Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » To Fleet Officers of all factions....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author To Fleet Officers of all factions....
ZeroCool[No Lame No Fame]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-29 07:39   
You realise that 80% of the player database is free, thus not having a fleet

Email ZeroCool[No Lame No Fame]
LAG
Marshal
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2009-10-29 08:43   
There is one HUGE consideration missing here:

If the staff:
1) Is not invited to participate (preferrably just to listen and hush)
2) Decides to not commit to anything...

...what does it matter? Without a committment of any kind from the staff, does it really matter? It's like beating your head against a rubber chicken. In light of that, I'd recommend that members of the staff are present just to observe/listen and hush. Having staff defend perspectives should be avoided so the players can air their views and not be interrupted by a staff member trying to defend an opinion or quote RoC stuff.

Good Luck.

Hell Bender
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2009-10-29 11:32   

[ This Message was edited by: Hell Bender on 2009-10-29 12:01 ]

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Email Hell Bender
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-29 11:50   
LAG, I don't think you get the point of what Azreal is saying.

The staff cannot fix EVERY problem in the game. Things like lack of combat - this is the stuff Azreal wants to talk about and try to fix.

You are the players, and to an extent, you're meant to do things for yourselves. If you want combat, GENERATE it - we cannot magically make you all fight one another in a 12 hour long battle. That's up to you.

I have a feeling these are the things Azreal wants to talk about. If he wants to change the way the game is heading (stagnant, no combat), then as a player he has all the tools available to do that. What he needs is other players to join in, and that's what he's doing here.

This is not a case of "Hey everyone lets change the game cos the dev's don't know how!", it's a case of "Hey everyone lets make some fun, because as players we can!".

Ofcourse, as staff, we will try to help in anyway possible! If you guys pick a particular planet to fight around, we can set a script to announce a blood bath @ insert_planet_here every 30 minutes.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2009-10-29 12:05 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-29 12:13   
Backy is absolutely right.
This isn't about changing the game cause the devs can't. They have given us tools. They are working their volutary tails off to make the game work. We must decide how to use those tools and in a way that makes the game fun for everyone.
Will there be more game tweaks? Of course.
This is about HOW WE PLAY, and WHAT WE DO, not about what the game is giving us atm.

Now, to address your concerns of a staff presence, I was going to request a mod's attendance for the sake of peace, and for the appearance of transparency that some think we should have. I just need to finalize a time, so that we have an idea who might be available to sit in with us.

The meeting isn't a secret. I could have done this through PMs if that was my/our goal. There are no nefarious reasons for the meeting. Its merely to get the fleets to operate for the better of the gameplay for ALL.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-10-29 12:31 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-29 17:33   
Quote:

On 2009-10-29 11:50, BackSlash wrote:
LAG, I don't think you get the point of what Azreal is saying.

The staff cannot fix EVERY problem in the game. Things like lack of combat - this is the stuff Azreal wants to talk about and try to fix.

You are the players, and to an extent, you're meant to do things for yourselves. If you want combat, GENERATE it - we cannot magically make you all fight one another in a 12 hour long battle. That's up to you.

I have a feeling these are the things Azreal wants to talk about. If he wants to change the way the game is heading (stagnant, no combat), then as a player he has all the tools available to do that. What he needs is other players to join in, and that's what he's doing here.

This is not a case of "Hey everyone lets change the game cos the dev's don't know how!", it's a case of "Hey everyone lets make some fun, because as players we can!".

Ofcourse, as staff, we will try to help in anyway possible! If you guys pick a particular planet to fight around, we can set a script to announce a blood bath @ insert_planet_here every 30 minutes.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2009-10-29 12:05 ]

But what makes the small amount of people in fleets better and more suited to change the heading of the game. Non-Fleet outnumbers fleet players and your "heading" will not work without non-fleet support.

Once again i voice my objection to this entire thing

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-29 18:03   
Still not getting it...

It's EASIER for Azreal and co to organise with just a few people. I'm sure Az will reveal the details at a later date.

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-29 18:31   
Quote:

On 2009-10-29 18:03, BackSlash wrote:
Still not getting it...

It's EASIER for Azreal and co to organise with just a few people. I'm sure Az will reveal the details at a later date.

Jack I get it. he wants to have his own little club where he can feel like he is in charge of something. What I am saying and what you don't seem to get is that it is UNFAIR to the majority of the players in this game. It's bad enough fleets run around and think they are kings of the game but allowing this to go on just makes it worse.

SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-10-29 18:39   
ok first of all as i USED to be the VCA commander, stevey could u post in the clan forum of what went down during the meeting as ill be at a big paintball game on the day

oh and backslash i think lags point is that if a member of staff is there, that person can make sure no one gets out of hand and starts an arguement plus that person can LISTEN to whats being said and think it to be a really good idea then may beable to transfer that info to faust to consider for the future

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-29 18:50   
This is not about what the game should be, or is about though. This is about making the most of the tools we've given you within the game to make stuff happen.

This is about the players generating their own content (battles). Not about the staff changing the game so the players can do so (because they already can).

Azreal wants to make stuff happen, and no matter how much we the developers try, we cannot force you to make stuff happen. It is your choice, and your choice only. Azreal is trying to kick-start things into happening, and to get more action out of the game.

I'll try to be there to listen in, and such. Mostly because I want to have some fun also - you forget the staff are players too (we don't get paid for this). If there's things we can do to make the application of fun easier, or quicker, then we'll do that, such as the example I already gave about the script to alert players to goings on. We want to have fun too!

They key point of this is that I'm sure it's NOT just for fleeted players. What Azreal is posting here is (I think) a little announcement so that all of them can get together to organise a little three-way-action. It's just so that the organisation of something can be achieved much easier. Once all the details are fleshed out I'm sure Azreal wants as many players as possible to join in - after all, he wants to enjoy himself as much as the next person.

If you read through carefully, all this is, is a meeting organisation. Azreal has said no-where that non-fleeted personel can't join, or that only players in a fleet can play.

Since this is Azreal's thing it's his choice who he invites. If you want to your own thing, then do that instead. I expect players to respect the fact that Azreal, or any player for that matter, is free to do whatever he likes within the rules (and this is).

Of course you're free (and I'm sure welcome in Azreal's eyes) to post feedback and views you have, but make it constructive, and don't be childish by posting silly remarks.

Since this has gone slightly off topic, I'd like to ask future posters to stick to the topic at hand, to be constructive in their replies, and to read other players replies carefully.

- Jack
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2009-10-29 18:57 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-29 18:57   
omg if that is the impression....

No no no. I am not trying to organize FLEET ONLY ACTIVITIES. Not in any way at all.

This is about the fleets giving something up to the game to expand everyone's experiences.
Anything that comes out will be for everyone.

If that is the hangup, please understand that that is our intention.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
LAG
Marshal
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2009-10-29 19:11   
Did anyone notice the defensive approach Jack took? As I posted previously, staff will typically take a defensive approach, which is why it would be benificial to have staff involved, but with a hush-order.

Hell Bender
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2009-10-29 19:14   
Quote:

On 2009-10-29 18:31, --Daedalus-- wrote:

Jack I get it. he wants to have his own little club where he can feel like he is in charge of something. What I am saying and what you don't seem to get is that it is UNFAIR to the majority of the players in this game. It's bad enough fleets run around and think they are kings of the game but allowing this to go on just makes it worse.

So if anyone else suggested it, then you would be all for it I guess eh?
Kinda makes you look slightly foolish if that is the case.

I've spoken with Az on it, and yes, I know I'm gonna hear something about being in his fleet ect.. ect.., but he, as stated wants to bring people together to make the game a better place. Many have said it's about using the tools you have. Most other combat games/sims have a variation of player organized events and other ways to break the monotony of the game. While I've voiced my opinions on HOW, I think the idea is grand and we should support it.

Since the meeting has a date, might I suggest speaking with someone who will be there and have them be your voice? Infact, it might be benifitail for someone to be set for each faction (easier division and orginization I think) to represent those not in a fleet.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Email Hell Bender
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-10-29 19:42   
Quote:
On 2009-10-29 19:11, LAG wrote:
Did anyone notice the defensive approach Jack took? As I posted previously, staff will typically take a defensive approach, which is why it would be benificial to have staff involved, but with a hush-order.

yes right, yer the representative of a company/game. like hell he will act like a 6 year old...

The idea of the gathering is sound to me from the first post.
If you guys like to pown Az for a more define explination what he wants to gain from the event, go ahead. but plz stay on the darn Topic.

It feels like the darkspace diplomatic forum has become a kindergarden. go vent your stress in Soap box or something.

Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-29 19:43   
Azreal I will be there!
make sure the room has a password

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021567 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR