No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.5 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Can't stay connected!
 Author Can't stay connected!
Kesku
Cadet

Posted: 2009-09-04 11:05   
When I connect to a server, select my ship and spawn in the game runs fine for several minutes. Then, out of nowhere, the game begins to lag and jump before finally bringing up a black screen with the message, "Disconnected from the server"

Prior to my subscription to DarkSpace I had no trouble with this and no connection issues before at all. So you can't blame me for being angry about this. I thought it was just another internet hiccup, where my PC loses internet for about 5 seconds. This has happened two days in a row immediately after my subscription.

I'm connected to the internet via a wireless connection to the router downstairs. I've never had any problematic connection issues like this before, so I don't think it's that.
Someone in the lobby mentioned it being something to do with the fact I had a desktop opposed to a laptop, though I find this irrelavant.

This happens on all servers and only rarely I can connect and stay connected.

I have no idea what to do about this. I paid for a month of DarkSpace and I want my god damn month. It is completely unjust that I should pay for something and then be unable to use it properly!

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-09-04 19:21   
I'll let the staff troubleshoot anything that may be going on software-wise, but there are a few things that we can do in the mean time.

Wireless connections may be finnicky, and in a lot of other cases you wont notice connection hiccups because they may not dependent on data coming across completely uninterrupted. Pick any website that you know works, and in your command prompt type ping www.whateveryouwant.com -t. Watch this for about a minute or so, and if you see any instances where the ms in communication time jumps. This may indicate a connection issue.

Also, you always want to check your error logs. To do this, right click on My Computer, go to Manage, then Event Viewer, and look at the System and Application logs. If you see a lot of errors, particularly for DarkSpace, it is a start place.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-09-06 00:06   
Also, since no one seems to be commenting on this, I believe that if you go into the setup, and change your connection info from auto-connect to whatever your speed is it helps.

Page created in 0.007133 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR