No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +9.8 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » Update on the Fleet Officer's Meeting, with chatlogs link
 Author Update on the Fleet Officer's Meeting, with chatlogs link
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-31 20:20   
I’d like to thank those who attended, both staff, and fleet officers.
I'd like the players to see that we had devs, mods, and even an admin (maybe 2? who ever knows? lol). There were alot of officers there.
So obviously, we all care about the game.

As you will see, it was semi successful in a few ways. Not so in others. It is only a start, and I am going to follow up in a few days, maybe a week with a better refined plan of attack, based on what we discussed.

Several things are clear from the discussion that I'd like to point out:

• When it comes to ICC, we all seem to be split into two camps. One says, there is nothing wrong, it is psychological. The other says no they have some issues and need a real hard look.

Basically in the end it came to a stand off, but I would expect to see more veterans at least passing through ICC. That was the only point we all seemed unanimous on. As you will read, some of our vets need to put up their skills and show the basic way that ICC SHOULD be fought.
    But that, at least, is my own opinion.

• On the issues of dictors and alliances over systems, I'd say we were split, but some heavier on the idea of no alliances for systems. There is a valid reason, but again, its up to the vets to put up or shut up here.
    The reason being that if you want a planet you take a planet. That is a part of the game.

These, however, are only meant as short term fixes, in order to get the overall player base to get up to skill where they know that. I point out the discussion on dictors and my and Crim's comments on that part in particular. We see a dictor, we head straight at it. Most nowadays run away. It's a different skill level now.
    Its up to the vets to teach those players though. So here's where I challenge those vets to get involved.

• When it cam e to AI and PvE, we all generally hate it. At least in it's current role. We seemed unanimous on the idea of at minimum reworking how ai are.
    (And just like that the patch goes through and the AI is changed. So ultimately, we need to see how the new maps and ai scaling work before further comments.)

• We all want to see more PvP. More combat.
  • More planned events.
  • Combat in the other servers.
  • The idea was looked at for a fleet wars server.
  • We look at how to help the new players get a better shot in mv by not chewing them up in dreads.
  • Also how to help lower ranked players to get them up to skill.

I think it was ok overall. It was the first one.
It would be nice if we could use it to give feedback to staff about needed changes.

One other thing, not surprisingly, was the overwhelming feeling that fleets need to be more important. The game is fleet based. Maybe its time for there to be more bones thrown for fleeted players, such as the laddered idea. Just a thought. We have to, in some way, restore the need to be a part of a fleet. The game balance depends upon it.

For the sake of all the argument from earlier, I did not edit the log. I think it vindicates our being limited in attendance. It woulda been no different then the lobby.

Look for follow up post on this soon. We'll work on refining things down to WHAT we are going to do. We have a semi direction, so we have a way to go. But I think this could lead to something good.

I'll stop writing now, because the chat log is long.

Click here for full unedited logs

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-10-31 20:20 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-11-01 10:14   
Yer cutting the chatlogs a little short there Az, conversation went on when you left and that last question Was answered.
we even asked, and got 7 people who where willing to participate next time.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-11-01 10:30   
Thats where mine ended post the rest.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-11-03 06:40   
I got the File in.
So here is the rest.
Link.

[ This Message was edited by: Eledore Massis [R33] on 2009-11-03 06:43 ]

Page created in 0.008800 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR