No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Ship Armor
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Ship Armor
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-07 15:52   
Quote:

On 2009-12-07 15:02, spacegatekid08 wrote:
then could each factions hull be changed by different amounts to keep things balanced more?
it'd be nice to see 1 on 1 battles of equal sized ships be real close, such as one ship is at like 10% hull when the other is destroyed when the ships are used properly. or is this already done or as close as its gunna get?

Mate, hull/armor size are designed for each faction depends how they are meant to be played. If we use same weapon system as now , changing hull size will break that designs. Hull size have to be changed if there will a renewed weapon system (which i wish).

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2009-12-07 22:30 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-07 16:47   
Quote:

On 2009-12-07 01:40, Tiffy Rando wrote:
I agree with increasing hull, however I kind of miss the old way that systems used to take damage. Now I really only see system damage right before I'm about to die...

Repair que used to be an important screen.

Of course this might be asking too much, like boosting mines, or asking for torp tracking again

Yes to all I don't think there's a lot of actual development going on, just balance changes here and there. I really don't expect to see anything that would take actual work to implement, and that's not a dig at the developers...they're volunteers after all. Look at how long missions and grouping has been in alpha, which is weird since we used to have it.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-07 17:47   
I don't see any problem with it, more hull = more prestige. Hull doesn't have any resistance so K'luth aren't really impaired. 3 seconds more to make a kill doesn't seem all that detrimental to me. Keep in mind every faction would recieve a boost. Your enemies last at tad bit longer, and so do you.

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2009-12-07 22:27 ]

Email Sens [R33]
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-07 22:01   
Quote:

On 2009-12-07 17:47, Mythical Creature with Pointy Ears wrote:

I don't see any problem with it, more hull = more prestige. Hull doesn't have any resistance so K'luth aren't really impaired. 3 seconds more to make a kill doesn't seem all that detrimental to me. Keep in mind every faction would recieve a boost. Your enemies last at tad bit longer, and so do you.

I was expecting you to understand before much of DS users because you are a dev but i think being dev isnt so special at all.

Anyway , this game is mostly based on killing things. We the players , die and kill 90% of the play time .REst 10% goes to repairing,building etc. Is that clear enough? Ok, now think a battle with current weapon system but with more hulls. How long it will take kill something without you are being out of energy for god sake? Should i realy link every post of kluth and icc run out of energy which were writen last month? Have you ever got fluxed while you are in icc ship with 90% hull?

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2009-12-07 22:28 ]

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-12-08 17:50   
lol he must have saw a spelling mistake that was driving him crazy or something lol but anyways...

Quote:

On 2009-12-07 22:01, Pakhos wrote:
Quote:

I was expecting you to understand before much of DS users because you are a dev but i think being dev isnt so special at all.

Anyway , this game is mostly based on killing things. We the players , die and kill 90% of the play time .REst 10% goes to repairing,building etc. Is that clear enough? Ok, now think a battle with current weapon system but with more hulls. How long it will take kill something without you are being out of energy for god sake? Should i realy link every post of kluth and icc run out of energy which were writen last month? Have you ever got fluxed while you are in icc ship with 90% hull?

it doesnt have to be a huge hull change tho... just enough to make a difference, but not enough to mess things like the balance up. the way i see it the balance is getting better even from when i started playing x months ago

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-08 17:51   
Quote:

On 2009-12-07 22:01, Pakhos wrote:
Quote:

Yes, only 2 or 3 systems were partially disabled. Have you even logged on to the game yourself? K'luth dreads hardly have an energy "issue" unless they are moving at flank speed mashing the spacebar like a madman. ICC energy problems come from the Combat dread using its lasers. The AD has energy drain, as it should. 15% more hull is one, maybe two more alphas. Combat is the focus of darkspace, killing is just icing on the cake. But hey, if you want to forgo the hull boost for K'luth, let it be known it was not my decision. I have tested each ship individually, I've seen more than my fair share of combat on all three factions. More hull is more prestige for everyone. I suggest you stop trying to troll.

Email Sens [R33]
SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-12-08 18:15   
thank u. i couldn't have said it better myself

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-08 19:32   
Quote:

On 2009-12-06 09:43, CRAZY45. wrote:
the key would be to have just enguph to make battles longer but not to much that it would bog the game down and make it unrealistic

yes because flying around in dreadnaughts and stations is realistic

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-08 19:35   
Quote:

On 2009-12-06 14:09, Enterprise wrote:

Screw that. Battles are too long. Shorten them. Makes them that much more exciting.

-Ent

you havent been ganked by 2 or more dreads recently have you?

i can assure you that those battles do NOT last long

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-08 21:45   

Quote:

Have you even logged on to the game yourself?

Now , there is nothing left to discuss after that stupid question.

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-12-08 22:08   
laidies, laidies (dont care if ur dudes) this is about ship hull now, not about stupid questions like if people have logged in to the game before and if ur on ur period... oops did i say that outload?

lol jk. hope for no hard feelings

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.022922 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR