No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +14.9 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Staff Announcements » » Proper Use of the Report Command.
 Author Proper Use of the Report Command.
Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2009-10-31 04:18   
/report and you

This thread is to clarify report usage, where to use it, how to use it, and how best to use it.

Firstly, let's go over the basics...

What is /report?
Report is a command used with-in GCQL or DarkSpace. It allows you to report a player or group of players breaking the rules within the GameCQ Lobby, or DarkSpace game world.

How do I send a report?
You can send a report by typing /report, followed by the player name or user id (preferably both), with a brief but descriptive message detailing what is going on, where and on what faction.
* Usage: /report [playername|@id] [message]

What happens once I send one?
Once a report is received by the metaserver, it is echo'd to all online moderators and administrators. It is also listed on the open reports list on the website which staff check when they login.

How will I know my report is being dealt with?
In most cases, any moderators or administrators online will reply back thanking you for the report, and asking for any additional information if it is required. Sometimes you will receive no reply, this can either be due to the fact that no administrators or moderators are currently online, or that there is no need for additional contact. Rest assured, all reports are seen to. Just because you don't see any action immediately, or get no reply, does not mean we are not dealing with it.

After you have sent a report, do not use the report command again to continue talking to a staff member if they contact you. Use the /send command.

How do I make sure my report has all the information required?
There is no such thing as not enough information. We want all the information you can give, even outside of the report itself. Nothing is useless, and we thank you for your time spent in writing detailed reports. Remember: Name, ID, Faction, brief description of issue, and where.

I just got told off for using the report tool, why?
The report tool is only to be used for matters regarding extreme importance, or when players break the rules. Any other uses, such as asking to speak to an administrator, or asking if anyone is there, will result in you being told to stop. Further abuse of the report tool will result in punitive measures. Abuse of the report tool will not be tolerated.

Examples of bad reports:
“Hello”
“Anyone there?”
“Any admin on?”
“I need help”
“I'm lagging”
“Do I go for nachos or pizza?”

Examples of good reports:
“Foo is attacking team mates in the scenario server as UGTO and won't stop. I have screenshots.”
“Sag Hottha in Sirius looks like it was sabotaged within the last hour.”
“Foo @1 and Bar @2 on ICC are swearing in Lacerta and won't stop.”
“Dave_has_a_long_name @535353 keeps spamming and swearing in the DarkSpace English room of the lobby. I have logs.”

The do's and dont's.
DONT...

• ...use report to call for an administrator or moderator.
  • ...chat with a staff member over /report once you've gotten a response.
  • ...make non-specific requests (ie. "help!", "we have a problem in here", etc.).
  • ...place orders for your local Chinese eatery or pizza place.
  • ...constantly make the same report over and over and over and over again.

DO...

• ... include useful information for a quick response (name, id, faction, brief description on why you're reporting).
  • ...be ready and able to provide screenshots/chatlogs when asked.
  • ...be patient – we'll get to your report when we can.

Remember, good reports help us deal with problems quicker. Bad reports only aid the people breaking the rules.

Email Tael
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-12-18 13:45   
come on folks, a proper /report isnt this hard. a little effort here goes a long way, better quality reports means the staff can respond to your report faster.
if someone's doing something they shouldnt, do you really want the staff to waste time having to figure out which server and faction that player is on?

Page created in 0.005987 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR