No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Ship Interdictors
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Ship Interdictors
Pyruvic
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-12-03 06:25   
I thought that the lack of prestige wasn't a problem since they were planning on implementing a grouping system very soon... At least that's what I heard at some point... And with groups, the prestige would be distributed to everyone, thus people would be inclined to do other roles besides combat.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-03 16:38   
Quote:

On 2009-12-03 06:25, Pyruvic wrote:
I thought that the lack of prestige wasn't a problem since they were planning on implementing a grouping system very soon... At least that's what I heard at some point... And with groups, the prestige would be distributed to everyone, thus people would be inclined to do other roles besides combat.

Which is fine so long as the italicized part isn't true:

Quote:
- Added grouping system which allows players to form groups within their faction in-game. Grouped players share stat gains in all stats categories based on the rank of the player.

Because then players wouldn't have to fly combat at all to gain their combat badges, or engineer at all to gain engineering badges, or capture ships at all to gain privateer badges, etc etc. All they'd have to do is group with someone doing that stuff. For dictors, newer players could fly a dictor exclusively, group constantly, and still gain all the badges.

Group prestige should be bonus prestige only, not stat prestige. You should have to earn badges yourself.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-12-03 16:51   
Hmm, maybe we should look at Dictors getting "ships captured" points towards privateer badge for number of jumps blocked/stopped. like 0.1 per jump blocked.

Email Tael
Hell Bender
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2009-12-03 17:04   
Quote:

Group prestige should be bonus prestige only, not stat prestige. You should have to earn badges yourself.

AGREE!

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Email Hell Bender
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-03 17:38   
Quote:

On 2009-12-03 16:51, Tael wrote:
Hmm, maybe we should look at Dictors getting "ships captured" points towards privateer badge for number of jumps blocked/stopped. like 0.1 per jump blocked.

That's a good idea. Maybe based on the class of the vessel too (dreads worth more...)

Pyruvic
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-12-03 17:52   
You can't count how many jumps a dictor field has stopped because once people are in the dictor field they're naturally not going to try jumping, thus you can't accurately figure out how many jumps you stopped by having that dictor field up. :/ That, and the prescence of a dictor field causes players to change tactics anyways.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-03 18:46   
Quote:

That doesn't fit though, because you're not capturing ships, you're stopping them.

If anything, let the person who captured a ship for his faction issue commands to that ship

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-12-03 19:05   
I'd do the privateer bit based on damage done or to ships (or just ships destroyed) in your interdiction field. And honestly, I don't see the problem with letting players get a percent of any stat for being in a group with the earner, so long as they're in the same system. That engineer wouldn't have been able to earn any points at all if his combat allies hadn't kept the area clear of enemies. They won't recieve as many points as him, but they'll get a little something for their efforts.

On topic, though: If people have a problem with interdictors, stop flying easily caught ships. The only change I'd like to interdictor devices is a cooldown upon exiting jump; An interdictor should take a minute or two to reverse the polarity and discharge the capacitors etc. after a jump before they can activate an interdiction field.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-03 20:25   
Same system could work for shared stats. I still prefer it being purely bonus prestige, because people will be earning combat and supply badges left and right potentially without ever doing any combat or supply, which is just wrong.

Sops
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-12-03 22:49   
Quote:

On 2009-12-03 20:25, MrSparkle wrote:
Same system could work for shared stats. I still prefer it being purely bonus prestige, because people will be earning combat and supply badges left and right potentially without ever doing any combat or supply, which is just wrong.

I agree

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-04 00:19   
Quote:

Not such a bad idea, since they are technically capturing the ship... Wouldn't be hard to implement if we went along with it...

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-04 00:21   
So we don't want dictors to used in hunting. why not instead have a low-weapon Station be the dictor. just scrap the cruiser idea.

Defends the fleet, can't chase people down.

Viskel the Muffin Muncher
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-04 08:09   
Quote:

On 2009-12-04 00:21, Delando wrote:
So we don't want dictors to used in hunting. why not instead have a low-weapon Station be the dictor. just scrap the cruiser idea.

Defends the fleet, can't chase people down.

Because it also can't dodge and keep itself alive. It'll just get the crap shot out of it. Also, not all players can fly stations tyvm.. It's a support role, should be played by the lower ranks while the higher ranks fly the dreadnoughts and stations it is protecting.

Delando
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-04 09:13   
Quote:

Because it also can't dodge and keep itself alive. It'll just get the crap shot out of it. Also, not all players can fly stations tyvm.. It's a support role, should be played by the lower ranks while the higher ranks fly the dreadnoughts and stations it is protecting.

hmm... would that be so bad? Since we are talking fleet defence, there has to be a fleet right? So let Dictor station protect the fleet from being jumped and vice-versa.

frankly, most dictor pilots aren't that good/moral at it's use. I think having a higher rank requirement may put this rather contravesal tool in more responsible hands.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-04 09:17   
A dico is meant to be used offensively and defensively. It is one of the only ships in the game that can make a battle decisive. Granted, its only as useful as the players it is supporting.

Email Sens [R33]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023337 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR