No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +6.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » just wondering
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author just wondering
*COMMANDERHAWK*
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-10-19 21:51   
ok i have a question witch noone seems to be able to answer why do the kluth have the sipon and the krill yet ugto and icc only have the one fleet admiral ship ? and why do kluth have a cloak on there transports but ugto and icc dont have the special abilities on there transports and extractors ? just wondering

plan B : take someone with you

Email *COMMANDERHAWK*
Kestalkayden
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-19 22:15   
Quote:

On 2009-10-19 21:51, COMMANDERHAWK wrote:
ok i have a question witch noone seems to be able to answer why do the kluth have the sipon and the krill yet ugto and icc only have the one fleet admiral ship ? and why do kluth have a cloak on there transports but ugto and icc dont have the special abilities on there transports and extractors ? just wondering

I asked that too once. I got, "Because they are special" and was brushed off.

Seraphim
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-19 22:35   
Same as why Kluth dont get any dreads at VA

Email Seraphim
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-19 22:57   
K'luth ships usually require a higher rank then their equivalant ship as is. I can assure you that the ranks and badges aren't picked willy nilly. Their was some kind of reason behind it. Ask doran or Draf.

*COMMANDERHAWK*
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-10-19 23:40   
Quote:

On 2009-10-19 22:35, Fatal Seraphim wrote:

well ive asked before about getting kluth a va dread just as ive been tring to get icc more player friendly extra hyull ect or better shields so im not all one sided i just think things should be more balanced me personaly i think the gang should be a va ship but thats just me

plan B : take someone with you

Email *COMMANDERHAWK*
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-10-20 01:15   
Quote:

On 2009-10-19 23:40, COMMANDERHAWK wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-10-19 22:35, Fatal Seraphim wrote:

well ive asked before about getting kluth a va dread just as ive been tring to get icc more player friendly extra hyull ect or better shields so im not all one sided i just think things should be more balanced me personaly i think the gang should be a va ship but thats just me

I agree, the Ganglia would be the best option for a VA ship.

ZeroCool[No Lame No Fame]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-20 01:20   
ICC and UGTO are humans, kluth aren't.If for example ICC have ships that are counterparts of certain UGTO ships, its because theyr all human, and that doesn't make K'luth be the same.I hope you get the ideea.Bottom line imho, is that ships,badges,ranks etc are well balanced.

Email ZeroCool[No Lame No Fame]
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-10-20 01:30   
I am in full support of that. Gang should be a VA dread. not saying that because i AM a VA or anything, but i think that would be good.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-20 04:56   
Players starting after .482 may not realize why ship requirements for K'Luth seem so odd.

K'Luth had 3 dreads only. A lighter dread (Mandy), a heavier combat dread (Siphon), and a command dread (Ganglia). They were set to a higher rank because the cruisers and destroyers were more powerful than the human faction's equivalent ships. The cruisers and dessies were meant and at the time WERE IN FACT the mainstay ships of the K'Luth arsenal. The small hull class ships were designed for fast hit and run, but they truly were weaker in armor and so - so on energy than their human counterparts.
The Ganglia was once equiped with a supply (which could be swapped out for a build mod), and wasn't very heavily weaponed. The Siphon was the heaviest hitter in the fleet under the Hive.
Now, it may seem weird, but 3 dreads were all we had, and 3 dreads are all we should have. It is this idea that you are bringing balance to the game by making all the factions "equal" that has given us too many advantages that we did not have before.
Now we have to have a missle dread. Why? Because the humans do.
Now we have to have 3 stations. Why? Because the humans do.
Now we want to have dreads available at a lower rank. Why? Because the humans do.

Its this idea that if we all have the exact same ships, only with a different skin and a different name that it brings balance. Well guess what. That is not true.

There was far more balance in .482 than there is now. If the devs would return the Dessie and Cruiser back to its primary roles as the main strike ships of the K'Luth, you'd see better balance now tho.

But I know for a fact that there is one of them that has always hated the idea of 2 dessies taking down his precious EAD, and I'm not suprised at how the nerfbat has been weilded against our smaller ships, even tho it was swung before he became a dev.

Now that their attempts at balance have set our ships so far out of whack, maybe they should redo the requirments.

And another thing. The more that these three factions are basically all carbon copies, expect to see people lose interest. I was attracted to K'Luth originally because I didn't like messing with shield rotation, and I wanted more of a challenge than "find biggest ship I can spawn, point jump enemy, spacebar, rinse/repeat".

Guess what Kluth is becoming.
Spawn biggest ship I can get, jump enemy, spacebar, rinse/repeat.

Sorry, 4:30 in the morning and my coffee just finished, so I haven't had a cup yet as I write this. I just wanted to fill in some information for those asking the "why does K'Luth..." questions.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-10-20 05:29 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-10-20 05:05   
Quote:

On 2009-10-20 04:56, Azreal wrote:
But I know for a fact that there is one of them that has always hated the idea of 2 dessies taking down his precious EAD, and I'm not suprised at how the nerfbat has been weilded against our smaller ships.

QQ

K'luth have different ranks to their human counterparts because K'luth ships are very different to fly compared to ICC and UGTO. ICC and UGTO have a sense of similarity between them (both can duke it out to an extent), whereas K'luth are a completely different contender.

Their ships can be harder for players to fly due to their required hit-and-run design, which some players cannot comprehend until after some play time. In addition to this, K'luth ships tend to be much more powerful than their counterparts. A single alpha from an ICC or UGTO ship might not even bare hull on a K'luth ship, but the K'luth ship can easily chew through shield and armour alike like it's butter.

However, it is true that the ranks haven't been looked at since before 1.5. If you guys feel that the ranks are slightly out of balance, then we'll address that.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash on 2009-10-20 05:25 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-20 05:32   
Don't go messing with "balance" anymore though, unless a clear-cut vision of all 3 factions is released. Right now Kluth are stronger, but I feel it's because of the way Kluth need to be played, not necessarily the ships themselves. Kluth are required to use teamwork and coordinate their attacks, because in 1v1 situations they don't have the staying power. They're not built to sustain damage over a period of time.

You won't often see a Kluth win a 1v1 duel vs a human with an "equal" dread, unless it's a missile dread vs ganglia (not exactly equals). That Kluth is most likely gonna cloak or jump away, because he will be hulled before the human is. A Mandible vs a Battle Dread will see the Battle Dread victorious if the Kluth is foolish enough to stick around the whole time instead of doing what he's supposed to do which is hit & run.

Vs new or inebriated players, yeah a Kluth dread stands a chance 1v1

It was this way last time I played a few months ago, and I'm pretty sure it hasn't changed.

As for ganglia being made vice admiral, I don't agree. The ganglia cannot be used the way the other Kluth ships are used. It doesn't rely on powerful alpha strikes, but rather distance. It's the Kluth's version of a human ship (in my mind). It's tricky to use if you don't know exactly what you can and cannot do with it (like when should you use it? Which faction is it better against? How far away should you stay from the enemy?). I actually really like my ganglia. Cannons and missiles instead of disruptors and torpedoes is a totally different kind of fighting, but at the same time if you expect it to perform like a human dread you're dead. Players new to Kluth might have a hard time with it, and may brand it a piece of junk.

If I decide to re-sub, which I may if this increased playerbase stays at least steady (I want it to grow though!), I'll be using it again.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-20 06:05   
erm..luth have like amost always been best at 1 vs 1..

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-20 06:58   
ICC also can't be played solo. The strategy you're supposed to employ with them only works if you've got teams and teamwork, so I disagree that K'Luth should have higher rank requirements based on their requirement for teamwork alone.

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-10-20 07:00   
Being a Kluth veteran combateer pilot and trying out different factions lately I feel before any more balance is injected into the game ICC really do need another look into their game play/shields or lack of.
It was nice to see more than 2 ICC players on last night and it was enjoyable, as equally as enjoyable to what one would expect from UGTO or K'luth in the past.
I will come forward and say i am not that experienced as a ICC combat pilot than I am as a K'luth pilot, but I do have a liking towards the Assault Dread but every time I want to throw it into combat whether it be a home match or an away match (thank you Steve ) I find myself micromanaging my shields more than paying attention to my situational awareness of whats going on around me, and thus spending far less time in combat than I should be. Maybe it is me being less adept as a ICC pilot but i feel for anyone wanting to explore ICC faction this is a extremely steep learning curve (worse than K'luth currently) when you wont find much combat.

I also feel we can ignore the cries we need for a dread at VA for K'luth if only the Devs could put the Scale back to its 1.483 load out protential as a medium/long range gunboat. Rather than a self-siphonated beam machine. That way the VA will have a reasonable cruiser with considerable amount of firepower that would equal a carrier dread/missile dread but being weaker in hull/armour.
For combat it would carry them quite happily until their first dread rank of Admiral and also would make the Scale a more mainstay cruiser of the K'luth faction than having to use its less powerful version of the Parasite.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-10-20 07:11   
Kluth are not best 1 on 1. That's not how they're designed. Kluth are hulled much easier than humans, especially vs UGTO with reflective armor.

Ok, maybe that's where I get that feeling, because there was hardly any ICC to fight against last time I played It was always vs UGTO with reflective armor.

But even still, Kluth are not designed to slug it out in 1v1, without needing to cloak.

Quote:

On 2009-10-20 06:58, Bardiche wrote:
ICC also can't be played solo. The strategy you're supposed to employ with them only works if you've got teams and teamwork, so I disagree that K'Luth should have higher rank requirements based on their requirement for teamwork alone.

It's not because of teamwork. I was mentioning teamwork to show why Kluth are accused of being overpowered so often.

The ganglia should not be a VA ship because it's not like the other Kluth ships. It makes sense that it's higher rank and needs more experience to use, because if you jump into one at VA after using close-range Kluth ships you're gonna get killed.

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2009-10-20 07:19 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020616 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR