No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +20.5 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » A new path for darkspace...
 Author A new path for darkspace...
DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-06-04 05:31   
Hello all PaleStar and DarkSpace staff...

I would like to express a desire.

I have played the game since the early open beta and DarkSpace always has seemed to be lacking in game story lines to go along with the PVP...
At this time I would like to give my opinion and recommendation that the developers work on creating in game story line for old and new players to follow in order to grow and expand there piloting skills... Create a ladder that will enable new players to slowly but quickly advance the ranks.

Get community opinions on the in game story line for each race, create in game cinemas of battle and outcomes. integrate the tutorials that teach you everything about the game so as you progress through the storyline the new players also learn how to use new weapons and upgrades. Have players do the storyline and in the process commend them for being with the game for all these years...

Create a slightly broader economy so players can customize there ships a bit more.

Create a fleet setup so that players can fleet up and all in the fleet benefit from teamwork as a whole...

I hope at least some of what I have said is not scrutinized and is actually discussed among the developers and staff alike... all players wishing to comment and or add suggestion are very welcome to... remember its your game too.

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-08 05:12   
Yes, we need some people to come up with storylines.

However, I think they should not contain any actual Players, anything hinting that darkspace is a game etc, I want to be really entranced.

And yeah anyone who does write, none of the @~##~#!&ty fanfics I see float about, Decent plots arching around each other, not OLOLO ME IN DREAD GO PEW PEW SUPER AWESOME.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-16 17:40   
Piece of cake.. I'll do all that this weekend.

Also: Create a ladder that will enable new players to slowly but quickly advance the ranks.

Do you mean slowly but easily? Easily and quickly? Slowly but surely? Simply but quickly?

Just trying to throw out options here..

Email Shigernafy
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-17 11:39   
A nice addition would be to add missions for each rank, that provide anywhere from 33-50% of the prestige required to go to the next rank up to Admiral or Vice admiral; to speed up the ranking process until they can do it fine on thier own

Email Sens [R33]
cctv dude99
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-17 14:08   
Quote:

On 2009-06-17 11:39, Sensitivity wrote:
A nice addition would be to add missions for each rank, that provide anywhere from 33-50% of the prestige required to go to the next rank up to Admiral or Vice admiral; to speed up the ranking process until they can do it fine on thier own

Missions for each rank is a great idea. New players often don't really know how to rank up and its incredibly hard being a midshipman in a scout against 2-4 destroyers because you just get killed and lose prestige. Your also unable to get to the weaker ships to destroy them because of these destroyers. What im trying to say is that without extra ways to help newbies rank up, they just get bored and won't player the game much anymore.

I will subscribe in Two Weeks™...

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-06-19 05:21   
Darkspace should stop being dreadspace. Throw over all the arguments that you cant have newbies killing vets in dreadnaughts. You can.
Its not about the older people. Economicly speaking, if people get here, and pay for 3 months. After those 3 months they can leave and find a new game. Let the newbies kill them. We dont need vets staying, we need new people staying for a while. This sounds incredibly harsh, but its the only way right now that there is any hope at all for this game.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-06-19 11:30   
3 frigatse can take down a dread fairly easily

Email Sens [R33]
Latrodectus
Captain

Posted: 2009-07-28 22:02   
If it would be ok with the staffand othe rplayers, i believe i can help with in depth story line. I have many great ideas for all factions, including pirates and legion. However, its ultimatly up to the development team. I just think it would be great if i, as well as players can offer suggestions for the story.

-Manekel

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-08-05 22:13   
I've been asking for more work on the backstory for awhile, and it isn't like we have proven writers among the community (Coeus, Tbone, Doran, Rob, Jim).

Email Supertrooper
Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-10-14 17:53   
Actually, i wouldn't mind using Coeus's Twilight story as a plot line. it's a good story, and it make an awesome set of missions for pretty much every rank, even fleet missions. If we gave him a bonus or something for it, i'm sure he wouldn't mind either. (Just give him more beer.)

Email Walrus of Apathy
Page created in 0.015994 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR