No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » DarkSpace Network invite
 Author DarkSpace Network invite
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-13 09:00   
Invitation to all DarkSpace Players

DarkSpace Network (DSN) is now online.
After the last few weeks of heavy discussion with several of the fleet officers, the Fleet Officer’s Meeting, the release of the new MV maps, and the stagnant numbers of players, I took a side project I’d been working on and changed gears with it.
Some of the fleet officers have already hooked in over the last week. Now I think its about rady for a general invite.
DSN is an XFire community. It’s hard to say in a few lines what we hope this site will accomplish. I’ll give you just a short list:

• DSN is intended to be utilized as a means to further the ideas brought about in the Fleet Officer's Meeting i.e. To promote more cooperation between factions and fleets, and to get more combat and fun events in the game to keep everyone interested.
  • DSN is designed with the intention of helping create more fleet activities and increasing more overall combat in the MV.
  • Because of the new sub requirements for fleets, unsubs can use the XFire sites to set up their own fleet forums. This could keep players in the game that would have otherwise left in frustration.
  • Because of membership requirements for fleet forums in DS, smaller fleets have a need for squad forums. XFire can fill that need, which can in turn encourage smaller fleets to persevere.
  • DSN can be used to link all those fleets together, by utilizing the fleet officer's forums, general forums, and the Event Calendar.
  • Faction forums that allow for players to write tutorials for, find information on, or discuss issues within their own factions. This gives could help the player looking for specific information on a specific faction or faction gadget, etc.
  • DSN will be working closely with the Fleet Officers & the DarkSpace Academy to help their members learn the ropes and find a fleet to call home when they leave.
  • DSN will assist players wishing to setup their own XFire squad page.
  • You do not have to download or install XFire to use the website, though you will have to setup an account.
  • If you install and use the XFire system, you will be grouped together with other members of DSN & DS in your friends list.
  • You will be able to track community members and the games they play.
  • Event Calendar integration- used to send updates for events. Alerts members to events that have been scheduled, and reminds them the day of the event, and sends an alert when the event is about to start.
  • Calendar can be updated at any time, so even if something happens all on it's own (I'm told it does happen), we can hop on the DSN site, update the calendar, and it will alert everyone online or that comes online.
  • DSN will have a lobby with voice capabilities. Good for a backup lobby or for players in game who want to co-op.
  • XFire allows for unlimited numbers of chat rooms to be setup, free of charge. Factions or fleets can set up their own chat rooms. Fast and easy, no IPs to deal with, unlimited players, and you can control the bandwidth used by the server.
  • DSN will publish a newsletter (hasn't been decided yet, either monthly or bi-monthly) . The newsletter will be a DSN Members only publication.
  • DSN admins and staff will be made up of all three factions. No one faction should/will dominate it.

These are some of the reasons you should at least check DSN out.

Again: You DO NOT have to download and install XFire to visit DSN but you WILL have to setup an account to enter the site.
I honestly don’t think you will regret doing it.

Having XFire brings in so many other things but I won't begin to list them out. All I can say is it dramatically expands some aspects of the game for you, even though it is not integrated.
The most important is the Events Calendar.
DSN will seek to maximize the potential of this powerful little tool, and only members will get the updates. That’s not being exclusive, it’s just simply the way it works.
The DSN Newsletter will be another thing that should be worth the time it takes to join. We will give frank discussions on development, interviews with staff and player profiles, tech and tactical columns, information on upcoming changes and more. We'll try to offer something for everyone every edition. Member submissions are welcome as well.

Enough of all that.
Now for some links.

Enjoy!

Azreal
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-11-18 17:03 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Chatting in 'DarkSpace English'

Posted: 2009-11-13 09:11   
great initiative az
you have my 2 tumbs up

TheHunter
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-13 09:22   
As he has mine and Don Nukey Get on Xfire

Goto the website of TheHunter
TheHunter
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-14 07:21   
*FREE BUMP*

Goto the website of TheHunter
0stego
Fleet Admiral
United Armed Corps

Posted: 2009-11-14 11:51   
Sounds pretty neat, I'll have to check it out.

but...

"Because of the new sub requirements for fleets, unsubs can use the XFire sites to set up their own fleet forums. This could keep players in the game that would have otherwise left in frustration. "

So even tho you cant make a fleet in DS 'cause your not subed...you can make a forum for it on Xfire?
I personally don't see much point in that.. but sure why not! U.A.C could live again without me figuring out PayPal for a new sub.

Goto the website of 0stego
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-14 12:35   
Quote:

On 2009-11-14 11:51, 0stego wrote:
but sure why not! U.A.C could live again without me figuring out PayPal for a new sub.

not much to figure out really.

you setup an account in paypal, go to the subscribe page in DS and click that, log in on paypal and click pay

Recks Racer
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-14 15:51   
Great idea. I'm hooking up.

If I remember right, there is a way to integrate vent and ts servers to work while running XFire at the same time. Haven't used it in a while. I'll have to look into it.

By the way. Game looks good. I haven't played in a long time, but I like what I see!

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-11-15 12:52   
Great job with DSN. Dsn looking awesome comparing with other`s page .

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-16 06:22   
Quote:

On 2009-11-14 11:51, 0stego wrote:
Sounds pretty neat, I'll have to check it out.

but...

"Because of the new sub requirements for fleets, unsubs can use the XFire sites to set up their own fleet forums. This could keep players in the game that would have otherwise left in frustration. "

So even tho you cant make a fleet in DS 'cause your not subed...you can make a forum for it on Xfire?
I personally don't see much point in that.. but sure why not!

Look at QS. They aren't "officially" a fleet. They have a good few members tho. Many of the new people coming in would like to join fleets, but in a way, because of the F2P being capped at 1st rear, some players may take a few months and not really NEED to sub. But in the eantime they cant join a fleet, because to join is sub only. To start one is sub only. Which is fine, DS has their reasons, some of which I know, and I have no problem with that.
But why not try to accomodate that new player in another way?
The same goes for the small fleet that hasn't gotten a forum. The forum requirements now are a minimum of 15 players. Sometimes that can be hard to do, even right now for the same reason as I stated before. They can use the XFire site to set up their own forum.
Another reason is that it could help keep a player looking back at DS even if he moves on to play other games, if they use XFire. They get grouped into communities in a particular way.

At this time, 3 days after launch DSN has 39 members. I do believe every active fleet has an officer who has joined now. The site is currently being admined by Krim, Ants and myself, so there is a balance of representation. The newsletter staff is being put together tho we still could use a few interested volunteers. We hope that will be out soon, but there isn't a 1st edition release date yet.
Thanks to the community for its support. If you haven't stopped by, try to do so.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-11-16 09:33   
Noticed you where asking for specific reporters to help DSN with bi-monthly or monthly columns.

I am not the kind person to write each period stuff about the game. (especially when there is no change) But if you allow columns from external writers, i don't mind to write for DSN specific when i get another writers-rush.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-16 11:59   
Well, I do understand that point for sure. I was thinking maybe we could mesh the tech and tactical columnists together because of just that.
Your right that there is no point writing for the sake of writing.

We do have a forum to post for member/reader contributions, but then it's a matter of either space or possible redundancy. If two people write a similar column, the best one would be used. If its a really long piece, it would either have to be split between two editions or have to be edited. There are limitations from that avenue, though of course we want contributions. We want more than anything for people to participate any way they can & want to.

The other thing is we still haven't decided on what kind of edition, monthly or bi-monthly. I think if it was monthly it would allow a lot of time to put together, and would help avoid what you point out. The downside is that sometimes changes happen really quick, and a piece you work on 3 weeks before release can be no good 1 day before release unexpectedly.

Once we get a few more key staff members for the news dept, we'll have a meeting and hammer it out.

Most likely we'll start out with a monthly edition and see what the response is. That is what I am thinking at this time. I think the response will be good. We have some really cool things in the works.

You would certainly fit the position of either or both if you are interested. Let me know, we can probably work something out. We're still working on the whole scheme so it's pretty open for opinions....

and personally I like a lot of input

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-11-29 21:27   
bump

Email -Shadowalker-™
Page created in 0.019270 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR