Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Annoying Luyten
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Annoying Luyten
Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2009-11-22 12:51   
Could we possibly get the Luyten system switched around? As it is the central system, we often end up fighting here and I find the way it is now with one planet cluster plus Zoca, an annoying setup.

What I would like to see is 3 small planet clusters. (Maybe in a triangle around the sun?) Keeping it to 3 planets per cluster would help also. I believe that if all 3 factions were able to have planets in the system at once, we would see a nice amount of combat. The way it is now, either one faction controls both the cluster and Zoca or else one faction controls the cluster and another controls Zoca...

Does anyone else here agree with me?

Sokoban[DeadWarrior]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-22 13:22   
ths will be nice for me but we need secure from caping this planet becouse luth always caping all planets and then noone will fight

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-22 15:54   
It would be nice, I agree Silent...

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-22 16:00   
here here

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-22 16:34   
I say just replace the Luyten map with another, like BD. I think the central map should be the largest map, but that's just my opinion.

Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2009-11-22 16:49   
Quote:

On 2009-11-22 13:22, Sokoban[DeadWarrior] wrote:
ths will be nice for me but we need secure from caping this planet becouse luth always caping all planets and then noone will fight

I just mean a normal system, nothing special. As for K'luth, the UGTO seem to hold Luyten's more than any other faction. Even if one faction did control all 3 clusters, it would still be much easier for another faction to get a foothold than it currently is, and 2 factions in one system normally means combat...

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-22 17:18   
We have a variety of old maps, if you want to suggest a substitute. Alternately, I can just make a new one..

Email Shigernafy
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-11-22 17:28   
Quote:

On 2009-11-22 17:18, Shigernafy wrote:
We have a variety of old maps, if you want to suggest a substitute. Alternately, I can just make a new one..

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-22 17:43   
Just make a new one with more then just 3 clusters, more like 5 of 2-3 planets. Have 3 of them be Arid planets orbited by either barrens, ocean or ice planets (ocean and ice planets are good for def base planets because of the pop bonus). Sizes should be med for main planet and smalls for the moons (these sizes seem to be the best for planets to ward off attackers by themselves). The other 2 should be large Terran planets orbited by 3 small or med moons (Large planets are harder to get to self defend due to the larger size). The gates would be near or orbiting one of the clusters with the terran clusters in the middle near the sun up for grabs. with having more then just 3 clusters gives room to gain ground ect (a stopping off point) before hitting the main cluster. RR gate could be near these terrans and in fact be controlled by the pirates themselves at first. Pirates need to have there own single uncappable planet and it can be near the outer edge of the system (maybe even put the RR gate there instead?). A middle system it needs breathing room between everyone and is why adding a few other clusters gives everyone that room. Luyten map in scenario needs to mirror this as well since it really sucks or just pull it from the rotation since it gets skipped most of the time.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-22 18:12   
Nicea.
Or something like it.
It had multiple clusters and it was large enough to give room for manuvers.

When the Nicea system was in the game, it was probably the scene of more battles than any other system. And the best battles I've ever had were there too. It was just so perfect for combat.

If we could have that one, or one similarly designed, it would be the ticket.

And I always thought that Nicea would be the perfect "center" system to concentrate combat into.

But that's just my opinion.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-11-22 19:47   
i agree we need to change this system and maybe replace the star with black whole just to make it different

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Viskel the Muffin Muncher
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-23 08:03   
If we replace Luyten with a large system with 3+ clusters, what becomes of the other systems? Already activity is low in the other ones. Combat shouldn't happen in one sole system, but be spread out. Sure, having cluster wars would be nice and all... So why not just play Scenario for that? Besides, it makes the other systems obsolete for anything aside from spawning stations.

Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-23 12:30   
Quote:

On 2009-11-23 08:03, Viskel wrote:
If we replace Luyten with a large system with 3+ clusters, what becomes of the other systems? Already activity is low in the other ones. Combat shouldn't happen in one sole system, but be spread out. Sure, having cluster wars would be nice and all... So why not just play Scenario for that? Besides, it makes the other systems obsolete for anything aside from spawning stations.

You realize that there is already a lack of players? Making one system where we fight will only create more combat, not less by splitting the 20-30 players we have into small groups all over. So why not congregate everyone to one system in the center of the larger ones where if one faction gains a foothold they can go onto the others, but they have to split their forces to do it?

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-11-23 12:38   
It is certainly not the best choice whoever designed it, while PB fly for UGTO this tour we certanly found it very difficult to literally breathe in our new system.
Even when the update came on Saturday they didnt reset the planets so Kluth still held R33 and BD was up for grabs, but that was technically ICC anyway and Kluth already held Epsi. Starcommander (thank you) kindly gave us Eternity as myself and Steveyk starting planning to retake R33 for which we had no planet of our own.
UGTO struggled for about 8 hours straight (until i logged off at 3.30am) holding Eternity and Tattoo against K'luth.
With Epsi and BD sandwiching R33 very tight there is no room for maneuver.
I certainly wouldnt call it a fair system but it does create alot of battles in and around Luyten.

Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-23 13:10   
I agree with Azreal

niccea

nicea was the shizzles back in the days, i miss umbrella cluster, the u1 through u 8, multiple suns for maximum solar gen outputs oh ya

niccea gets my vote

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027398 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR