No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 Now

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Arc bug
 Author Arc bug
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-09-27 14:03   
Today an admin was inside the kluth faction and we tested out the arc bug on missiles.
As evryone know when gettin hit by missiles it only damages the rear part of the ship.
We reproduced the bug and found out that if u didnt have any speed, the arc bug didnt exsist. But when u had 0.1 speed or above, the arc bug was effective and doin damage to the rear.

Now the admin reported it in with all that info.

1Hour later he talked to Faustus and he said that the arc bug is not a bug, and has to do with how the internett is and that this problem will never be resolved. That means, we got to live with this bug forever.

So then i ask just one question to you Faustus. Why havent this issue been there before???? In 1.483 the bug wasnt there, in the start of this 1.5 version it wasnt here. It came somewhere btw 1.5 and 1.520.
(This is the new arc bug just vs missiles and has nothign to do with the old arc bug that was only damagin the front)

Please give us an logical reason to why this is??

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-09-27 14:12   
next time you shoot a missile at a moving target follow it and hope it doesn't get hit by point defense, most missiles miss the first pass and swing around to hit the rear(the area it tracks).

Email Sens [R33]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-09-27 14:15   
No, go in and try this and then come back and write:

get in a dread, jump to a planet, have 0.1 speed, then u will see that ALL missiles hit u rigtin in the front. And ull also see that it will only damage your rear.

*edit*

** The thing is that when u have 0 speed, then ALL the damage goes to the front, when u set speed to 0.1, it ALL go to the rear. So this is not missiles flying past or around and so on. Try it and se! **

[ This Message was edited by: Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ] on 2009-09-27 14:43 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-09-27 16:47   
I wish missles were the only thing causing my arc bug on my Krill. I've had the problem when being hit point blank in my face with beams and torps, and no missles at all tho. I had heard of the missles thing before, and I've paid attention to see if I'm getting hit by missle fire when it bugs. I have seen it without missles.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-09-27 16:53   
Well they tested with all sort of guns and was only reproducabel with missiles..so that migth be another issue i dont know...but there has been situation before where SI dont do damage and so on..

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-09-27 17:37   
It was reproduceable with missiles and cannons, actually. I couldn't get it to work with torps, beams, or SIs, though.

It might work with beams or torps on other occasions, but in two ships on different facings, they usually only applied to the facing I was being hit on. That is, if it does apply, it is not 100% reproduceable - whereas missiles and cannons triggered rear damage every time I was hit.

Email Shigernafy
Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-09-27 18:24   
Indeed, 15 IT's to the face and my Fore armor doesn't have a scratch on it...my read however looked like it got hit by Valentines Day...

H&S

Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-09-28 23:10   
I've noticed that in general, it's because the missiles strike the ship (below) the waterline. I.e Like it strikes in the center of the ship instead of hitting the armor.

Is this perhaps because of the way the missile tracks? Or perhaps the way def bases are built at the poles of planets and the missile hits because of that?

Check it out. I think the way the missile impacts has something to do with it

But yes, this happens to me all the time as well. Missiles strike the ship dead on from the front and your rear armor is damaged. Then with all other armor at 100% even... you start to take hull damage because you're getting hit from your rear armor which is shot.

Very very annoying bug which makes bombing and such impossible at times...

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-09-29 09:16   
Hmm I remember arc bug before 1.5 was released, and a complete different reasons on how it was effecting the game mechanics.

Page created in 0.013491 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR