No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » enough is enough
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author enough is enough
Ulven Skyblade
Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2009-11-15 06:11   
atm you are upping the luth again making there chit armour even more effective against human weapons. putting icc and ugto players yet an other step back. they already have the krill wich is basicly a batle station wich can manouvre and fly. wich also has a cloack so it can manouvre to a weak arc. this wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't that there are a lot of luth around wich can fly it. making luth atm a very strong faction. i think that the dev's realy should take a second look because if they keep going down this road they are going to create a major inbalance in the game wich will hunt away players since it will kill the fun.
The more you see, the more you read, the more you hear, the more you know that you know nothing. And that the truth is nothing more then a personal judgment on the world around us by the people around us.

Mr Black
Grand Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-11-15 11:32   
No one uses Chitinous atm. Hopefully this will help.

Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-16 01:18   
I thought that K'luth was more balanced than it ever was. Since its much better now why not focus on another group to get more players there for the K'luth to play against? I don't see Chit ever beating AHR since you can just cloak and repair during battle with AHR, its like having a mini supply ship inside yours at all time.

Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-17 13:31   
I have played Luth for over a month when I cam back...
Ship of choice Krill. = Owns everything.
Chit armour made the luth Strong 75% armour = to standard armour and is used alot.
I say the increase in chit armour should come with a proper decrease in their overall armour.

Just buffing up Chit armour so more players use it is not a good reason to give a beef up.

Ulven Skyblade
Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2009-11-18 09:30   
i would like to point out that at the moment of that i post this. the faction that you are going to buff own 29 out of 34 planets in sagaritus. ugto has been on 3 planets for weeks now icc has been whipped out of sagaritus. pirates and mir are also confined to one planet.
i think that proves my point about you trying to create a massive imbalance in the game if you buff them more all human players will stop having a good time and quit leaving the game in the same sorry abandoned state as it was in 483.

The more you see, the more you read, the more you hear, the more you know that you know nothing. And that the truth is nothing more then a personal judgment on the world around us by the people around us.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-18 18:41   
Chitnous armor would make luth even more vulnerable to assault class ships than they are now, UGTO were taken by ICC, and pirates/mir don't exactly have the smartest capping logic...

Email Sens [R33]
Ulven Skyblade
Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2009-11-19 03:54   
fine ugto where taken by icc and then luth toke the icc planets. in the end there is no difference luth owns everything and at this point human players can't do anything about it. and please explain how giving a ship more armor would make it a weaker ship. i fail to see the logic in that.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-19 10:12   
Because it has to replace AHR. At the moment, AHR is the clear choice; this provides more options for players without changing the overall balance. With Chit, you can last a bit longer in your initial engagement and don't need to constantly be cloaking and uncloaking.. but you can't stick around cloaked and prepare for multiple strikes. It just provides an option.

The point of balancing and developing is to work on the game, not to focus on a specific thing. We were looking at Kluth play style, and while of course noticing that they're doing quite well, it was also remarked that nobody considered chitinous armor, hence the change. It only distracts us from working on other issues for about 5 minutes, since its not hard to boost a gadget strength like that.

Basically: it wasn't a change because we want K'Luth stronger; it was a change because we are working on the entire game at once. This also means we'll tweak other factions, so keep your shorts on.

Email Shigernafy
Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-19 13:07   
Quote:

On 2009-11-19 10:12, ShigerNotHere wrote:
Because it has to replace AHR. At the moment, AHR is the clear choice; this provides more options for players without changing the overall balance. With Chit, you can last a bit longer in your initial engagement and don't need to constantly be cloaking and uncloaking.. but you can't stick around cloaked and prepare for multiple strikes. It just provides an option.

The point of balancing and developing is to work on the game, not to focus on a specific thing. We were looking at Kluth play style, and while of course noticing that they're doing quite well, it was also remarked that nobody considered chitinous armor, hence the change. It only distracts us from working on other issues for about 5 minutes, since its not hard to boost a gadget strength like that.

Basically: it wasn't a change because we want K'Luth stronger; it was a change because we are working on the entire game at once. This also means we'll tweak other factions, so keep your shorts on.

And how is this giving a choice... Dreads have 2 special slots for these...

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-19 21:28   
Quote:

On 2009-11-19 03:54, Timbo*I* wrote:
fine ugto where taken by icc and then luth toke the icc planets. in the end there is no difference luth owns everything and at this point human players can't do anything about it. and please explain how giving a ship more armor would make it a weaker ship. i fail to see the logic in that.

chitnous armor has no reduction for energy weapons; no ahr + massive damage from beams means the luth ship is good for only one or two cloaks.

Email Sens [R33]
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-11-21 10:59   
Quote:

On 2009-11-19 13:07, Fatal Ants *XO* wrote:
And how is this giving a choice... Dreads have 2 special slots for these...

if anything there's more choice

1 slot, 1 choice- ahr or chit

2 slots, 3 choices- 2x ahr, or 1 ahr and 1 chit, or 2x chit

Ulven Skyblade
Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2009-11-21 15:01   
no it means that everybody is going to fly with 1 ahr (you would be crazy not to) and 1 chit. making luth ships even more invincible then they already are.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-22 19:12   
Quote:

On 2009-11-21 10:59, Doran wrote:

But, basically made stock K'luth ships even stronger. As stated above, 0% of the k'luth population run without an AHR.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-23 21:25   
With the update I have noticed no change in the ability to kill Kluth. Remember Chit is the first layer to go. Its still the same squishy armor underneath.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Starcommander -TNCO- on 2009-11-23 22:47 ]

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-12-19 02:57   
Quote:

On 2009-11-22 19:12, Fattierob the Lobby Piercer wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-11-21 10:59, Doran wrote:

But, basically made stock K'luth ships even stronger. As stated above, 0% of the k'luth population run without an AHR.

so your buffing the most powerfull faction. seriously.....

AND, your nerfing icc. what the ...
devs....!

[ This Message was edited by: iwanii *ojama blue* on 2009-12-19 03:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: iwanii *ojama blue* on 2009-12-19 04:11 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023881 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR