No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Heavy Cruiser..... lacking potential?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Heavy Cruiser..... lacking potential?
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-24 00:35   
Quote:

On 2009-11-21 09:39, Sensitivity wrote:
the missiles are far from useless, they can ammount up to 1/4 the total damage an HC outputs at a distance. If you use two arcs, you can consistently fire 4 missiles and 5 cannons.

said missiles needs to HIT first tho to account for said 1/4 of the total damage, wich i cant say i see mine do a whole lot because of PD.

imo that few missiles isnt going to do much as more or less every ship in the game have more lasers to PD those missiles with then the HC can shoot.

and seriously, if i want missiles i use the missile dessy, cruiser or dread. i dont use the HC for its 4 missiles thats gonna get shot down anyway.

atleast with the other mentioned ships i can be sure atleast SOME go through the PD. unless ofc the enemy have the audacity to move, wich in many cases will result in the missiles not hitting anyway

and as far as i can see its only K'luth that isnt running with PD on, but they on the other hand dont need to most of the time because all they have to do is cloak and *poof* goes the missiles :<

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-24 00:45   
Quote:

On 2009-11-24 00:35, Jar Jar Binks wrote:

said missiles needs to HIT first tho to account for said 1/4 of the total damage, wich i cant say i see mine do a whole lot because of PD.

imo that few missiles isnt going to do much as more or less every ship in the game have more lasers to PD those missiles with then the HC can shoot.

and seriously, if i want missiles i use the missile dessy, cruiser or dread. i dont use the HC for its 4 missiles thats gonna get shot down anyway.

atleast with the other mentioned ships i can be sure atleast SOME go through the PD. unless ofc the enemy have the audacity to move, wich in many cases will result in the missiles not hitting anyway

and as far as i can see its only K'luth that isnt running with PD on, but they on the other hand dont need to most of the time because all they have to do is cloak and *poof* goes the missiles :<

BINGO!

exactly. i would prefer have that 1/4 of damage made done by railguns, not eversouseless missiles.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-24 00:57   
and i just checked this.

the rear and front missile arcs do NOT overlap, so even with the somewhat big rear arc it still wont fire at the same time as any of the front ones...

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-24 09:36   
no they dont, but if you rotate between fore/port or fore/starboard, you will fire every missile, 3 heavies and 2 regular cannons.

Email Sens [R33]
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-25 02:10   
but most ppl arent gonna try that tho. they want as many guns as possible facing the enemy. and turning your rear against them just to get 2 missiles off isnt doing that.

and it also makes it that much easier for the enemy to manouver up behind the player.

unless you suggest that i dont move ofc

wich in itself is like holding up a big sign saying "kill me".

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-25 03:59   
And that is an issue with skill and knowing how to use your ship.

I do the same thing with my Krill in a close in fight.

If I win, I can assure you Ive used every arc of armor by rotating left or right to face the enemy as I put as many weapons on him as I could.

The issue isnt that they cant be used. It's that they dont work the way some think it should.

Also a myth: That the best way to fight is face to face or face to tail. Nothing wrong with broadsides at all. Add it to your list of skills or maybe dont fly the HC.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2009-11-25 05:39   
I'm going to have to agree with AZ. From what i can see the HC is meant to teach you how to start using broad side (which plays a big part in ICC dread combat) Combat Destroyer and down has the majority of their weapons facing forward because they are fast litte ships that can easily turn their fore arcs on their targets.

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-25 06:34   
i never said there was anything wrong with broadsides.

i said that turning your ship around (basically turning your rear at them) just to shoot 2 missiles when you have that much more weapons available on the other arcs just leaves you open for attacks on the rear where you dont have any firepower to speak of. and versus another skilled cruiser pilot thats a position thats pretty hard to get away from.

it might work when you dont have chasing you, but doing anything other then trying to get behind your enemy in a dogfight is a really risky manouver just to fire off 2 missiles because you have to stear away from the enemy, not towards it.

i know i'm far from the best cruiser pilot out there but i know enough not to turn my back on the enemy if i can help it

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-25 08:43   
Quote:

On 2009-11-25 06:34, Jar Jar Binks wrote:
i never said there was anything wrong with broadsides.

i said that turning your ship around (basically turning your rear at them) just to shoot 2 missiles when you have that much more weapons available on the other arcs just leaves you open for attacks on the rear where you dont have any firepower to speak of. and versus another skilled cruiser pilot thats a position thats pretty hard to get away from.

it might work when you dont have chasing you, but doing anything other then trying to get behind your enemy in a dogfight is a really risky manouver just to fire off 2 missiles because you have to stear away from the enemy, not towards it.

i know i'm far from the best cruiser pilot out there but i know enough not to turn my back on the enemy if i can help it

you turn to fire the two cannons that are rear/side. the missile is a bonus

Email Sens [R33]
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-25 09:35   
yeah, I dont think anyone is saying turn your rump to an enemy. Just turn to the side, the arcs should cover.

And yes of course if you are in a close combat situation and moving this does not work. This is for doing stand off attacks, like the HC was meant to do (if I am remembering right....).

I also do this with my Gang when I use one. The trick is to sit almost broadside to them, but where you can put the full front arc on them. Fire your main arc, rotate slightly which should highlight the back arc, and fire those off right after.

It's tricky but it DOES work.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
alpharaus
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2009-11-25 11:30   
Quote:

On 2009-11-21 03:13, iwanii the top gear Gaifen wrote:
Well,

I've flown the HC alot. its my 2nd favourite ship.alot of you on the MV have probaly seen my speed rigged HC.

Well, i do like the ship, and its layout is great.

Exception: 3 missile slots. i find them totaly useless. there are too little to make any significant damage, nevermind any Point Defense.

My point is, can we swap the missiles for a few more torps or rails? it would be much more useful, especialy close up.Or anything, other then a few useless missiles.

i kinda see what you meen
they are abit under powered since i managed to blow one up useing a rather week ship

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.017038 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR