No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Clan: No , and Balanced: Yes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Clan: No , and Balanced: Yes
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-29 18:58   
FS has 5 semi-active members btw

Email Sens [R33]
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-29 19:11   
chill pill? I think you take him too seriously. I thought it was a nice reasonable post.

5 players, really? That many?

Email Shigernafy
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-04-29 19:45   
I like the idea, on a smaller scale.
It could probally not happen on MV, it is unstable enugh as is. But maybe bringing back admiral server, I am pritty sure everyone has heard the reason for its origional disaprence, but at this point, I believe that it could do more good then bad. I know i would much rather play in an Admiral server then MV just because it stay fresh and not everyone can spam stations and dreads, and the balance system.

Lie said, i think it can work, just not on MV.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-04-29 19:57   
We should stop suggest thing which would obligates game system to return older patches. There is no reason to do something like that. An admiral server with platforms ,shipyards, AIs and 100 people in it ...Sounds epic fail to me... Also even with an admiral server i still think lobby would have more campers than people playing in admiral server.. So what difference it would make?

No.....

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-29 20:29   
Quote:

On 2009-04-29 19:57, Pakhos wrote:
We should stop suggest thing which would obligates game system to return older patches. There is no reason to do something like that. An admiral server with platforms ,shipyards, AIs and 100 people in it ...Sounds epic fail to me... Also even with an admiral server i still think lobby would have more campers than people playing in admiral server.. So what difference it would make?

No.....

This post makes no sense to me....

1. there is no need to return the system to any older patches to return the admiral server...

2. there is very good reason for something like this it would help focus the already tiny playerbase in a smaller area increasing pvp...

3. An admiral server with platforms ,shipyards, AIs and 100 people in it??? this makes no sense; Admiral sevrers do not have AI, platforms are built by people, shipyards have always been a possibility for Shipyards, you just have to do alot of work and fast... and as for 100 people??? what??? If we had 100 people we wouldn't need it so this makes no sense...

4 lobby campers will lobby camp til the lobby dies... there is no changing it... but people only lobby camp out of boredom. if the game was funner, perhaps with the epic WIN of scenarios? maybe some lobby campers will clean up camp and go hunting in admiral

[ This Message was edited by: Dark JBud on 2009-04-29 20:31 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-04-29 20:56   
AD/FA servers will be epic fail with the way building is these days.

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-29 21:17   
1. there is no need to return the system to any older patches to return the admiral server...
I think he just means that scenario servers are a vestige of a past version.

2. there is very good reason for something like this it would help focus the already tiny playerbase in a smaller area increasing pvp...
By adding another server...

this makes no sense; Admiral sevrers do not have AI,...
Admiral servers never HAD AI in the past. But save for some Gaifen in like 2003, neither did the MV, so that's hardly an argument.

shipyards have always been a possibility for [scenarios], you just have to do alot of work and fast...
yeah, a lot of work. and like 80 minutes of waiting, assuming you can build the research immediately.

4 lobby campers will lobby camp til the lobby dies... there is no changing it... but people only lobby camp out of boredom. if the game was funner, ... lobby campers will clean up camp and go hunting in admiral
Please tell me you intended this blatant contradiction as a bit of irony?

I'll agree that scenarios were once fairly epic. I enjoyed them for a long time. But with the changes the game has seen - to building, as pointed out, among other things - i just don't see it working all that well.

Email Shigernafy
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-29 21:48   

By adding another server...
Yes, the small amount of time admiral was around for 1.5 most people logged into it instead of the MV as far as I saw...

this makes no sense; Admiral sevrers do not have AI,...
Admiral servers never HAD AI in the past. But save for some Gaifen in like 2003, neither did the MV, so that's hardly an argument.
The little bit of time Admiral was around (im pretty sure this was after the implementing of AI cant exactly remember) there was no AI

4 lobby campers will lobby camp til the lobby dies... there is no changing it... but people only lobby camp out of boredom. if the game was funner, ... lobby campers will clean up camp and go hunting in admiral
Please tell me you intended this blatant contradiction as a bit of irony?
I pretty much ment it as a little bit of fun may motivate the lobby campers to play - and suggesting that admiral could be tthis fun

oh and what's wrong with building? I haven't really built many planets recently so yea..

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-04-29 22:13   
I think a scenario server with a rank cap of 1st Rear Admiral is a good idea for new players to learn how to play the game.
The beginners server is a waste of space.

but i say NO

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-30 07:46   
The first rather large gap is between Vice Admiral and Admiral, how about to move onto Admiral you have to have one a set number of Admiral matches, but the Admiral server will be integrated into the MV as one system, it would run every 40 mins and as many or as little people can join. You could even increase prestige gain by a few % for those whom are Vice Admiral.

And no removing of clans, darkspace is based around clan and fleet action.

Eitherway I don't see this thread going anywhere far, removing clans would be ripping out the heart of darkspace, adding more servers would further dilute the already small population and on the note of overpopulated clans, well tough, this game is designed for more members, if people want to join a clan and they take over the MV, they're going to get bored and change clan or faction.

Need to stop restricting players in their choices, treating them less like kids and letting them do what they want, if they want a crap gaming experience then all sit around in a fleet, otherwise get into another faction and have fun.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-04-30 11:58   
In fact , admiral servers were only good about having instant action. People used to start fighting from frigates to dreads , and last 10 mins used to access to stations. But this is would kill mv , in this current stage darkspace finds itself now. You should consider , the time that took coding , and the money Palestar invested on current system. Every balance issue we talked until today, or every weapon layout, shipyard suggestions were meant for metaverse. If we put back admiral servers Faustus will need to change alot of things from current code or code something new. And you know how long is two weeks for darkspace.

I still think admiral servers could be back if we had 500 people playing this game actively . Otherwise, bringing back admiral servers will kill metaverse. In fact, this is the one of the reason faustus removed admiral servers. To take people into a bigger server where action never ends. Unfortunetly , things didnt come out as faustus planed. There were many mistakes , and no time (been "almost" 10 years from first beta) to invest on darkspace has let many old players to run to other games.

I dont expect miracles like we are going to have 10000 active players on anyday but i have fate about we can get this up around a few hundred with goods publicity.

peace

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-04-30 13:32   
Pak, i can see your concern about an Admiral server killing the MV, but as it is now, MV has beeen through a car crash and is now brain dead on life support, and shows no sign of comming back any time soon.
The reason we are suggesting the Admiral Server is to bring the fiew players we have left into a smaller server, where combat is faster, things get reset, and you get a new start every two hours or so, so it would keep people interested in playing longer.
As is i am only actually logging onto the GCQL to cheak whats up and post because i find the MV dead, and no fun to play, and i think a fiew other people might view it the same way.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-30 17:58   
About scenario servers; it is possible to run a slightly adjusted map whereby a few "inhabited" planets are prebuilt with limited tech, resources, ect on the neutral faction, through a script, for both sides to captur "boosting" them if you will; solving the building issue. However, like the MV, scenario servers rely on players, which are currently severely lacking.

[ This Message was edited by: "Sensitvity" on 2009-04-30 17:59 ]

Email Sens [R33]
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-30 18:03   
well problem is, as far as I know... Chromix wasn't able to make any structure scripts work, in fact not only did they not work they crashed the server each time he tried, so while it is a nice idea I don't think it will work

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-30 18:23   
Creating structures is not much different than spawning ships; provided the hex location can't be chosen. Defense bases can also be spawned; provided you spawn the gadgets(weapons) too, else they wont fire.

Email Sens [R33]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.027178 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR