Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » [event idea]
 Author [event idea]
-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-11-18 19:24   
I've been playing around with scripting in lua for a while and just yesterday gave me a really good idea.

Say we have two teams, UGTO team: consisting of however many ppl you deem nesesary to fit for the job, but chose wisely; same for ICC, and kluth.

Now say that two of the three faction teams are placed in an arena: on has a planet, the other dosent.

Now say the team with out the planet can spawn as many times as they like, use as many enhancments as they like, and even chose one person in the crowd to come help if needed.

Now say that the team with the planet: once you die your out, you can build the planet in anywich way you want(we will allow for building time and you can start sooner if deemed nesesary), and you get a little surprise from the script im building...

Now say that the team with out the planet gets orders from an imaginary HQ to take the planet with force using what ever they seem fit(read two paragraphs above).

We can rotate each of the three teams, that would be nine battles in total, each team getting the chance to be the defender of the planet and one being the attacker.

Now lets add in some complications to make it seem more fun:
Each team must pick one person to be a "Commander". You job would be to coordinate the attack/defense in a spectacle ballet of ships and guns and bomb and lazers. But lets ad a cach, you get 2 minutes before the fight starts to say how this is going down, after that all communication is prohibited due to some backstory im adding in like an emp wave or something to make it sound more right than just a stupid rule .

Now pick a target person on the team, he will be given a flag, who ever kills him wins instantly, but the flag also gives him powers such as:
If he is the one to kill the other flag person, their team wins and the other team forefits, if he captures the planet, they win and the other team forfits.
Now the flaged person will have other responsibilities, such as:
If their team wins, the wining team must reach the debrief point WITH the flag person or the lose but get another chance. (Hes becoming a very important person)

That is how you win, see it isnt some all out brawl, or just limited fighting, i will be giving you objectives throughout and dont forget about the surprise, but ofcorse to make it seem fair it wont be revealed untill after the briefing is over.

Disscuss over wether i should take away or add some restrictions so i can add them to the script. But if this happens it wont be for a while because i need some careful planing.

I'm going to try my best to not let this end up like scientia so don't bash me and flame me >.>
[ This Message was edited by: *FA*-Shadowalker-™ on 2009-11-18 19:25 ]

Email -Shadowalker-™
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-18 20:01   
What if the K'Luth "flag"ship Cloaks the entire battle?

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-11-18 20:05   
Quote:

On 2009-11-18 20:01, Bardiche wrote:
What if the K'Luth "flag"ship Cloaks the entire battle?

The simple solution is to put a no cloaking rule out there for the flagships only. But then again, i could ask JBud for a special device like hes using the 2000GU dictor and just put some safezone around the planet inwich he cant cloak. Or some super ECCM that does some wierd sig jumps and stuff to keep is cloak going in and so so ppl can still se em.

I can figure something out.

Email -Shadowalker-™
Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2009-11-19 15:26   
(this is my response with my limited exprience) (lets not make this a pissing match) its a good idea but thare are alot of if's. and it would be very complicated to set up. you will definately need lots of help from higher beings (admins etc)

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

SpaceGK
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-11-21 22:11   
i think that all the event ideas r atlest worth trying out. its something different and gives people more of a reason to play (subscribe) and when they're done right its real fun

Page created in 0.018762 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR