No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » New features players would like added.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author New features players would like added.
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-02 03:17   
Free cheesecake slices every month with a subscription.

-Ent

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-12-02 05:07   

• Asteroid Belts.
  • More specific infantry.
    or at least infantry space pods instead of those default cargo pods.
  • allied ship towing, bring back the tractor e-jump. but only for allies.
  • Ability to give a command to NOT recharge a weapon (or jumpdrive) after usage.
    (alt+key perhaps?)
  • Luth missiles auto grow/regrow there ammo over time.
    (Or just don't give them ammo at all at the cost of a longer reload time.)
  • Bring back Rogue Spear Coolness Points
  • E-jump damages the jump drive (again).
  • Preview button for forum post.
  • Ability to buy/order the basic enhancements at the cost of more Resources lost Stats.
  • 5 year veteran badge if your account is 5 years old.
  • Drafell where is your little dictorfield around the jumpgates?
  • EAD type Jack with more weapons but no extra generators.
  • Automatic feature that moves all suggestions or change comments to the beta forum.
  • Higher classed ships require more than just technology, resources and METAL as requirements.
    Bring back the other resource flags Heavy Metals, Darkmatter etc.
    This should force players to spawn those higher classed ships in there home system.
  • In the honor of Kamikaze Chicken, every time someone self destructs a sound of a chicken will be played for every client in the server.
  • Do we still need the rank Cadet?
  • taunting Pirates across your /t
    "Pirate CruiserIX sends: We got you now, surrender or we will make space debris out of you!"
  • Something new about Repair que plz. its a mess looking for one (jumpdrive) specific gadget to prioritize when Every gadgets is damaged.
  • A interview with faustus about how much he likes us (or not) its been ages since we/i heard him talk about us or the game.
    Little more interaction with the community might brighten up the mood here. Not asking for weekly/montly but once a quarter year seems nice.
  • Gaifen spores invading ships (act like infantry).
  • Fighters: target lost? attack closest target.
    Or is that asking to much?
  • Preview post button, wait i already asked for that didn't I?
  • Monsterkill!!! sound when killing space entities..
  • Horns! yes you heard me, Horns! Thuuuu Thuuuuu Dread coming trough!
  • More humor in the game followed by doran in a mod-orb equipped with a disconnect cannon.

?? i am out of idea's...

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-02 05:22   
that was pretty general
i like lots of those

Pyruvic
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-12-02 14:55   
Interesting list, except for the e-jump damages the jump drive.... Eh? It's illogical. ._.

Anyways, here's a crazy idea. How about the ability to build platforms in 3 dimensions, with a limit as to how far you can go on the z axis determined by the fact that there's a build range of 250 GUs... It's doable, considering there's asteroids all over the place that are displaced in the Z-Axis. Either this, or some way to prevent platforms from shooting each other/allied ships/planets.

Also, do something about tech levels on planets maybe? It doesn't really make sense to have a tech level on planets... Currently, the scenario is that a space-faring civilization drops people onto the planets surface, they colonize the planet... And suddenly forget how to build anything decent? Eh? Really? The other thing about tech level is that if, you ignore the previous statement, the pitiful number of things that you can build at 0 tech don't make much sense either. If you landed a bunch of colonists on a planet's surface in a warzone, I'm pretty sure the second thing they would put up would be some sort of defense system, so maybe tech level could be converted into something else... Like how fast stuff builds? Like, you could build a shipyard at 0 tech, but it would take like 2 hours? Maybe, I guess, replace tech level with industrial capability or something?

Oh, and... Uhhh... Maybe planetary siege weapons (mirvs, planet siege missiles, etc) should actually do damage to ships if they hit... I mean, they ARE nukes...
[ This Message was edited by: Pyruvic on 2009-12-02 15:47 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Pyruvic on 2009-12-02 15:48 ]
[ This Message was edited by: Pyruvic on 2009-12-02 22:18 ]

Storm514
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-03 08:52   
I rarely ever make posts in forums for games I play, but this seemed to have caught my eye.

I often find myself wishing that I had a little bit more choice of which weapons that my ships had, or even defenses. I've only heard rumors of a previous state of the game where customizing one's ships in more detail was possible, but so was making a 'one bad mutha' type ship.

Suggested feature(s): Perhaps switching offensive weapons out for a defensive system? For UGTO or ICC, it might look something like removing a weapon for extra armor (UGTO/ICC) or shields (ICC).

Another funny thought I often think about... The ICC are advanced to the point of shielding, and yet when one replaces an AUX generator with a shield generator they don't know how to project the shield to a desired direction.

Suggested feature(s): Perhaps make the optional shield generators automatically reinforce the side with the lowest shields, assign hot keys to the side it covers (ALT + numpad4 = Move shield reinforcement to left side shields). Another thought, perhaps make the shield generators buff the overall shield strength equal to the amount of 'hit points' that it would normally have. By that I mean if the standard shield at 100% is equal to a value of, lets say, 4 and the shield generator is also valued at 4 when at maximum. Instead of having the different arcs have values of 4, 4, 4 and 8. Maybe make the values at 5, 5, 5, and 5.

This could be me in fantasy land... Either way, have a happy forum day! :P

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2009-12-03 09:53   
um.. we can already move shields to the desired arc....

Storm514
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-03 11:20   
I ment the generator's reinforcment. EG. the extra arc that it gives. (I'm speaking of the AUX generator's swap out, for the ICC)

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-03 11:24   
- Auto remove of idiotic posts

Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-03 12:19   
Quote:

On 2009-12-03 08:52, xStorm514x wrote:

Suggested feature(s): Perhaps make the optional shield generators automatically reinforce the side with the lowest shields, assign hot keys to the side it covers (ALT + numpad4 = Move shield reinforcement to left side shields). Another thought, perhaps make the shield generators buff the overall shield strength equal to the amount of 'hit points' that it would normally have. By that I mean if the standard shield at 100% is equal to a value of, lets say, 4 and the shield generator is also valued at 4 when at maximum. Instead of having the different arcs have values of 4, 4, 4 and 8. Maybe make the values at 5, 5, 5, and 5.

This could be me in fantasy land... Either way, have a happy forum day!

I do like this point, and sux shield already is like reactive strength shield with an active shield drain...

Why not make the aux shield more like over all shield boost/regen or a shield power battery.
Shield boost would be like the 4-4-4-4 like 5-5-5-5
shield regen would be like an extra 5-10% recharge rate
or have it like a 1 arc 100% extra power that uses an extra hot key to actually activate to dump that raw power in to all shields arc to give an boost of 25% per arc. Something like that.

This might seem OP, but you have to also look at the point ICC will lose operational power, still have extra power drain to recharge what means less power for offence and more for defence. If the user desires to put them in.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-03 16:33   
Quote:

On 2009-12-03 08:52, xStorm514x wrote:
Another funny thought I often think about... The ICC are advanced to the point of shielding, and yet when one replaces an AUX generator with a shield generator they don't know how to project the shield to a desired direction.

Well if you want to go down that road (and I do too), how about the Kluth being so advanced they have disruptors and cloaks, and yet whoever designed their ships was dumb enough to place forward-firing weapons at the rear of the ship? It mostly affects dreads, which naturally are the most popular ship.

Wouldn't you place forward-firing weapons at the front of a ship? Why put them toward the rear? All that does is artifically reduce their range. Take ELF beams for example. Their range is so low, and they're placed so far back on the siphon, that you have to be close to touching the target to fire them. Every weapon's range is artifically reduced that way. And Kluth never want to be that close to ICC and UGTO, they want to stay at their max range because their primary weapons are designed to do the same damage at long range, while ICC and UGTO's weapons are designed to do more damage the closer the target is.

It makes no sense? The only reason it's like this is because the weapons look nice firing from those points on the ship model. The points themselves shouldn't be weapon points They're too far back.

Pyruvic
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-12-03 16:51   
About shields, the easiest way to fix the problem would be to simply bind numpad 5 to an equalize function that takes all shield arcs and attempts to equalize them by one step rather than directly reinforcing only one arc. Obviously, it'd have to be done in steps or it'd be overpowered since you could just mash the button and force them to completely take down your shields before they could actually touch you... As for the aux shield gen, if you have an aux shield gen, the equalize/reinforce binds should take directly from the aux shield gen before taking from any of the other arcs.

Oh, and some way to increase ICC shield regen out of battle would be cool too... 2 minutes waiting just for a cruiser's shield to regen from 0 is ridiculous and the reason why some ICC players burn armor instead of shields and leave without every raising their shields unless something unexpected attacks them.

Another idea: Lock planets by engineering level, rather than rank level. There's quite a few really high rank players that are really bad at building planets, refuse to admit it, and lock planets so that other people can't mess with their masterpieces... Also, as has been mentioned in the past, players should be able to decide what level they want to lock the planet at so that they're not the only people who can actually access it, rather than having the planet automatically locked to their rank which might be really high... coughchiefmarshalscough
[ This Message was edited by: Pyruvic on 2009-12-03 17:02 ]

Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-04 23:19   
What I would like to see is a diffrent jump for stations.
It would be cool of they had a FTL like in BSG. Select a point and poof your there... that would be cool

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-12-05 08:27   
Quote:
On 2009-12-04 23:19, Fatal Ants *XO* wrote:
What I would like to see is a diffrent jump for stations.
It would be cool of they had a FTL like in BSG. Select a point and poof your there... that would be cool

stations alraedy have a different jump system, HMA.
And the poof your there. maybe the dev's can lower the Wormhome creation point, so that you instantly get pulled in.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-05 08:40   
Home systems can only be logged into by the same faction, otherwise you have to enter through the Sag gate to invade.

Stations should have the ability to offer modding, if the needed resources are present.

Instead of scrapping to upgrade, put in an upgrade similar to what the weapon upgrade system was in the .483. Make it where you click on an icon and you can upgarde that structure if the needed resources are available. This should be a build mod function only.

Double bonus point weekends in the scenario servers. This would draw in some people I think.

Implement the icon ship addition.

Target information displayed over the target in a shield/hull/armor bar as opposed to being in the bottom corner.

Ability to move ui buttons. I hate my weapons and everything being in the bottom left. I have to shift my focus from combat to look for icons.

Interdictor ships removed, and instead have a 1K radius interdictor platform. As a stationary target (make it untractorable) it would be a good snare for an open space trap, but remove the issue with the current interdictor setup.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-12-05 08:48 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Lunatiq
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-12-05 16:58   
1. Reverse thrusters.... max reverse speed of .5 gu, and perhaps also used to rapidly slow your ship.

2. I like the dictor platform idea, perhaps with a limited range and a higher resource cost so that only sector command stations or command dreads could build them.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.027440 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR