No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » just wondering
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author just wondering
Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-10-20 07:34   
Quote:

On 2009-10-20 04:56, Azreal wrote:
Now we have to have a missle dread. Why? Because the humans do.
Now we have to have 3 stations. Why? Because the humans do.
Now we want to have dreads available at a lower rank. Why? Because the humans do.

Its this idea that if we all have the exact same ships, only with a different skin and a different name that it brings balance. Well guess what. That is not true.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-10-20 05:29 ]

QFT

With time 1 v 1 I doubt there is any ship on uggie or icc that cannot be taken down by a luth dread. Teamwork is no longer a requirement to fly as luth unless icc and uggie bring at least 'Good' teamwork to the game. Even then just another luth ship needs to be flying in the vicinity to be disruptive and overpowering without the need for co ordination.

Ugto fleet with no teamwork and a luth ship can still pick and choose targets and remove them from a fleet at leisure.

For me now the luth ships are just a slightly weaker version of the ugto ships defensively, but have the ability to cloak.

I would love to see the requirement to use teamwork come back to the K'luth again. Am all for cruisers and dessies as the main fighting ships for luth.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-20 07:38   
Are you saying any Kluth ship can destroy an equal human ship 1v1 without ever cloaking, just slugging it out like two human ships would?

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-20 08:06   
Quote:

On 2009-10-20 07:38, MrSparkle wrote:
Are you saying any Kluth ship can destroy an equal human ship 1v1 without ever cloaking, just slugging it out like two human ships would?

No, you know that is not posible.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-20 08:39   
Well that's my point People keep saying Kluth are overpowered with their cloak, but without it they are weaker. Kluth aren't the best at 1v1 unless the human insists on staying there and letting him cloak and repair. But that would be dumb.

Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2009-10-20 08:53   
ok 1v1 kluth with a half decent pilot win out the battle dread against a mandy the mandy wins wont even have to cloak or jump just raw power wins ugto dont do enough damage for the kluth player to worry about their hull the battle dread will happily eat a ganglia if you are lucky enough to find one close by and can get on its tail but it still puts up one hell of a fight as for the siphon again if u get on its tail yo stand a good chance of making it jump cloak turn and come back to finish the job it started and well the krill will lay to waste alomost anything it laughs at planet def as do most of the kluth ships now seems they are very tough so 1 v 1 kluth wins nearly everytime and still nobody did really answer hawk why do our transports or engis have any special abiltys and before anyone say armor that cant count since standard armor is only as good as the kluth armor when taking the weps damage into account ref armor is usless the 1st sign of a torp or missile and alb just melts at the 1st alpha of beams that looks in it directon

Email Steveyk
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-20 09:00   
that also depends.
The purpose of the cloak is still the most misunderstood aspect of the K'Luth. The purpose is that you chose WHEN to strike.
If I am a solo dread, and I see a UGTO dread, alot of times, I will trail that dread for 10, maybe 15 mins, just waiting. Ask. Those who know me know I wait until the most absolute advantageous point before I strike.
That means, if I am solo, I am going to wait until the enemy is, say, in a dictor field. Or maybe wait until I catch him in a cluster of enemy planets, and I watch him expend some of his energy shooting AI and pd'ing missles.
That's when I roll up on his 6 and start to uncloak.
So if you fully look at what you are capable of, in CERTAIN situations, if you play it right, yes, a krill can mangle a BD but fast. But if you choose open ground, the best you are going to hope for vs an even halfwitted enemy pilot is going to be a draw. Hull them too hard, they can jump away. Hull me too hard, I either jump or cloak. Sometimes just hop out 2500 gus and cloak, turn green armor to enemy, and wait for ahr to rep me as i work my way back towards him slowly.

So both points are valid, in my honest opinion.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-20 09:04   
Quote:

On 2009-10-20 08:53, *Steveyk* wrote:
ok 1v1 kluth with a half decent pilot win out the battle dread against a mandy the mandy wins wont even have to cloak or jump just raw power wins ugto dont do enough damage for the kluth player to worry about their hull the battle dread will happily eat a ganglia if you are lucky enough to find one close by and can get on its tail but it still puts up one hell of a fight as for the siphon again if u get on its tail yo stand a good chance of making it jump cloak turn and come back to finish the job it started and well the krill will lay to waste alomost anything it laughs at planet def as do most of the kluth ships now seems they are very tough so 1 v 1 kluth wins nearly everytime and still nobody did really answer hawk why do our transports or engis have any special abiltys and before anyone say armor that cant count since standard armor is only as good as the kluth armor when taking the weps damage into account ref armor is usless the 1st sign of a torp or missile and alb just melts at the 1st alpha of beams that looks in it directon

pe·ri·od (pīr-d)
n.
1. An interval of time characterized by the occurrence of a certain condition, event, or phenomenon: a period of economic prosperity.
2. An interval of time characterized by the prevalence of a specified culture, ideology, or technology: artifacts of the pre-Columbian period.
3. An interval regarded as a distinct evolutionary or developmental phase: Picasso's early career is divided into his blue period and rose period.
4. Geology A unit of time, longer than an epoch and shorter than an era.
5. Any of various arbitrary units of time, especially:
a. Any of the divisions of the academic day.
b. Sports & Games A division of the playing time of a game.
6. Physics & Astronomy The time interval between two successive occurrences of a recurrent event or phases of an event; a cycle: the period of a satellite's orbit.
7. An instance or occurrence of menstruation.
8. A point or portion of time at which something is ended; a completion or conclusion.
9. The full pause at the end of a spoken sentence.
10. A punctuation mark ( . ) indicating a full stop, placed at the end of declarative sentences and other statements thought to be complete, and after many abbreviations.
11. A sentence of several carefully balanced clauses in formal writing.
a. A metrical unit of quantitative verse consisting of two or more cola.
b. An analogous unit or division of classical Greek or Latin prose.
13. Music A group of two or more phrases within a composition, often made up of 8 or 16 measures and terminating with a cadence.
14. Mathematics
a. The least interval in the range of the independent variable of a periodic function of a real variable in which all possible values of the dependent variable are assumed.
b. A group of digits separated by commas in a written number.
c. The number of digits that repeat in a repeating decimal. For example, 1/7 = 0.142857142857 . . . has a six-digit period.
15. Chemistry A sequence of elements arranged in order of increasing atomic number and forming one of the horizontal rows in the periodic table.
adj.
Of, belonging to, or representing a certain historical age or time: a period piece; period furniture.
interj.
Used to emphasize finality, as when expressing a decision or an opinion: You're not going to the movies tonight, period!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Middle English periode, from Old French, from Medieval Latin periodus, from Latin perihodos, rhetorical period, from Greek periodos, circuit : peri-, peri- + hodos, way.]

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-10-20 09:05 ]

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-20 09:30   
Tommas made good use of his Krill lastnight by utilising his other arcs on a full frontal attack against my Assault Dread. Even though we had other players around us and not forgetting the Mir, by sweeping himself by using his left and right arc as well, he was able to stay in the fight longer, but even a Krill piloted by a vet is not going to stay around long against a 100% forwarded active shielded Assault Dread, nice job in trying though.
End of the day it all depends on the pilot and his flying skills, I always and try use the approach from the six attack if in a mandi or krill and also depending on your enchancements a high defence mandi can easily fight alongside a couple of dreads for a good amount of time.

But going back to the original post I still believe firmly that we dont require a dread at VA because we have a cruiser that can or i should say "did" do the job just as well for that rank, and in my honest opinon it should be changed.

Also giving ICC and UGTO their GA ship or move the EAD and AD to GA rank as they match the firepower of the krill rather than the siphon at FA, which is no better than the Battle Dread of Combat dread at Admiral.

[ This Message was edited by: Pegasus on 2009-10-20 10:13 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-20 11:00   
Just wondering , cant you mount different types of armor on ugto transport ships? If it can be mount wouldnt be these a special faction ability?

(havent played ugto for a long time)

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-20 11:01   
All UGTO ships can choose between three types of armour, much like ICC can do with their shields.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-20 13:35   
Quote:

On 2009-10-20 09:00, Azreal wrote:
So if you fully look at what you are capable of, in CERTAIN situations, if you play it right, yes, a krill can mangle a BD but fast. But if you choose open ground, the best you are going to hope for vs an even halfwitted enemy pilot is going to be a draw. Hull them too hard, they can jump away. Hull me too hard, I either jump or cloak. Sometimes just hop out 2500 gus and cloak, turn green armor to enemy, and wait for ahr to rep me as i work my way back towards him slowly.

So both points are valid, in my honest opinion.

Yep, that's why I said it would be dumb for a human player to stick around if the Kluth cloaks after taking some damage, because he's gonna uncloak soon and slice right through the human's hull. Nobody is gonna stick around in a 1v1 fight until someone dies, unless it was a duel agreed to beforehand. That doesn't stop balance whining though

The problem people have comes when Kluth start hunting in packs...but that's for another thread.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-20 16:37   
Quote:

On 2009-10-20 13:35, MrSparkle wrote:

The problem people have comes when Kluth start hunting in packs...but that's for another thread.

Ahh. Now wolfpacks are a different story.....

*COMMANDERHAWK*
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-10-21 12:12   
everyone makes valad points in some way or another and no i dont believe the kluth ships are harder to fly you just need to know how to use them. now i have always been as honest and as non onesided as i think i could be sugested better defences for icc, the ranks for kluth to be more balanced ect. ive asked for a ship for all thre factions for the rank of marshal but it was only applied to the kluth with the krill . i dont know mabie im just a little frustrated about the marshal ship only getting partly answered

plan B : take someone with you

Email *COMMANDERHAWK*
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-21 12:25   
Krill is GA

Hell Bender
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2009-10-21 13:33   
I read maybe the first several posts and decided I didn't need to read anymore to say this, because eventually this horse will be drug from the grave once again and beaten more thoroughly than before just do we can rebury it so we might save it for later beatings.
When I started things were much diffrent than now, the races/class/factions were much more diverse and accomidating to certain play styles.

I, as I'm sure many of you have, have played other MMORPG's and in them I find this amazing trend: New people join, they complain the game is too hard (we're using this word because it's easy, not nesiccarily because it's a great describer) and then the older players decide they now have an army of voices so the Dev's then decide to nerf the game to attract more and retain people. The problem is, this almost ALWAYS backfires as those who had been there for a long time see thier work thrown away because Mr Noob is utterly incapable of adapting to the community s/he joined. Heaven forbid they are forced into the storm and made to survive like the rest.

With that said I also want to compare the factions using fantasy RPG's I've played since the early 90's.

Warrior/Fighter=UGTO
The core brawler. These types come up and will stand toe to toe with you, they hit hard, they stand up under brutal punishment and are talented at what they do. They are no sneaky, nor agile as there is little need when a blow or two will take out most enemies.

Wizard/Archer=ICC
These are the range attackers with considerable punch and decent manuevering. While they can be considerable damage dealers, they aren't quite up to the task of going toe to toe with others. When they do, they must rely on thier arcane arts to protect themselves (shields) as thier armor is relatively weak.

Thief=K'Luth
These are the hit and run preditors. They excell at surprise attacks and covered retreat. They rarely can stand toe to toe with an opponent or if they do, they give up thier most valuable weapon, surprise. While direct attacks are weak, they excell when using thier agility to get at the weak spot on an opponent. Light armor and a delay in weaponry is the trade off for heavy damage and the ability to choose your battles, or make a stealthy retreat.

If one considers this, then thinks, hey, they have an unfair advantage, just think, if you want a toe to toe shoot em up, there are many games out there where everyone is equal except for skill, than people will still complain and the process starts again.

LEARN TO PLAY YOUR FACTION. LEARN IT'S STRENGTHS TO EXPLOIT OTHERS WEAKNESSES. It's as simple as that.

*******DISCLAIMER*******
I spell like I speak so if it's horribly misspelled, thats fine, just read it phoeneticall (bet I messed that one up too hehe)

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Email Hell Bender
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.033403 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR