No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Removal of UserName: Iceman
 Author Removal of UserName: Iceman
TheHunter
Marshal

Posted: 2009-08-06 05:14   
Ive been playing this game since 2001, and nothing due to me my profile got messed/lost, although the admins did help me and was able to retrieve my lost stats and badges, im now asking for my former username back.

Iceman is my username its always been this since 2001.

the current: Iceman profile shows someone who has'nt logged bck on for over 5+ years.

In any other MMO usernames arn't kept more than a few years not 5.

so my petition is this please remove and return my username to its former glory so i can stop using stupid made up version like {:-)IceMan(-:}

Thank you for your time in reading my post admins.

IceMan

Goto the website of TheHunter
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-08-06 07:41   
I tried this too a while back my handle being with = signs on each side of my name, I asked faustus about 3 years ago and he kindly gave me the name Pegasus which was cool. I then put it back with the = tags (no idea why) but when asking a mod to see if i could have it back to just Pegasus I was refused on the basis that someone else is using that name. Well a simple search actually shows there is no game name in use other than names like DarkPegasus etc and was told no by an obnoxious mod.
So I stuck a ASCII special trademark character TM (™) on the end of my name which is hidden in game but shows up on the forums and in lobby chat, I am happy with that as long i have Pegasus in game.

Good luck in getting it changed, I take it you tried the change name option in the lobbychat menu? Or try my route if you only want Iceman in game and not bothered how it looks in the lobby/forums.

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-08-06 08:07   
Pegasus: the account which currently has the name "Pegagus" reserved is registered to YOUR email. Did you abandon an old account? Why do you use this account instead of @89977?

Iceman: Since your original account name is not Iceman, it will only be reserved to you as long as your actual name is that. If you change your name for 10 seconds as a joke and in that span someone registers a new account with the name Iceman, you'll lose it again.

This has been explained elsewhere, but accounts have two names: the current visible name and the original creation name (referred to as the "loginname" since you can always login with it no matter what your current visible "username" is). Both are reserved to you; the loginname cannot be changed - the only way to free it up is by deleting an account (well, save for direct db editing; there's no interface for it thought). So since your loginname is not Iceman, if you're not using it as a username, it will be available for others to claim. And if they happen to be a new account's loginname, then its once again going to be reserved.

Since the account was old and abandoned, I removed its claim on the name. If it had had a registered email, though, the policy is to not mess with it. You just happen to be lucky.

Email Mithrandir
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-08-06 08:45   
Sorry for the partial thread hijack Iceman.

Quote:
Pegasus: the account which currently has the name "Pegagus" reserved is registered to YOUR email. Did you abandon an old account? Why do you use this account instead of @89977?

@Mith: might of been probably that I could'nt remember my login details back then as it was over 12-24 months since i last used it, and I thought I read somewhere if I did'nt log in in that time to refresh my account it was deleted. So decided to start from scratch in 2005. I spent ages trying to find that account lol.

TheHunter
Marshal

Posted: 2009-08-06 08:56   
Mithrandir you sir are a saint let no one speak wrongly of you in my eyes.

and Peg no problem.

erm Pegasus if you open a browser at ... http://darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forgotpw.php

will email you:

This message is to inform you that your password has been reset for your account.

Remote IP: **.**.**.** <- blanked on purpose
Loginname: ********* <- blanked on purpose
Username: IceMan
New Password: ****** <- blanked on purpose

* This is an automated message, please do not reply.

Click on the following URL if you wish to be removed from our database:

I think the system would send you more than one login as in if you have 2 accounts registered on a email it'll pass them to you

[ This Message was edited by: IceMan on 2009-08-06 09:12 ]

Goto the website of TheHunter
Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-08-06 09:20   
Pegasus: The last login is 01/12/09 12:57:34 - relatively recently, considering. Have you logged into it since but just don't use it since it has no stats?

In any case, since your current account (with the TM) has all your stats and sub history, etc, its probably wise to stick with it. Its easier to remove the old account than it is to transfer stuff to it.

If you'd like, I can free up that name as well, since it seems to be your account.

Also, I don't think it shows you all your accounts if you do the forgotpw link, but I could be wrong - never tried it myself. I seem to recall that being a complaint a while back though - that sometimes you would ask for a reset and it would reset a password, but for the wrong account, and it didn't give you the choice. I glanced at the code at the time and it seems to just grab the first result the db hands it no matter how many accounts that email may have.

[ This Message was edited by: Mithrandir on 2009-08-06 09:23 ]

Email Mithrandir
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-08-06 09:30   
Quote:
If you'd like, I can free up that name as well, since it seems to be your account.

That would be very nice if you can. Thank you.

Yes I think that's the problem as over the last 7 years or so I had a few accounts and not all of them were presented to me when I do a forgot password.

[ This Message was edited by: Pegasus™ on 2009-08-06 09:33 ]

Mithrandir
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-08-06 09:34   
Done.

I also added the couple stats on the old account to your current one; it should add about 2 pres to your account. No biggie, but at least its complete then.

Email Mithrandir
Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-08-07 03:57   
Thank you Mithrandir.

Redemption (Angel of Light)
Grand Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-08-07 05:20   
is there anyway i can have the redemption name, i have to have a - at the start since some one registered with the redemption name, played for a few minutes and never came back, this was over 5 years ago anychance you can do that for me??

Email Redemption (Angel of Light)   Goto the website of Redemption (Angel of Light)
Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-08-07 08:18   
Opened the floodgates now, Mith.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-08-07 09:32   
good point. in the future, to avoid any "but you did it for so-and-so", lets direct all such requests directly to a staff member or support@palestar.com

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Page created in 0.017171 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR