Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » List of weapons
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author List of weapons
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-12 22:09   
OK here is what I know so far. Will update as I get more info on stuff.

Particle Cannon, UGTO (PC/Pcannon): 100% at point blank range, damage starts to fall off from there. Range 925gu . Great damage! Unlimited Ammo. Type of damage: Kinetic

Electronic Magnetic Pulse gun, UGTO (EMP): Small range with fall off. Now dose only system damage and yes it dose work. I have noticed system damage when my hull is at 90% so it dose work. Damage bonus vs shields. Range 725gu. Unlimited Ammo. Type of damage: Energy

Railgun, ICC (Rail): 100% damage at max range no fall off at all. Range 1255gu. Damage is poor. Ammo based. Type of damage: Kinetic

Gauss, ICC: Same as rail (?) in no fall off. Seems (from using it anyways) that it dose more damage or has a damage bonus vs Hull then it dose vs Armor. Damage is poorer then rail but has longer range and a small damage bonus vs hull. Range 1410gu. Ammo based. Type of damage: Kinetic

PSI, K'luth: Has fall off but I don't know by how much. From having used it it dose decent all around damage vs armor or hull. Decent damage even vs shields still. Range 800gu. Unlimited Ammo. Type of damage: Energy and PSI

Plasma, K'luth (Plas/Plaz): No fall off now (don't know why really, its an energy wep duh!). Short range with small AoE effect. AoE is good since it damages not only the arc it hit but the other ones as well. Range 800gu. Damage is good while on hull poor vs armor. Unlimited Ammo. Type of damage: Energy

Beams: High energy cost and unlimited ammo.

Chemical Lazar, ICC/UGTO (CL): Really hasn't changed much at all. Decent damage, short range (150gu?). Damage increases as target gets closer (by how much I don't know). Type of damage: Energy

Heavy Chemical Lazar, ICC/UGTO (HCL): Great damage with a good range (250gu). Same as CL damage increases as target gets closer. Type of damage: Energy

Disruptor, K'luth: Kluth version of the CL. Better damage with a slightly longer range (about 200gu?). No damage fall off dose full damage regardless of targets range. Type of damage: Energy

Assault Disruptor, Kluth: Kluth HCL. Long range for a beam wep (300gu). Massive damage compared to its Human counterpart. No fall off of damage dose full damage regardless of target range. Type of damage: Energy

Core Weapons: have a Min/Max damage to them. No damage fall off.

Quantum Singularity Torpedo, UGTO (QST): UGTO Core weapon. Highest damage of all core weps. Big splash damage so be careful when using this as it will hurt you as well as your target. Range 1,00gu. Ammo based (50). Type of damage: Energy and Kinetic

Ion Cannon, ICC (IC): 2nd in max damage. Requires both shots to hit to do full potential damage. No splash, Range 1250gu. Ammo based (50). Type of damage: Kinetic

Stellar Interdictor, K'luth (SI): Lowest max damage of all 3 cores but smallest Min/Max damage. No ammo limits. No splash despite its animation showing a big explosion. Range 800gu. Unlimited Ammo. Type of damage: Kinetic and PSI

Missiles: No damage fall off (duh).

Ion Tracker, ICC/UGTO (IT): Good damage in the higher level versions. High range capacity (1,400-3,000gu). Missile now hits the facing it lands on. Minimum firing range (200gu). Ammo based. Type of damage: Kinetic

Anti Radar Missile, ICC/UGTO (AR): Better damage then IT. Range is much shorter then the IT (800-2,000gu). Hits the facing it hits. Tracks smaller targets better then the IT. Smaller minimum range (150gu). Ammo based. Type of damage: Kinetic

PSI Missile, K'luth: K'luth version of IT missile. Shorter range then IT (about 1,500gu). Hits rear armor since it tracks like the IT. Ammo based. Type of damage: Kinetic

Shredder missiles, K'luth: K'luth AR version. Fires more missiles per a volley then the AR for a better chance of getting past Point Defense. Short range (1,200gu or so from what I have noticed). Hits armor it was facing. Ammo based. Type of damage: Kinetic

Sabot rockets, ICC/UGTO: Lower damage then IT or AR missiles but is unguided (Point Defense will not shoot these). Missile speed is slow and its range is poor (500-700gu). Effective range is 200gu vs dreads. Ammo based. Type of damage: Kinetic

Torpedoes: No damage fall of but slow projectiles

Fusion Torpedo, ICC: Low damage but fast speed for a torp. Range 500-700gu. Ammo based. Type of Damage: Kinetic.

Proton Torpedo, UGTO: Med damage and speed is good. Range 600-800gu. Ammo based. Type of Damage: Kinetic

Anti Matter Torpedo, K'luth: High damage but slow speed. Range 400-600gu. Ammo based. Type of damage: Kinetic and Energy

So there is what I have tested and noticed when flying the other factions. Ranges for Kluth weps were mere guesses or from what I have noticed when I was paying attention. Need some clarification on some of the ranges but those are guesses from what I have noticed while in battle and from using them in scenario.

Thats the kind of listing I was thinking of. Just a simple post with the list and there ranges and what there good against ect. I usually mix the 2 weapon types when i can to give a good damage spread I.E. Mix Rails and Gauss.

Edit: Updated list to include type of damage
Edit 2: Added Torpedos to the list. Updated to add ammo/unlimited to weps. Added what faction each type of wep is.
Edit 3: Updated weapon ranges
Edit 4: Changed IT missile to reflect the fix of the arc bug.
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Starcommander -TNCO- on 2009-12-12 22:15 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Starcommander -TNCO- on 2009-12-13 01:06 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Fast Starcommand *CO* on 2010-04-08 23:11 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Fast Starcommand *CO* on 2010-04-09 07:17 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Fast Starcommand *CO* on 2010-04-09 07:47 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Starcommand of ICC *XO* on 2010-06-05 06:28 ]

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-12 23:15   
Couldn't somebody just take the list that Draf made and rework it? Not ALL the info is outadted. Alot of it is just basic info anyways, that could maybe be expanded on.

Just seems like a lot less trouble then what I see everyone going thruogh.

Still good job here with this one.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-12 23:28   
that would work if he actully updated his post. Looks like hes too lazy to do it so I just posted my own and will keep it updated as best as I can.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

Email Starcommander
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-13 00:46   
Quote:

Sabot rockets: Lower damage then IT or AR missiles but is unguided (Point Defense will not shoot these). Missile speed is slow and its range is poor (500-700gu). Effective range is 200gu vs dreads. Type of damage: Kinetic

this one i would like to see adressed in some way, right now they are so slow even dreads (and almost stations) can dodge them

either make them have limited tracking (30 degrees?) or up the speed some.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-13 08:18   
My point was, you could take his post, do a quote, copy the info, then paste it into a new post. Then all you have to do is change all the relevant information that needs updating. Quite a bit is still valid.

Seems like alot less work than what ya'll are doing.

Also, it would put everything in one post as opposed to spread out over what looks like 3 posts now.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-13 09:30   
Quote:

On 2009-12-13 00:46, Jar Jar Binks wrote:
Quote:

Sabot rockets: Lower damage then IT or AR missiles but is unguided (Point Defense will not shoot these). Missile speed is slow and its range is poor (500-700gu). Effective range is 200gu vs dreads. Type of damage: Kinetic

this one i would like to see adressed in some way, right now they are so slow even dreads (and almost stations) can dodge them

either make them have limited tracking (30 degrees?) or up the speed some.

They used to be pretty good. But then again so did mines.

Neilan
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-14 11:52   
I want to thank you and the others who have tried to answer these questions. I know it gets annoying when new players seem to ask the same questions over and over. I have been asking the same questions myself. I did look at the old post about the weapons, and plasma cannons were not even mentioned on it, so I asked those who I was playing with.

I also am not sure why all the secrecy on the numbers for damage, but I agree that a statement of Low, Medium, High would be sufficient.

You can run......
But you will only die tired.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-16 02:37   
I know this isn't a total indicator, BUT.....

If you are unsure of whether one weapon is better than another, look at the tech requirment and resource costs. They should give you a little bit of an idea. If cannon A requires more res and tech than cannon B, chances are, cannon A is a better option.

Again, that isn't diffinitive, but it does help some.....

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-12-16 05:36   
Quote:

On 2009-12-16 02:37, Azreal wrote:
I know this isn't a total indicator, BUT.....

If you are unsure of whether one weapon is better than another, look at the tech requirment and resource costs. They should give you a little bit of an idea. If cannon A requires more res and tech than cannon B, chances are, cannon A is a better option.

Again, that isn't diffinitive, but it does help some.....

with modding removed, i dont think you can see that for weapons...

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-16 05:50   
Yeah, they did change the modding stuff, but it all still shows in the video target screen and on the hover tool tip I think it is. All that is still the same. Again. Not a perfect measure, but it helps.

Nordakbalrem
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2009-12-29 00:45   
Sixkiller, I'm so stealing the script in your sig...

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-08 23:11   
*BUMP* Weapon Ranges Updated

Email Starcommander
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-09 06:26   
150% within 800gu of target... is that even accurate for the PCannons?

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2010-04-09 07:16   
as far as I know it still is, but range would of been changed. THX for pointing that out

fixed now.

Email Starcommander
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-04-09 07:40   
I think you have falloff wrong. It does 100% damage at 0 range, and falloff slowly reduces the damage the longer it is to about 50% less damage at about half range, and continues to lose damage until the projectile dies.

Core weapons:
IC has the fastest projectile, has a higher chance to hit due to it's "double barrel" approach.

SI does the lowest damage (by a small amount), but it has a random damage mod that means it can surpass all of them by quite a margin, or perform the same.

QST is about right.

Other than that, good list.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2010-04-09 07:43 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027273 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR