No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Command Ships
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Command Ships
Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2009-11-05 12:28   
So I've noticed that i never see command ships anymore (Command Carrier, Command Dread, Brood) and I'm assuming its because they are mostly glorified engies that are just easier to hunt/kill. I was wondering if there was anything in the works at all to make them more powerful, as the technically count as super dreads from what i understand... maybe ramp up the requirements for them first, before beefing them up? The only reason i want to see them come back into play is because i think it would be pretty cool for a fleet of ships to have it's flagship actually BE a command ship. Thoughts?

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-05 12:49   
I love my Command Carrior, other then a bomber dread its the next best thing to bomb with. I do wish it had at least 1 more build drone on it because it dose take a while to build a planet from what you bombed. The SCB needs more drones then a CC by far! I mean really, its a Sector Command Base, practilly a floating planet but only has 1 build drone?

Maybe something new for these things like a heavy build drone (or whatever to name it) to keep gadget count down. So the CC should have 2 build drones so its just under an engiee, but the SCB should have 4 or more so it can build several platforms or whatever at once.

Those ships are like a bomber/engiee hybrid and its great but there building needs a little boost.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Thugomatic
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-05 14:20   
Yes my colony now is a waste of time too fly, ive almost scrapped it like 8 times now but all those def enhancies keep yelling at me not to do so. Only fun thing ive done with it lately is make fighter shows while repping.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-05 15:01   
I would like command ships to be able to issue orders to AI. I don't see any other use for them at all.

When's the last time you saw a Brood?

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-05 15:08   
I think Command Ships perform admirably when you let them use WH Drives to transport the entire fleet (and allow them to immediately jump).

Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-05 15:55   
Quote:

On 2009-11-05 15:08, Shabranigdu wrote:
I think Command Ships perform admirably when you let them use WH Drives to transport the entire fleet (and allow them to immediately jump).

a station can do that just as well..

i agree tho, the command dreads needs to be what they are called

what that actually is tho i dont have a clue

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-11-05 16:26   
Wormholes with the Command Dread is the single most fun thing to do with it atm.

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-11-05 16:38   
There have been ideas in the past for a command screen like the navigation screen (f2) for only the command dreads in order to issue orders to your fleet. But those have long been side lined...

Though I wouldn't mind boosting the power of them a little and them limiting them to only fleet admins (and impose a limit on the number of people allowed to be fleet admin in a fleet to maybe 3 at most). Make the admins actually command their fleets...

Email Tael
Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-05 16:59   
Quote:

On 2009-11-05 16:38, Tael wrote:

Though I wouldn't mind boosting the power of them a little and them limiting them to only fleet admins (and impose a limit on the number of people allowed to be fleet admin in a fleet to maybe 3 at most). Make the admins actually command their fleets...

That would be a cool idea BUT they would need to be vary powerful and hard to bring down. Not only able to deal mass damage but take it as well. Where it would take another fleet to take it down or just sheer numbers. However I am talking about the Station variants, the dreads could be used by anyone. Bump the dreads power up and make it FA rather then Admiral. The rank boost wouldn't be necessary but there power dose need boosted for sure.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-05 20:35   
Quote:

and possibley limit it to the top three fleets in weekly prestige gain per faction?

SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-22 20:16   
*bump*
How about adding the interdictor to the command style dreads?

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-11-22 20:23   
Quote:

On 2009-11-22 20:16, SPaRTaN Z (Star Fox) wrote:
*bump*
How about adding the interdictor to the command style dreads?

was done with the ganglia. not ever gonna happen again ever.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-22 20:32   
what was the problem with it? gangalia is an attacking dread tho.. command dreads are for commanding.. and without a dictor anything can jump u. no good commanding if ur constantly running

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-22 20:34   
Is somebody pushing the Brood as some type of command ship? Really?
I assumed after they beat the ganglia to death with a nerf bat, K'Luth just don't get one anymore.

What about the Brood makes it a command ship? Is it the build mod? Pfft. Get real.
Is it the couple of fighter bays? Don't make me go there.
Oh, maybe it's the bombs.
Except no half ass intelligent K'Luth is going to use a DREAD to bomb a planet with, when it takes so long to cloak it and it is so hard to cover in ecm, and it steers like a shoebox.

No, there is no command ship for K'Luth atm, and hasn't been since the Ganglia was made into a pathetic version of a Human missle dread. And I hear even that is getting whacked again with the nerf bat.

I can live with not having a command ship. However, I refuse to be told the Brood is one. Lie to somebody more gullible.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
SPaRTaN Z
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-22 20:43   
what was the problem with it? gangalia is an attacking dread tho.. command dreads are for commanding.. and without a dictor anything can jump u. no good commanding if ur constantly running

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019812 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR