No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » ECM and ECCM
 Author ECM and ECCM
Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-21 20:21   
So why do Luth get this option for?
These are human devices.

When human races are using ECCM to ping and Luth are using an ECM to counter the Ping and the retradation of ther cloak by using a Human device to help them cloak/uncloak faster.

Shouldn't Luth have the AHR or Chit as there special slot instead of the ECM/ECCM/Scanner slot.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-22 12:02   
Like someone else mentioned in-game, ECM and ECCM are concepts; there is no one way to jam or find a signal. Instead of making 6 different gadgets that do the same thing, we just use ecm and eccm. Technology may vary, but ultimately it does the same thing.

Email Sens [R33]
Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-01 08:59   
I hear what you are saying, The issues I see id K'luth have cloak. and they get to use ECM to counter ECCM so they can cloak faster. But you know ECM is used to hide our energy signature “human Cloak” ECCM to raise it “counter ECM”, K'luth already have a cloak to lower their Signature to be invisible...

Again whatever... I just thought Id bring it up.

Oh can we get AHR plz on ICC and UGTO?

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Ants *XO* on 2009-12-02 15:50 ]

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-05 14:34   
AHR works on the principle kluth ships are organisms. I don't see anything that says human ships use living metal...

Email Sens [R33]
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-15 15:42   
Quote:

On 2009-12-05 14:34, Sens wrote:
AHR works on the principle kluth ships are organisms. I don't see anything that says human ships use living metal...

AHR = limited automated self repair supply drones. there ya go.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-12-15 17:33   
Quote:
On 2009-12-15 15:42, iwanii the top gear Gaifen wrote:
AHR = limited automated self repair supply drones. there ya go.

For renaming yes. but in cannon its a whole different thing.

Think biological, when a hold is punched in the hull, the hull itself starts to swell en close the hole. fluids start to form around the cracks and the hole starts to heal, this all happens in a time frame that we only see in movies/series.
But there is a limit, the ship itself gets exhausted or drained from fluids and other forms of "energy" that is distributed along the ship just like we distribute blood and that blood is used to close a small wound.
the AHR is nothing but a designation of the whole above mentioned automated biological process, the number just represents how much of this generalized "ability" the ship has left.

With human tech its something different, while we have components that can auto repair themselves they can not replace or withstand large damage. when large damage occurs it usually is up to the crew and on-board repair drones.
This process is very effective when it comes to machinery but is not that instant since response time between detection and getting the right tools there is longer than a biological process might take.

STILL!!
when thinking about the difference between humans and K'Luth, i am coming to the conclusion that one day a difference must be drawn..
In the past we had a system that made it hard to knock out a device and was even directional orientated (got shot left, left systems first etc).
i propose the following: Luth have advantage of fast repairing small system damage but have difficulty repairing large damages but (except AM tech?) with ARH are always able to repair a system.
Humans on the other hand once have advantage of getting large damage done faster but have trouble getting it back to peak performance and once a device is knocked out they need repair drones to get it working again.
[quote]% a system is damaged:
[*]K'Luth:
0/30% = 150% repair rate
30/60% = 100% repair rate
60/99% = 60% repair rate
100% = Destroyed (ARH is able to repair)
[*]Humans
0/10 = 50% repair rate
10/25 = 80% repair rate
25/80= 120% repair rate
80/99 = 160% repair rate
100% = Destroyed (Require repair drones)

p.s. ya got bored..

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-15 18:04   
Excellent

Email Sens [R33]
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-12-15 21:47   
when can we have it? next 3 years? lol. That works so well I love it!

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-12-16 04:04   
June 2013 on the mayan calendar..

But hey there are a lot of GREAT idea's but there hard to impement, for example i Expect this idea to never happen, or at least not with the current DS development.
Never the less the concept is nice enough to be mentioned, unlike other idea's i have..

Quote:
For example, a ship has several small mobile spheres around itself. a CL is located on a ship and fires it beam at the sphere and the sphere redirects the Beam towards a target. basically becoming a targeting mirror.
This system allows quick redirecting of a beam towards another target, this is excellent for a point defense beam. But should a large heavy CL be forced to point defense it will allow it to easily target and hit multiple targets without damaging the discharge device that is designed to be fired a a single target.
While the sphere might get damaged or destroyed when a heavy CL is using it, it is easily replaced by launching a new one.

.... while reading back on it, i wonder why i labeled it as a bad idea.
Its a great idea, but this is even harder to implement than the damage repair multipliers since it involves graphical representation..
But should just give you a small example how much i Flag as not worth to mention..

Page created in 0.019395 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR