No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » New features players would like added.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author New features players would like added.
SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-30 03:20   
Post the features here!!!!!!!

I would like Target hotkeys of some sort if possible.
a button to turn on AI ships in F2 Nav screen.

**beacons to send a signal as they should on kluth as they do on Friendlys and ICC * 2 minutes *** lolz ^^

[ This Message was edited by: SPaRTaN Z (Star Fox) on 2009-11-30 03:24 ]

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-11-30 03:55   
Quote:
On 2009-11-30 03:20, SPaRTaN Z (Star Fox) wrote:
Post the features here!!!!!!!

I would like Target hotkeys of some sort if possible.
a button to turn on AI ships in F2 Nav screen.

**beacons to send a signal as they should on kluth as they do on Friendlys and ICC * 2 minutes *** lolz ^^

Target hotkey = E
Unless you mean next target or previous it has been suggested but i don't think drafell has looked at it yet.

AI ships already appear in Navigation screen or do you mean appear in the friendly contact list? they got removed because there where just to many.
Might want to use the "y" key in navigation it activates Ship orders, and since no player ship is getting orders lately, its a fast way to see what the AI are doing.

Beacons to send signals? plz be more specific.
Do you want the old style beacon back that was a friendly target-able even when the luth was cloaked or 10K gu away..
Or something else.

plz be a little more specific with your "features"

e

Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2009-11-30 04:25   
is there way to cycle thru latest events ?
like previous event not just last event ?

would like to see that solution

ofcourse ability to mark primary and secondary target would be nice

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-30 05:10   
Features = any function that a player desires

A fantasy thread this may be.. but a thread for ideas and future functions that could be implemented.

Yes I mean AI ships in the friendly and non friendly contact list.. especially helpful when looking for elite AI. (don't we like options?)
Say target hotkey.. a specific supply plat.. or specific enemy (tho once cloaked/ecmmed or out of ranged would have to be reset), specific planet ... SY, Friendly, Astroid depot, infantry watever,. HOTKEYZ

and beacons....
i accidently shot a beacon onto a friendly once ecm bombing.... the thing pulsed for a long while (over1min) until I de-activated it (shift t). In any case, i don't know how old style beacons worked so.... i can't comment there but yeh if the beacon was to my liking it would work the same on kluth as on friendlys... perhaps an independant target source (even tho it isn't an independent target source now, it could well be...??) .. but ofcourse the kluth bio armor and hull would absorb the beacon (at some faster rate) wouldn't it??

** edit : also.. say if we unload infantry onto a supply plat.. the ability to load them. **
[ This Message was edited by: SPaRTaN Z (Star Fox) on 2009-11-30 05:50 ]

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-30 06:20   
Quote:

On 2009-11-30 05:10, SPaRTaN Z (Star Fox) wrote:

and beacons....
i accidently shot a beacon onto a friendly once ecm bombing.... the thing pulsed for a long while (over1min) until I de-activated it (shift t). In any case, i don't know how old style beacons worked so....

they raised sig by x, so basically if you spammed them on 1 ship they could theoretically end up getting 1000+ sig. it was so high ppl that was camping the lobby saw them

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-30 06:41   
Beacons do last as long on a K'Luth ship as a human ship.

It takes them longer to cloak, and then they finally disappear. But the beacons are still there. If the ship tries uncloaking it is extended due to the beacons.

The beacons eventually die off, but they last just as long for us as ya'll. You just dont see them when we finally fully cloak.

New feature prefered:

Characters locked to faction.
In game moderators.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-12-02 17:25 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-30 07:30   
Variety to the performance effects to the Exhaust enhancements..
say.. dark blue is the standard so
6%total speed
3%thrust
4%turn

Purple exhaust
5%speed
2%thrust
6%turn

Red Hot
9%speed
3%thrust
1%turn

[ This Message was edited by: SPaRTaN Z (Star Fox) on 2009-11-30 07:31 ]

Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-30 08:25   
Quote:

On 2009-11-30 06:41, Azreal wrote:
Beacons do last as long on a K'Luth ship as a human ship.

It takes them longer to cloak, and then they finally disappear. But the beacons are still there. If the ship tries uncloaking it is extended due to the beacons.

The beacons eventually die off, but they last just as long for us as ya'll. You just dont see them when we finally fully cloak.

New feature prefered:

Characters locked to faction.
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-11-30 07:11 ]

Just a friendly FYI. the cloak brings the signature down to 0. You spam beacon... put 50 ECCM on the cloak is meant to continue to "cover" all energy to make the target invisible to sensors. That said the more ECCM you have and you beacon will make the ship take longer to cloak.

Now what I would like to see done with beacons. Make them faction sensitive. If ICC shoots them only ICC can see it, kind of thing.

Pyruvic
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-12-01 14:55   
I had an idea about beacons actually... Preventing Kluth from cloaking has already been decided as overpowered, and just raising signature is a bit weak.. So, I propose that beacons raise signature AND say... Every 10-15 seconds maybe? They give off a ping that works exactly like an ECCM ping... Thus, if they're attached to a cloaked ship, they ping the cloaked ship every once in a while. It makes sense really, since the beacon is technically supposed to be a tracking device.

Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-01 16:17   
Quote:

On 2009-12-01 14:55, Pyruvic wrote:
I had an idea about beacons actually... Preventing Kluth from cloaking has already been decided as overpowered, and just raising signature is a bit weak.. So, I propose that beacons raise signature AND say... Every 10-15 seconds maybe? They give off a ping that works exactly like an ECCM ping... Thus, if they're attached to a cloaked ship, they ping the cloaked ship every once in a while. It makes sense really, since the beacon is technically supposed to be a tracking device.

That would work... But I still think they should be faction linked so the ping would work only for the faction that taged the ship.

Pyruvic
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-12-01 17:24   
Oh, yeah, I see what you mean. That would be logical, because the beacons wouldn't exactly be sending out a general noticeable signal, otherwise, if you knew there was a beacon attached to your ship hull... Wouldn't you just shoot it off with a low powered laser shot? Yeah.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-01 18:54   
#1 complete removal of enhancements. There's no need for them; the game lasted 7 years without them and it's way easier to balance the game without them.

#2 a modding system based on the point system used to design the current ships, but with limitations in place like no more than 1 special 2 slot per ship. Who cares if the old modded MD with torps was overpowered, because everyone could build that sort of ship, and it all balances itself out (is one overpowered ship vs another overpowered ship really overpowered?). But no flux dreads and no cross-faction gadgets.

#3 new behavior/feature for interceptor fighters to make them useful. I'd like to be able to target a ship or planet or point in space, launch interceptors at it, and have them fly around and defend the target from incoming missiles and fighters automatically...PD in fighter form. When hostile/neutral missiles or fighters get within a certain range of the target they're defending, they move to intercept. If their target ship moves, the interceptors follow up to max range from you (no idea what that range should be). You can also target yourself and the interceptors will defend you until they have to dock.

(it sucks so much having to target individual missiles and fighters to launch interceptors that nobody uses them, when they could be so useful)

If #1 won't ever happen (which would suck) at least make the advanced/rare enhancements drop from players instead of AI; and I mean all players no matter their ship or rank (naturally scouts would have a lower chance than stations of dropping rares, but still a chance).

If the game wants to be competitive in the upcoming space MMO market I think #2 is imperative, no matter how much work is involved.

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-01 19:51   
Quote:

On 2009-12-01 18:54, MrSparkle wrote:
#1 complete removal of enhancements. There's no need for them; the game lasted 7 years without them and it's way easier to balance the game without them.

This.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Light404
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-01 20:18   
enhancements have nothing to do with the balance of the game, they are simply an upgrade to your ship as a reward for people who have

A: been here a long time and subscribed so they can use enhanced/advanced level enhancements

B: farmed rogen's rift, which is still takes forever so if you do it, more power to ya

Enhancements are awesome and should go no where.

Also, I do miss the shop modification of old, but a lot of it got OP and out of control

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-01 22:58   
A reward for farming rogens rift? Do you know how bad that sounds? There should be no incentive to fight AI except for those times when other players can't be found. But rewarding people for doing it? That's totally against the spirit of this game, established years ago.

I farmed RR for my enhancements, and wanted to pull the rest of my hair out. And I'd happily see every single one of them gone and the game brought back to a non-enhancement balance.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021240 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR