was hard to aquire. So w/o that, the enhancement is a real poc. I actually use my Rogen's rewards....

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-27 14:11   
Quote:
On 2012-06-27 09:12, Fattierob wrote:
Any gadgets that had "Damage Reduction" are being moved over to "Defense". Ie: if it had 3% Damage Reduction and 4% Defense it now has 7% Defense. This will give you the same results as before but without the issues that Damage Reduction had.

As you explained in Game Mechanics, increasing Defense Upgrade means armor HP is higher, thus the ship is heavier because ship's mass is partially based on armor HP. As a result, the enhancement slows the ship in both thrust and turn rate.

Besides, DR is much more precious than DU. The usefulness of DU depends on the number of armor/shield gadget, hence steady. But the value of DR increases due to total incoming damage, hence DR is more useful when there are more enemies attacking.

The result when moving DR over to DU, therefore, is not the same.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-27 14:21   
I am very positively sure that the defense upgrade increases resistances, and does NOT increase hit points.
If it did, additional shield and armor rings would appear, since you get an extra ring for every 50,000hp or so.

My only question regarding the defense upgrades is this:
Let's say you have an armor with the following damage modifiers:
130% kinetic (Takes 30% more damage)
50% energy (Takes half damage)

Now let's say you get a defense upgrade worth 50%.
Will the resistances be changed to:
180% kinetic
100% energy

OR:

195% kinetic
75% energy

[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-06-27 14:24 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-27 15:33   
Quote:

On 2012-06-27 14:11, chlorophyll wrote:
As you explained in Game Mechanics, increasing Defense Upgrade means armor HP is higher, thus the ship is heavier because ship's mass is partially based on armor HP. As a result, the enhancement slows the ship in both thrust and turn rate.

That must be a mistake. It clearly states here in the code that Defense effects resistences of the armor/shield. I'll fix that in the game mechanics thread

Quote:

Besides, DR is much more precious than DU. The usefulness of DU depends on the number of armor/shield gadget, hence steady. But the value of DR increases due to total incoming damage, hence DR is more useful when there are more enemies attacking.

Er, no. Think about it like this. Let's say you have 100 incoming damage to your ship from whatever source. You have 5% DR on ship A and 5% Defense on ship B

Ship A reduces the incoming damage directly (100 * (1-.05)) before checking armor and shields. This also has the end result of reducing damage to hull if the armor or shields doesn't block it, and also has the result of reducing prestige gain for whoever is shooting you (since the 'raw' damage amount is decreased). I need to talk with the staff about adding these back in (I, uh, kinda forgot about the hull reducition in damage when I was discussing it) so don't start yelling about it just yet.

Ship B instead has an armor plate with blah blah health and let's say 100% resists across the board. The game checks the resists and finds out it's 100 * (1-.05) because of the enhancement we have. So the damage done to that armor/shield layer is the same damage that would be done with DR. If the armor/shield layer didn't have enough hp, the same calculations would take place on another layer (if not, the hull would take the full damage left).

Quote:

The result when moving DR over to DU, therefore, is not the same.

Yeah, for a reason I just realized this is true. However, I don't know if we're going to move all the functionality of DR over to Defense or not. Or we might just revert the change. I don't know.

edit:
Quote:

130% kinetic (Takes 30% more damage)
50% energy (Takes half damage)

Now let's say you get a defense upgrade worth 50%.

The resistences are changed to
130 * .5 = 65% kinetic
50% * .5 = 25% energy
[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob on 2012-06-27 15:35 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-28 06:44   
You can remove DR, just compensate with equivalent effects. Since DR lowers the prestige gain from the attackers, we surely need it removed.
There are various new effects list above. You can open a poll/survey and ask player what effect they prefer to replace DR. Example: 2% DR can be exchanged with 2% Capture Defense & 2% Auto-Repair Rate...

I'm pretty sure some enhancements will never be bought or seldom sold because of its nature: "rate of Weapon Cooldown", "Jump Drive Range", "Jump Gate Range", "Mining Drones". As we had discussed about enhancement several times, we hope that the enhancements droped in game will only have a effect; while the enhancement we bought have several effects. Group of less interesting effects may come in an enhancement like: Unique Jump enhancement - 3% "Jump Drive Range", 3% "Jump Gate Range", 3% "Jump Drive Velocity"...

Since you're going to sell these, I hope you will research the market before publishing.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-28 15:17   
I don't know how hull damage is calculated, but assuming it works like shields and armor could you just add resistances to hull like defence enhancements do to armor and shields?

On the topic of obscure enhancement effects how about an enhancement: 30% less max JD fuel, 5% faster cooldown, 15% increased velocity, 20% reduced JD signature?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027386 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR