No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ICC/Kluth
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author ICC/Kluth
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2009-11-30 17:11   
Good point ants

i think i recall reflective armor being 50 percent resistance to energy..

no one ever complains about that!!

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-30 17:21   
The hp of reflective armor is also 85% standard armor

Email Sens [R33]
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-30 19:47   
Quote:

On 2009-11-30 12:46, Fatal Ants *XO* wrote:
Stop Using all Krills, They are almost all energy weapons.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Ants *XO* on 2009-11-30 12:46 ]

Last I heard the SI core weapon was not energy based, it is like the torp and PSI cannon...

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2009-11-30 19:49   
SI is energy and psi

says so in dev log

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-30 20:08   
I think PSI cannons are energy and PSI damage, not kinetic.

Why oh why is basic info like this not available in game? And why is it not listed on this spreadsheet? I have all the stats for all the weapons, but no info on what damage types they are.

Gang decloak, fire, cloak is not good when in eccm fields. You don't always have the luxury of being able to do that. Plus, missiles vs ICC? You really have to spam them nonstop to get past their pulse shields (which were beefed btw) Doesn't stop me from using the ganglia, but it's situational. I like ganglias vs UGTO if I think they're gonna use reflective armor, and because UGTO cannons don't do nearly as much damage at range. But not vs ICC, which can outrange a gang, pulse all it's missiles and cannons, and fire back with rails that have no damage falloff. It's a losing prospect.

Siphons are decent, ELF needs a beef but I do like my siphon. I don't even have a Krill right now because I'm afraid of losing my enhancements when I try taking them out of garage. It's already happened so until that bug is fixed no new ships for me.

I've disagreed with UGTO's new armors since I first saw them. But at least their specialized armors are weak to the other damage type.

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-30 20:22   
Quote:

On 2009-11-30 19:49, FaTaL Defiance wrote:
SI is energy and psi

says so in dev log

Well thats funny it's affected by the weapon multiplexer, that would make it, you guessed it.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-11-30 20:27   
it seems that people really forget the last patch Kluth. you guys would be crying even harder if you had to play the previous patch Kluth.

you don't lose cloak anymore when a beacon hits you. use that to your advantage. play like last patch, hit one or two alphas, short jump 1000 GU, then cloak. that tactic worked for me last patch and can work for you now.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-30 20:45   
Quote:

On 2009-11-30 20:22, El Guapo wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-11-30 19:49, FaTaL Defiance wrote:
SI is energy and psi

says so in dev log

Well thats funny it's affected by the weapon multiplexer, that would make it, you guessed it.

Doesn't matter, it's an energy/PSI projectile. It used to pure energy, basically a large disruptor in projectile form.

And as far as alpha then short jump, that's what Kluth do, but dictors totally prevent it. But it's still used, in fact that's the tactic that makes the Kluth haters so angry.

Hell Bender
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2009-11-30 21:02   
Quote:

On 2009-11-30 20:27, Leonide wrote:
it seems that people really forget the last patch Kluth. you guys would be crying even harder if you had to play the previous patch Kluth.

you don't lose cloak anymore when a beacon hits you. use that to your advantage. play like last patch, hit one or two alphas, short jump 1000 GU, then cloak. that tactic worked for me last patch and can work for you now.

I remember 1.47*, I don't want to hear about crying and adapting. Beacons would work cloaked or not, could see reflection of ship that was cloaked in the sun and bright lights ect ect...

What I wanted was an honest look at how the game adapts to buff/nerf. All this talk about making the kluth adapt to missles and non-energy based weapons, then I would also add that in Beta they are testing making our things vanish when we cloak, so.... KLuth have weak armor, ICC/Uggies all admit. KLuth have cloak as part of thier fighting style, again ICC/Uggies agree and KLuth range is not that of ICC... SO now instead of even leaving alone this complexity of problems, the devs will make it worse by implimenting such a modification.

(btw, the idea for us to fight with the ganglia or the like (mostly missle or torps) was the idea of the ICC chiefly to counter this as an opposing arguement... wouldn't it be nice to have KLuth be even less successful due to the fact we can't lob enough volleys, wait for them to hit then cloak without dire risk to life and limb while only doing minor damage in return due to small number of projectiles? I can see the answer now.. you need alot of people... Thats was KLuth said before ICC got the 25% shield buff... love the politics of the game!!)

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Email Hell Bender
Hell Bender
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2009-11-30 21:05   
Quote:

On 2009-11-30 14:58, Azreal wrote:
Tested it. No u cant.

yeah on that point I should have really checked it myself instead of relying on other peoples to tell me and then go and make a fool of myself. lesson learned

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Email Hell Bender
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-30 21:30   
Quote:

On 2009-11-30 21:02, Hell Bender wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-11-30 20:27, Leonide wrote:

huge rebutal

In case you guys didn't notice, that "change" was a joke. If you read the devlog, it said "K'luth ships will now detonate upon cloaking." Just a little joke between me and shig. The DR against energy weapons has been reduced slightly, seeing as 25% for no sacrafice in hitpoints is rather bias'd against luth.

Email Sens [R33]
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-01 01:40   
Use the siphon vs our shields, fire just the torps and SI till shields are gone THEN fire those beams and rip through us. Its a tactic I use on my AD when fighting Kluth up close. Will use Ion and tops to get rid of armor thus leaving more of my energy to get those beams on your hull.

So do the same thing with your siphon and get out of that Krill. Even the Krills 7 SI pack a punch still. Against an AD just hit any one side of them and there goes that shield (front arc has 2 shields and is why it seems to take longer to get through). SI even with the damage reduction still do quite a number on shields. Nerf the reduction more and those SI get over powered real quick. Besides with all those GA+ players on Kluth I don't see any shortages of Krills and teamwork.

If we lose players from Kluth because they can't relearn how to play the game since ICC isn't the pres cow it once was. So be it, there are certain players on Kluth that will never be happy unless there the king. Just because ICC can now stand on it own 2 feet without having to ASK for its planets back is not reason to re-nerf them again.

Kluth is going through what ICC just went through a month ago and what UGTO is going through. The players will return just give it some time and if you get any noobs on, TEACH THEM! Every noob I see on ICC I help get them ranked up fast and into those dessys quick. all the while teaching them how to fight against Kluth. Kltuh players should be teaching there noobs how to properly cloak and when to uncloak. Those little dessy and frigate ships are hard to hit with manual targeting and they uncloak/cloak wayy faster then those dreads. Had a Claw just sit there and rail on my rear armor on my AD, and I couldn't turn around fast enough to get rid of the bug. When I finally did he just cloaked, reneged his energy and kept at it. I had to eventually run or risk loosing an AD to a DESSY!

As of late I have seen Kluth ships uncloaking and firing on the sides of ships or uncloaking in front of other ships while trying to hit rear of another ship. This is just ASKING to die when you do that in front of an AD or CD, just asking to get hit and hit hard. When hitting the side of an AD or CD we can turn faster now and get our fronts bearing again. Remember the Kltuh tactics and put them back into practice. 2-3 Krill can still make 4-6 AD run in circles trying to hit ships. if you all uncloak and re-cloak properly we cant keep hitting the one that just re-cloaked after doing an hit and run because another just poped up behind us. We have to honor that new threat or risk losing the ship. Just use those tactics you keep flaunting at us and you will see that our 25% is still NEEDED!

Also 25% doesn't just work vs Kltuh but also against the EAD of UGTO and beams on a station. Yes Kluth have primarily beams for there weps but they also have a good mix of other guns in there too, like torps and PSI.

Just think your attack through rather then trying to slug it out with us. Our shields regen vary slowly so it should be easy to ware them down.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2009-12-01 02:17   
so nerfbat slap again just within week interesting lol

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-01 02:29   
Quote:

On 2009-11-30 12:46, Fatal Ants *XO* wrote:
we can try and balance them again... perhaps the admins to do something to make no fleet players balanced. Another way to get ppl to subscribe for fleets ļ

Stop trying to force people into fleets. if they wanted to be locked to a faction they would join a fleet and you cannot force this without pissing off a majorty of the players. Fleets are old and well pointless and if anything should be changed maybe remove fleets and the egos that go with them.

Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2009-12-01 02:48   
please put back the group mode even w/o the prestige gain at least we can see our group teammates state and position ...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.016401 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR