No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Cargo Bug/Desync
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Cargo Bug/Desync
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-31 20:25   
Can the Cargo Bug/Desync or whatever you want to call it be fixed or worked around.

I like to build platforms but it seems after I get one built I get hit by the bug and I can't load anymore then 3K in resources no matter what I do.

Since the bug seems to show up at 3K can the max required for a weapons platform be reduced to that level.

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-06 19:47   
bump,

I plan to keep this in the latest topics.

Kestalkayden
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-06 20:48   
Not sure if it would help much. That cargo bug has been around for a while, that and the mining one where you can get more than your full load of resources. or how sometimes enhancements disappear when selecting them from your SY and spawning, etc. -_-. There is also an audit bug with certain ships where armor (and shields, if ICC) get damaged equally (in my case to 29% - imagine a swarm of supply ships and that specific ship repeating the process?) for making a simple cargo change. There are a lot of bugs.

[ This Message was edited by: Kefka Palazzo on 2009-12-06 11:43 ]

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-07 06:02   
True there are lots of bugs but i think this one could be worked around quite easy by just dropping the max resources needed for a weapons platform to 3K. 3K seems to be where the bug kicks in each time I get it which is almost anytime I try building.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-11-08 10:34   
i once had an engineer where i mined to 4k cargo to build a weapons platform, and then magically every time i built something another set of full res would pop into my cargo. this went on for a solid few minutes, i built like 5 platforms in scenario from mining for 1.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-08 10:48   
That's because it doesn't stop mining once your cargo is full. Mining beams should stop once you're full, but nope they keep going and going and going.

It's only after you reach that point that you start getting the cargo bug too.

One thing I noticed is that you don't always have the amount of resources it shows you have in cargo. If you've mined to full cargo and beyond, unloaded those resources, then see that another 1000 + 1000 pop up in your cargo, you might not actually have 2000. If you unload it, the messages might show Unloading 1000 resources on Earth, Unloading 738 resources on Earth when it said you had 2000.

Starcommander
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-08 14:37   
its a small desync that causes it to make you cargo say its got 2k but really you actually have 1k + something. A good rule of thumb when building plats and the bug shows up is just mine MORE then what the platform requires. Mostly this bug shows itself to be part of the Client/Server communication being nowhere it should be. A lot of bugs would be fixed if they could fix the client/server issues.

WH 40k armies, Grey Knights, Dark Angles, Imperial Guard (Vostroyan First Born) and Orks.

There is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder.

Email Starcommander
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-08 14:44   
Quote:

On 2009-11-08 14:37, Fatal Starcommander -TNCO- wrote:
its a small desync that causes it to make you cargo say its got 2k but really you actually have 1k + something. A good rule of thumb when building plats and the bug shows up is just mine MORE then what the platform requires. Mostly this bug shows itself to be part of the Client/Server communication being nowhere it should be. A lot of bugs would be fixed if they could fix the client/server issues.

Problem is you can mine all you want but it never shows up in your cargo so you can't build anything. Thats the problem.

Kestalkayden
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-08 18:19   
I've seen both sides of this bug.

One where you can extract more than your cargo for over an hour and just build to your hearts content (mind you, this was a while ago, so I do not know if this was fixed)

and on the other hand I have personally experienced not being able to mine because my cargo thinks it has cargo, but it does not. Even on a new ship. I cannot continue to mine or anything after I get 1k res.

So with that said, I think it may be more than a simple desync.

Desync or not, I have also lost enhancements after selecting them from my SY cargo and spawning. They were nowhere to be found.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-08 18:48   
Well even if it's not showing up in your cargo you still have it. Go to the gate or into a sy and it will appear.

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-11-08 19:03   
Quote:

On 2009-11-08 18:48, MrSparkle wrote:
Well even if it's not showing up in your cargo you still have it. Go to the gate or into a sy and it will appear.

Yeah um NO. It would be stupid to have to run to the gate every 5 mins just to get resources to show up.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-11-08 21:37   
yes, i realized it doesnt stop, but i also know i didnt mine that many resources because i started building very soon after id supposedly filled up. i had resources appearing that shouldnt have been there.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-08 23:06   
Quote:

On 2009-11-08 19:03, --Daedalus-- wrote:
Quote:

Yeah um NO. It would be stupid to have to run to the gate every 5 mins just to get resources to show up.

Never said that was the solution, just said that you do actually have those resources, that you're still mining even if it's not appearing.

I've wound up with over 10k of resources in my garage in scenario because of this.

Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2009-11-08 23:53   
Quote:

On 2009-11-08 23:06, MrSparkle wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-11-08 19:03, --Daedalus-- wrote:
Quote:

Never said that was the solution, just said that you do actually have those resources, that you're still mining even if it's not appearing.

I've wound up with over 10k of resources in my garage in scenario because of this.

a slightly less tedious way to take care of this, is to quick log. as soon as i notice the bug i just log out and back in and i have the proper amout of resources....

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-09 12:24   
That's ok IF you don't have a ship in your garage you want to keep, like if you gave it some enhancements or it's the beginning of the map. You lose everything in your garage when you quick log, in scenario.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.050127 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR