Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Annoying Luyten
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author Annoying Luyten
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-12-31 19:27   
Quote:

On 2009-12-31 15:34, Reek Havoc *XO* wrote:
...and this is the part where they all told us math would help you someday.... none of you listened, good job. LOL..

So somewhere in the beginning of this thread it was stated that luyten was central to combat. Here is my suggection Shig on a map for this system:

1 Sun,

3 clustered of systems, each with a flag planet that is script locked to it's respectiv faction. The other 2 planets should be 1 of each Arid/Ice and barren.

Perhaps a 4th system for limited AI spawnevent spawn/ script spawn point.... (Whatever happen to elites and enhancements in this patch?)

This should keep combat focused in the central location, prevent un warrante bombing with script locked flag planets and allow for an ongoing combat arena in the actual mv.

I would be happy to submit a map if requested or help work on one.

Just my 2 cents,

Happy New Year!

-RH

I like, nice idea - its how I visioned Luyten to be.

-Baron Von Virtu
Cadet

Posted: 2009-12-31 19:33   
Quote:

On 2009-12-31 19:27, Pegasus wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-12-31 15:34, Reek Havoc *XO* wrote:
...and this is the part where they all told us math would help you someday.... none of you listened, good job. LOL..

So somewhere in the beginning of this thread it was stated that luyten was central to combat. Here is my suggection Shig on a map for this system:

1 Sun,

3 clustered of systems, each with a flag planet that is script locked to it's respectiv faction. The other 2 planets should be 1 of each Arid/Ice and barren.

Perhaps a 4th system for limited AI spawnevent spawn/ script spawn point.... (Whatever happen to elites and enhancements in this patch?)

This should keep combat focused in the central location, prevent un warrante bombing with script locked flag planets and allow for an ongoing combat arena in the actual mv.

I would be happy to submit a map if requested or help work on one.

Just my 2 cents,

Happy New Year!

-RH

I like, nice idea - its how I visioned Luyten to be.

You guys don't really get this whole territorial control concept that the metaverse is based off of, do you?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\r\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n
Site Director - The Darkspace Connection - http://www.3dap.com/darkspace

ssj4megaman
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-31 20:54   
I dont know if this is the right place to ask, but if every faction has a gate next to some planets why don't we make 1 planet for each faction or close to each faction home gate, permanent. That planet cannot be capped so the enemy can always spawn and try to take back their "planet group"

This could lead to more stand off's which would lead to more battling. This can also lead to a tug of war battling. If everything is cappable then it just basically becomes wait for server to reset and that just gets old.... anyway probably not the best place to ask but......

Email ssj4megaman
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-12-31 21:14   
good idea. no point in having any more than 3 planets in the game. gonna improve the lag situation. we'll be able to get rid of transports, infantry too probably, since the planets arent capturable, bombers can go out the window too. and we can use the extra space on the ship selection screen for bigger buttons with pictures of the ships on them. wont needs PSMs anymore so missile ships can get a few extra missiles or something. can get rid of all of the engineer ships, just have the planets prebuilt or maintained by ai. wont need any def bases or platforms to defend planets anymore. dictor and sensor bases can go too, no need for those. heck, planet structures can probably be removed alltogether. allow all ships to be spawned from the gate, only need planets for the very limited modding, but we could just disable the "be in orbit" requirement on that.

shoot, we dont even need planets. just a couple spawn points, a few combat ships, maybe a supply ship and some pre-rendered background art and we'll have QuakeSpace, the biggest little third-erson shooter IN SPACE. can get away with finally upgrading the engine too, with so few assets to convert, and keep the system requirements down at the same time.

its a win-win situation.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2010-01-01 09:47   
I concur.

Email Sens [R33]
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2010-02-17 03:02   
Quote:

On 2009-12-31 21:14, Doran wrote:
good idea. no point in having any more than 3 planets in the game. gonna improve the lag situation. we'll be able to get rid of transports, infantry too probably, since the planets arent capturable, bombers can go out the window too. and we can use the extra space on the ship selection screen for bigger buttons with pictures of the ships on them. wont needs PSMs anymore so missile ships can get a few extra missiles or something. can get rid of all of the engineer ships, just have the planets prebuilt or maintained by ai. wont need any def bases or platforms to defend planets anymore. dictor and sensor bases can go too, no need for those. heck, planet structures can probably be removed alltogether. allow all ships to be spawned from the gate, only need planets for the very limited modding, but we could just disable the "be in orbit" requirement on that.

shoot, we dont even need planets. just a couple spawn points, a few combat ships, maybe a supply ship and some pre-rendered background art and we'll have QuakeSpace, the biggest little third-erson shooter IN SPACE. can get away with finally upgrading the engine too, with so few assets to convert, and keep the system requirements down at the same time.

its a win-win situation.

LOL.

I think just adding a couple more planet clusters in Luyten will do the job.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.011383 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR