Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » questions about...basicly everything
 Author questions about...basicly everything
buggy123
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-22 18:20   
i have many many questions so il start with:
1. are there asteroid fields or something like them that a extractor can mine?
2. are there shops or stores or shipyards or whatever you call them that i can buy upgrades and equpment?
3. can you buy new ships?
4. how do i chat?

Nat
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-22 18:28   
Hi buggy123,

No there arent any asteroid belts that can be mined im afraid, however, it isnt really needed. In order to buy upgrades for your ship you need to orbit your factions main spaceport planet which has all the upgrades you need. As long as the planet has the required resources and technology you will be able to purchase it.

The best way to get bigger ships is to rank up by doing things in game with your low level ships. All of the ways to do this as well as the specific chat commants can be found in the Manual on the website in the left hand menu bar.

Nat
Captain Siphon Australis

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-22 18:30   
Quote:

On 2009-12-22 18:20, buggy123 wrote:

not sure if extractors can mine asteroids but you can find an asteroid field in the Luyten system in the Sagittarius Server. Otherwise you can mind almost any planet...

2. are there shops or stores or shipyards or whatever you call them that i can buy upgrades and equpment?

There are shipyards, not stores or shops, some weapons are interchangable but most ships are pre-upgraded, with the option of equiping enhancements that drop from ships when they are destroyed. Click here for help with modifying your ship...

You cannot buy them but if you earn the rank to fly them you can get them for free

4. how do i chat?

Press enter while in-game to open up a chat line, you can type normally for faction chat, or use /yell [message] for global chat

If you need any more help check out the F.A.Q. and the Gameplay Manual

[ This Message was edited by: JBud, the Red-Nosed Dreadnought on 2009-12-22 18:37 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-12-22 18:39   
Quote:

On 2009-12-22 18:20, buggy123 wrote:
4. how do i chat?

There are asteroids (and fields of them), and being a developer I should know the following, but I'm afraid I have no idea if asteroids can be extracted from. However, resources are only required to build ships, and equip modifcations to your ship (and even then, the amount required is from the planet, not your personal storage). So you can always just orbit the planet that requires resources, and use your extractors on it!

Shops/stores are called Starports. You don't have to do anything with them however. Simply orbit a planet with a Starport build upon it, and right click the systems on your ship you want to modify. There are no specific 'upgrades' as such; we prefer to use modifications that allow a player to change their ships roll slightly to their own personal prefrence. Do note however that some systems need to be switched OFF before they can be eligible for modification (for example, engines (click on them to turn them off)).

New ships are unlocked by simply playing the game. The more prestige you get, the more ranks you earn, and the more ships you unlock. Some ships required badges, and to gain them, you need to gain points in a certain field (for example, bronze combat, requires points in ship combat (dealing damage to the enemy hull)). You can see a list of what prestige levels equate to what ranks, and what badges require how many points in the FAQ.

And to answer your last question, chatting is obtained by simply hitting enter, and typing.

/t or /target, when targetting a players ship (both enemy and friendly) will send a message to only that player.
/y or /yell, will send a message to everyone in the vicinity.
/send / is the same as in GCQL, and sends a message to that person that can be seen in and out of game.
/report allows you to report a player or group of players breaking the rules.
/faction is the default mode, and allows you to talk to your faction only.
/fleet allows you to talk to your fleet only, or perhaps the more prefered method of talking to your fleet, /send clan (these can be seen out of game also).

To see a full list of commands, just type /?.

Hope this answers your questions.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2009-12-22 20:35 ]

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-22 18:42   
Asteroids are mineable, don't touch them though; your ship will get a MAJOR dent.

Email Sens [R33]
SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-22 19:34   
Yes astoids ARE Minable!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes they are yes they are..... but because they are free floating they can kill you as sens said

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-23 01:55   
Yes asteroids are mineable, there is a field of them in RR in the center system out by the farthest planet. There is a safe zone there too you can mine in without the pirates killing you.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-23 13:12   
First, you don't need a starport in order to modify your ship (unless starports are specific for the Sag server?) Just orbit a friendly planet with the proper tech and resources, right click the part you want to modify, and if a mod is available left click it. You don't need any special buildings. If the mod's icon is GREEN you can mod it, if it's RED you're either missing tech, resources (METALS is sometimes what's missing) or the planet is under BLOCKADE. It will tell you which it is.

Mining itself has a specific use in this game, and is much more useful in the scenario servers. You don't earn credits or prestige from mining, but you do provide resources for planets being built, and even for nearby engineers who might want to build a lot of platforms. That's mining's most important use: providing resources quickly for planets, vs waiting for the planet's mines to work. It's most often used for new shipyards, so ingame just ask your teammates where they want you to mine (if it's late in the map it might not be needed).

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-24 04:42   
Wow. Nobody reads posts anymore. Only the first one, never the responses, and then hits reply.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Page created in 0.020179 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR