- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » To Fleet Officers of all factions....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author To Fleet Officers of all factions....
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-28 19:16   
Ok. I'm thinking sometime on Saturday. I am free all day, with the no job thing going on. So anytime is good. It sounds like it would be during the day, as we have several people in Europe to acct for. Soooooo.

How about Saturday, 1:00pm CST.? That's 2:00 on the east, either 11 or 12:00 on the west (depending on whether mountain time is active atm, I don't know right now). Not sure what that would be in the Mother Country.

How's that sound? 1:00pm Saturday, cst.
Lemme know.

Now, to address those who have a need to have hurt feelings. As I stated, it is restricted to fleet officers because of the need to have as little distraction as possible. I am perfectly aware of the fact that some of the other factions have some resentments toward me, and that's ok. I have a few myself. We will be setting aside all that to discuss things that we, the fleets, can do for the game.

I don't expect the first meeting to go too smoothly. If we have a second, it will be because we have found common ground. If we fail in the long run, then there was no need for all to be involved anyways.

If it helps smooth over hurt feelings, I think we can agree to release the record of the meeting, cleaned up of all the yelling we will probably do at each other for the first few minutes.

But as it stands, I feel I have sound reasons, and I believe my confidants also feel the same way, and the meeting will remain restricted.

This time at least.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Hell Bender
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2009-10-28 19:17   
Quote:

On 2009-10-28 17:31, *FA*-Shadowalker-™ wrote:
Rank has absolutly nothing to do with wether or not you shuold come, he said fleet officers, and fleet officers only. Ive been here for 3 years, im not GA, nor will i be for a while... so what, i shouldnt come because im a noob O.o...

Okay so fleet officers only yes? Okay, so Joe K'Luth is here 10 days and makes a fleet, it has 4 members. He's a fleet officer, and there for he is welcome to the meeting, no matter that he is only say a Captain (I don't know, nor care what rank you have to be, I'm using it for argument purposes). IceMan is NOT welcome though. Even though he has been here since he "Joined: July 05, 2005" and is a Grand Admiral.

Obviously the new player has much more to offer because he has a fleet, so MY advice, since you don't give care about rank and only want the fleet officers, is for IceMan, and everyone else INCLUDING those without a fleet to make a fleet. Now you can get in. So, everyone who isn't in a fleet, or isn't an officer, let's go make a fleet and make everyone an officer and BAM we call get in! Thank you for making it blatently clear that experience in the game has nothing to do with a meeting on the future of the game, only the ability to make a fleet.

I hope you see the sarcastic undertones as that idea would be utter foolishness on the part of anyone involved in the meeting. I am not an officer, nor do I feel I should be in the meeting because I haven't been back long enough, though I am certainly no noob, but you can't be blind to the proposal of 'Only Fleet Officers' without putting certain stipulations on such. It is a great idea and many will fully support the gathering, but let's be realistic.

Fleet officers with a time limit (Joined), or a rank limit should be the way to go.

So I guess I have to ask, of all those who have been here for a while (a year let's say) and aren't meeting the fleet officer criteria, do you feel you should be excluded because you are loyal to your fleet and aren't an officer?

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Email Hell Bender
-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-28 19:22   
Quote:

On 2009-10-28 19:16, Azreal wrote:

How's that sound? 1:00pm Saturday, cst.

I can't be there before Noon on saturday, US central , GMT -6.

Email -Shadowalker-™
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-28 19:37   
I'd like to hear from the staff regarding why my last post was deleted.
[ This Message was edited by: --Daedalus-- on 2009-10-28 19:38 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-28 20:02   
I'm sure the whole fleet officer thing is due to the fact that they have 'control' (in most cases) over many players, and it's easier to pass the message on and organise that way.

@Daed: I'd have to assume you either accidentally ticked "Delete post" and hit submit if you were editing it, or your post was of a 'harsh' nature and got deleted by an admin.

Regardless - this topic isn't the place to discuss it. Grab an admin if you think there's some tom foolery going on.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2009-10-28 20:08 ]

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-28 20:41   
Fleet admins that can't make it;

Consider designating a representative and then informing the organizer. It'll make things a heck of a lot easier (and said representative can brief you afterwords)
That is, if the organizer will allow it.

[ This Message was edited by: Tellaris on 2009-10-28 20:44 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2009-10-28 20:54   
i feel like i may have no place in this forum but i do ask that you guys consider giving direction to this game. if the dev wont do it then its up to you fleet guys.

dont let me down with foolish garble please.

Rooting for a solution

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-28 21:25   
Quote:

On 2009-10-28 20:41, Tellaris wrote:
Fleet admins that can't make it;

Consider designating a representative and then informing the organizer. It'll make things a heck of a lot easier (and said representative can brief you afterwords)
That is, if the organizer will allow it.

[ This Message was edited by: Tellaris on 2009-10-28 20:44 ]

yeah that would be ok. If you cann't make it, then you are more than welcome to send a rep.

To Defiance: We can effect the game better than even the devs can, and faster at that. So this is to take some of the pressure off the devs, while making the game fun for all at the same time. Not saying we will come to some all insightful agreement....but it is an attempt at a start.

Anathemia
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-28 22:53   
There might have been a problem here and there, someone angry at another. Even some who act out of ignorance, however I'm sure we can fix these things.

DS was a part of my childhood and I hope it stays for at least a bit longer.
Good luck to all of you eh?

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-29 01:31   
I'm so left out.

Its probably a good thing though, I'll likely disagree with everything that comes from it anyways.

Good luck with everything though.

-Ent

Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2009-10-29 05:15   
ok anytime that is chooosen i will be there. i agree with az for this the 1st attempt of a meeting only fleet CO's or the reps just to keep the numbers under control and so we arnt all just banging our heads agaisnt a wall. im sure if we have a digree of success in this meeting the dorr will become open to more people allowing everyone to have their say. in the mean time get posting you own suggestions on your own fleet forums so your CO's can voice your veiws.

Email Steveyk
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-10-29 06:08   
Quote:
On 2009-10-28 19:16, Azreal wrote:
How about Saturday, 1:00pm CST.?

17:00 GMT That is about the time i come home from work this saturday.
Might make that, might not. Or i might forget because i'm hungry and grab a restaurant on the way home.
But will try.

p.s. what about fleets on life support?

Coombie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-29 06:27   
I'm gmt+8 i dont understand cst time what time is this meeting for us Aussies?

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-29 06:39   
hmmm. I'm GMT -6, whatever that means. I have no idea how the time zone thingy works with GMT. I'm too old, never learned that stuff, as it's a relatively "new" thing.

As far as "life support fleets", sure. I'm working with the fleets because its the only player based organizations we have. So yeah, life support or not. Are you refering to [CeC]?

Juuuust kidding.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-10-29 06:41   
Quote:
On 2009-10-29 06:39, Azreal wrote:
Are you refering to [CeC]?
Juuuust kidding.

WKA. its like my clone + allandu on occasion

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021864 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR