No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Remove Fleets from Game
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author Remove Fleets from Game
|Kakashi|
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-03 03:48   
Quote:

On 2009-12-01 20:02, Sardaukar wrote:

Where, precisely, is this majority of fleet elitists?

I hate elitists. They always have more stuff than me.

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-03 06:32   
Quote:

On 2009-12-02 11:14, Fatal Starcommander -TNCO- wrote:
he is just mad because of a post that said there should be more incentives for fleeted members besides just being faction locked and having your own chat channel. Fleets are clans, and every game has them. Weather official or not they are there. With fleeted members you know who is on and should almost always have someone to play with or members to call on to help counter an invasion.

The one issue I have with non-fleeted people is trust. High ranked unfleeted people can easily sabo a planet with no one knowing till its too late. The other is you can be fighting along side them one min and the next there attacking you and telling your enemy the plan you just had. Faction hoppers are the worst kind of player around.

There should be an option in your profile to remain unfleeted but self faction locked. You would have to abide by the cool down time fleets do if you change sides. Maybe even have an [I] on there name or to show other players they are independents. This would be completely voluntary but would be a good idea to show ones loyalty to a faction.

Another idea would be that when you fist log in you are asked to pick a side (with a small brief rundown on the factions). You can change sides in your profile but (it should warn you) you need to wait a day or two to change sides again.

Maybe even use both of these ideas. It would fix the faction hopper issue that is plaguing the game. Its not been happening a lot (not that I have seen) but it dose occure and something should be implemented to stop it.

I like the time cool down idea, some other mmo's like WW2Online have a cool down period of one hour before switching sides, merely because there is so much damage one can do to the opposing side if they flipped instantly (we see this alot in Darkspace). I feel with a low player base mmo like Darkspace something like that with a 1 hour window would be a good idea.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-12-03 10:11   
One problem with a cool down is some unfleeted players switch sides to try to self balance.

Not me tho, I don't care about K'Luth and ICC.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-12-03 11:21   
Hey guys let's remove rank from game because all those players that have a higher rank are elitist towards the lower ranked pilots and fly larger, more powerful ships just to spite them gosh that is so mean.

Also Daedelus I think you should change your name to Icarus because flying too close to the sun with wings made out of a product with very low specific heat was a terrible idea, and terribleness is a trait that all of your ideas share with that one.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-03 12:15   
It's because some DS "veterans" don't HAVE skill, and such, as they do in the Iraq and such....
Yeah.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-12-03 12:26 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Condor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-03 12:19   
Fleets are a good thing the top members teach the new players the game @ its breads comraid ship and loyallty to your clan .you also make friends with people from all over this world . they remain your mates for years . hope your ok dem its been some time

Email Condor
Njörðr
Lieutenant Commander
Mythica

Posted: 2009-12-03 12:43   
[sarcasm]
There is one fleet that clearly has the advantage, lets forfully split them up and distribute then across the other fleets.
You might be asking what fleet i am talking about? its fleet @0
[/sarcasm]

i see little usage of anti hop timers and removing the fleet/clan feature will just be areal hit on communication and the comminuty.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-12-03 16:23   
Quote:

On 2009-12-01 19:21, --Daedalus-- wrote:
I think fleets should be removed from DS. There is too much of a mindset with some people who think you are nothing, useless, n00b if you are not in a fleet and the ego of some of the people who belong to fleets just bring down the enjoyment level of the game.

There is no need for fleets, you don't get anything with a fleet you couldn't do without a fleet.

Anywhos just my thoughts on the subject after seeing someone post that changes should be made to force more people into fleets as if they are something special that no one else can have.

failtroll is fail.

don't feed the troll.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-03 16:24   
A hit on communication? What about FACTION chat? In fact, fleets should not be communicating in other chats because it leaves out the rest of the faction.

You know how many times I've been in the MV as Kluth and seen absolutely no chatting, no coordinating, no planning etc? Just silence?

Use FACTION chat, unless the topic is about the fleet itself.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-03 16:46   
For the most part, fleet chat is only useful in the non-scenario servers. There are some times when it is useful to have, such as when we are talking smack about other players. Oh. And then there's that whole tactical thing too.

What should really be banned is the use of voice comms. Because chances are when certain people log into mv and they see actions happening and no chatting, it is because everyone else is using XFire, vent or ts. You could look close and see that even those without fleet tags are also working in unison with those with tags.

This is just unfair. It should be banned and outlawed.

More things should be done to hinder, disincentivize and utterly destroy fleet activity in this fleet action based game. It is the essence of the survival of the egos of some players!

Isn't there some way we could get the staff to take this up in an emergency meeting???

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-12-03 16:49   
Fleets are staying. You are not required to join a fleet. There are bonuses in any multiplayer game for teaming up.

Those people that like playing as part of a fleet or team shouldn't be penalized because you don't like fleets.

My play account has NEVER joined a fleet and yet I still do just fine in it.

Email Tael
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.016930 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR