Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » For the noobs
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author For the noobs
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2009-11-02 19:19   
I decided to make this forum so noobs can come here and ask questions. If your new to dark space and are having trouble with something... just post your questions here and i will try my best to answer it...tho my knowlege is limited to ICC.. i bet the Vets will jump in here and help out too.

So if you have questions about ships weapons parts, combat, bombing, planet capping, ship capping, survival, what ever just ask here.

I will try my best to help you

Huffywuffy, Mr. Builder
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-11-03 05:40   
Question: Where did I put the keys for my Assault Dread?

[ This Message was edited by: Huffywuffy the Pirate Gaifen on 2009-11-03 05:40 ]

tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-03 08:12   
check your back pocket i always leave mine there and waste hours of my crews time (don't tell them i always tell them i found it in a vent or something)

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-11-03 09:37   
About time you guys made an forum for the ugies and icc

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-11-03 10:22   
Uh, this has been here for many, many years...

Fatal Forever
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-04 16:24   
Quote:

On 2009-11-03 10:22, BackSlash wrote:

OMG.. even Backslash Jack is a freakin GA now... wtf i've been gone way too long to let this happen.

Email Fatal Forever
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-11-04 16:32   
Quote:

On 2009-11-04 16:24, Fatal Forever wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-11-03 10:22, BackSlash wrote:

OMG.. even Backslash Jack is a freakin GA now... wtf i've been gone way too long to let this happen.

I've been GA for about 3 years...

tucker32
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-05 08:06   
it just shows how long he's been gone lol

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2009-11-17 00:26   
OK im till open for Qs regarding tatics for icc noob players.

Ulven Skyblade
Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2009-11-17 05:28   
try this one darkspace academy been working on it for a litle while now. give it a look.
The more you see, the more you read, the more you hear, the more you know that you know nothing. And that the truth is nothing more then a personal judgment on the world around us by the people around us.

U F O
1st Lieutenant

Posted: 2010-05-04 19:10   
Noob here....just got this game and Ive been trying read and be informed, but Im a total idiot, so I need some help.

What is a psi drive?

how do i mine?

what planets do I mine? the ones that belong to my faction, or the enemies faction?

How do i repair other ppls ships?

How do I get credits?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I got tired of going to non working links and videos that wernt made with the noob in mind. I spent a lot of time last night in the beginner zone. I felt like I was the only one there, but I had a lot of fun. If anyone can answer these questions that would be helpful!!!

Someone needs to make a simple, spoon feed the beginner, video tutorial for this game.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-04 19:16   
Quote:

On 2010-05-04 19:10, rahk wrote:

What is a psi drive?
It's the default drive on all K'luth ships. It's similar to the IE drive on human ships.

how do i mine?
If you want to mine for resources so you can build on a planet, or spawn a (bigger) ship, then all you need to do is grab a ship with an extractor beam equiped (engineer and extractors have them as their default loadout). Then you face the planet, select said planet, and hit the beam hotkey! Congrats, you're mining - don't forget to unload your mined resources onto the planet!

what planets do I mine? the ones that belong to my faction, or the enemies faction?
All planets are minable for resources. Mining doesn't give you any prestige though.

How do i repair other ppls ships?
You need a ship with a repair bay equiped. You can find these on the supply frigates, supplies, and stations. The hotkey for the supply bay is Y, so if you see a gadget with a Y on it, congratulations, you're in a ship that can repair others! All you need to do is target the person you want to repair or re-arm, and hit the hotkey. Try and stay in range though, it only works up to 250gu!

How do I get credits?
Credits can be obtained by purchasing them via the Online Store found on the left of the website below the Development Log. You can get 5000 credits for just $5. The more you spend, the more you gain!

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I got tired of going to non working links and videos that wernt made with the noob in mind. I spent a lot of time last night in the beginner zone. I felt like I was the only one there, but I had a lot of fun. If anyone can answer these questions that would be helpful!!!

Someone needs to make a simple, spoon feed the beginner, video tutorial for this game.

U F O
1st Lieutenant

Posted: 2010-05-04 20:01   
ok...

why would i activate psi drives?

what are auxiliary drives? and why would i activate it?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2010-05-04 20:10   
Quote:

On 2010-05-04 20:01, rahk wrote:
ok...

Your drives are on all the time, you wouldn't want to turn them off (except to remove excessive signature). If you turn off your drives you effectively shut down your ability to generate all energy and control your speed.

Aux generators are the same. They are always on. The only reason you would want to turn them off is to reduce your signature below the 0.0 threshold. Turning off an aux generator will reduce your energy and energy output.

wizlawz
Ensign

Posted: 2010-05-04 20:49   
Quote:

On 2010-05-04 20:10, BackSlash wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-05-04 20:01, rahk wrote:
ok...

Your drives are on all the time, you wouldn't want to turn them off (except to remove excessive signature). If you turn off your drives you effectively shut down your ability to generate all energy and control your speed.

Aux generators are the same. They are always on. The only reason you would want to turn them off is to reduce your signature below the 0.0 threshold. Turning off an aux generator will reduce your energy and energy output.

i notice if i turn them "on" and use weps and jump drive they take forever to recharge (ICC anyway) if i turn them "off" they recharge much faster;..unless of course i am suffering Pandorum

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022953 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR