No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +5.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Game-stopper: Can not get ANY ships when SY under blockade.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Game-stopper: Can not get ANY ships when SY under blockade.
Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2009-11-04 14:06   
i dont think the game used (unless it was recently changed) any blockade code to count defense + planetary morale/techlevel w/e+ defenders around planet vs incoming ship ...

atm scout or frigate passing by planet thru 'range' will trigger blockade even while there is heavy cruiser sitting in orbit ...

same with the blockade of planet caused by 1 ship (let say cruiser or dread) while there is dozen other 'defenders' around ...

it would be nice if the code logic is improved on this one ...

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-11-04 18:53   
I can take a look at the logic and try and improve it if you'd prefer that?

Views on scouts causing blockades? Frigates? Where does the limit start?

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-11-05 01:24   
destroyers should blockade, not lower imo

ZeroCool[No Lame No Fame]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-05 02:38   
i just have to say that i love how they made it so you can't use SY when the planet is under blockade, no more whinning about people abusing SY.

Now, the thing is that even if scouts and frigates can cause blockade, it shouldn't bother you too much, since that frigate or scout, has to stay within range for a while, to actually cause the blockade, so by killing it, you save the planet from blockade.

Email ZeroCool[No Lame No Fame]
tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-05 08:00   
i agree scouts shouldn't be able to blockade at all maybe frigates is theres more than 1

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-05 09:13   
Quote:

On 2009-11-05 02:38, ZeroCool[No Lame No Fame] wrote:
i just have to say that i love how they made it so you can't use SY when the planet is under blockade, no more whinning about people abusing SY.

Now, the thing is that even if scouts and frigates can cause blockade, it shouldn't bother you too much, since that frigate or scout, has to stay within range for a while, to actually cause the blockade, so by killing it, you save the planet from blockade.

Problem is even full blast from most kluth dreads will not kill a scout like it should on the first blast.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-05 10:26   
Dessys+ should cause blockaid because they are just big enough to disrupt the invisible supply ships to the planet. AI should never cause blockaid it's just retarded that they do. When the ship leaves the "range" of blockaid (its like 1500gu or something like that) that blockaid ends.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-05 11:54   
Quote:

On 2009-11-04 18:53, BackSlash wrote:
I can take a look at the logic and try and improve it if you'd prefer that?

Views on scouts causing blockades? Frigates? Where does the limit start?

Frigates and up can cause blockades. AI cannot unless it's a dread.

Use the n*2 rule

ie: 1 destroyer is worth 2 frigates, 1 cruiser is worth 2 destroyers, etc.

So if their is, say, two allied cruisers in "orbit" of a shipyard planet and the enemy has a cruiser and 2 destroyers in "orbit", the planet is not blockaded. However, if an enemy ship of a frigate or above jumps in to assist, the planet is blockaded.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-05 18:44   
Can anyone confirm being unable to exit the gate when a planet is blockaded?

re8, can you give more information about the situation(s) in which this occured?

SirWhiteMuffin
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-06 05:29   
I think I know his problem.

He clicked on the gate first, then clicked on his ship that was docked at the SY. When that happens, the game (god I love t his) snaps the spawn location back to the docked planet (in this case, it's under a blockade).

So our friend here keeps trying to spawn at the gate but couldn't cause the game keeps insisting he spawn at a blocked planet.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-11-06 06:13   
you guys keep going on about ship class but i will just want to add another requirement.

When a (destroyer or above i would say)> is in orbit for (30 seconds i would say)>, then the planet IS under blockade. Regardless of what other blockade calculation you might have.
I mean who in there right mind would launch a ship from a planet that has enemy vessels in orbit.

p.s. transports & engineers are classified between Frigate and destroyer. so if using destroyer or above, then they can't blockade a planet.

AmbasadorThron (Bringer of Hope)
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-06 15:39   
in any condition you can spawn any ship in your garage from any available sy or gate in any server by selecting the ship you want first, then click the gate or sy planet once and then click select and your ship will spawn....
the garage will still show the ship name in red but it will spawn the ship out....

you are not required to take ships out of 1 place... it only locks in the last place you docked the ship so that when you select the same ship it will come out of the same place....
In SAG (for exame) before this feature was included, sometimes you would dock your ship and then when you wanted to bring it out again it would come out from a gate in another system that you didnt really want to come out from... then sometimes players would have to log off wait 2 min then come back just cause it was faster..... with stations for example but the new feature is better. you just need to follow the instructions at the top and all your ships will be available from anywhere you have access to spawn.

as far as the blockade..... i feel that the only ships that should be able to blockade a planet should be bomber class scouts, frigates, destroyers or cruisers.
Dreads like the brood, command dread, bomber dread, missle dread, stations, and transports also.

most other ships do not pose any threat to a planet since they can not do any damage to the planet and should not be able to blockade it.

players and Ai should not be able to blockade a planet with just any ship.
it should be a ship that poses a threat to the planet in order to promt a blockade.

its more realistic, and if a fleet wants to blockade a planet they will have to bring a ship along that will pose a threat to the planet.

just my honest opinion

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-11-06 15:45   
i agree with thron about the blockade issue
and i showed him how to select spawn point first then click on desired ship once then spawn ship
it does work ...give it a try

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
FanTabuLous Retribution*XO2*
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-12 19:49   
i think AI should be able to blockade just not in the scouts and transports it suicides into planetary defences. honestly though an AI dreadnaught should be able to blockade though

and Eledore. I in my right mind would be more than happy to launch a dread from a planet if its being orbited by a frigate or two.
[ This Message was edited by: FaTaL Retribution on 2009-11-12 20:28 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.026681 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR