No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » Duel Tournament Bracket Predictions
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Duel Tournament Bracket Predictions
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-21 22:41   
Alright, I decided to avoid seeding, since it just makes things needlessly complicated and don't seem to add a lot to the experience. However, I have a bracket for your predictions.

I went with a Google Doc. It doesn't require logging in, so anyone can edit it. I figured this would be easier than an image or trading files or long typed lists. What to do, then:

First, read all these instructions. Screwing up my spreadsheet just means I'll disqualify you and be annoyed at you for a while too.

When you load the spreadsheet, you'll see lots of boxes and colors. Ignore that for now, though its very easy to grasp.

Before you type anything, go to the bottom of the screen and click on the [DS Ladder v] button. In the popup thing, click Duplicate. Now click on the [Copy of DS Ladder v] you just created and choose Rename. Change its name to your username. This is now your predictions.

Don't screw with other people's predictions. Make your own, then make edits on it.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pf6MGrh-cF0v47LxkoiBpSA

The bracket is vertical because of the way that Google merges cells. Hopefully this is obvious to you, but just fill in the name of the person you want to win in the next larger box above or below the pair of names who are competing.
For example, Nemesis and Jim Starluck are the first match. If you think Jim will win, just type his name in the box on row 2 below his name. If you think he'll win the entire tournament, type his name in rows 3, 4, and 6 as well.

Other things you should notice:

Points are awarded for correct guesses for each match. The number of points awarded per guess in each round is provided on the right; the number increases as the tournament progresses. If you get all the guesses in a given round correct, you earn the points for them plus the bonus points provided behind the +. So in the first round, each correct prediction earns 2 points. If you get all predictions correct, you'll have 8 points, plus 4 bonus points. Each side of the bracket is considered its own round. Only for the semifinals do you have to get both sides of the bracket correct to earn the bonus points -- since there's only one guess per side, it hardly makes sense to give bonus points for it, after all.

Prizes are explained in the spreadsheet, but basically you can win 10 times your points in bonus prestige and one tenth your points in days subscription -- so a perfect score will net you 1000 prestige and 10 days sub. All sub days will be rounded up (ie, 21 points will get you 3 days).

You may also provide a wager. Enter this on line 13 in the box to the right of "Wager:". This will be deducted from your profile before the tournament begins and held in escrow. At the end of the tournament, all wagers will be pooled and distributed as per the formula provided: 60% goes to the highest point earner, 30% to the second highest, and 10% to the third. Note that even if you win a place, you will not lose prestige - if you wager 500 pres and the pool only makes it to 1000 but you get 3rd place, you will automatically win your 500 pres back, instead of 100. (Palestar will provide any of this additional prestige)

I reserve the right to refuse or modify wagers. So don't expect to be able to wager 100,000 prestige. And wagers cannot be debt-financed, so you cannot wager something you don't have and go negative.

Please confirm your wager with me before the Tournament, so I know it wasn't edited in by someone else and you're alright with losing that prestige for the duration of the competition. If I can't reach you or don't hear from you, your wager will be voided. The easiest way to meet this requirement is via a forum private message --- note that /sends may not be noticed so make sure you get a confirmation from me if you /send me.

More rules may be posted before the end of the contest, as the situation warrants.

Oh, the contest closes an hour before the tournament, to allow time to deduct the wagers before any fighting begins. I will be removing the ability to edit the page at that point.

If you have any questions, concerns, comments, fan mail, hate mail, free massage coupons... post here and I'll try to answer them as I can.
[ This Message was edited by: Shigernafy on 2009-04-21 22:41 ]

Email Shigernafy
mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-04-22 00:24   
Done .. of course i predicted myself lol

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-22 01:00   
Submitted mine, and mbllanes, I noticed your wager, the max is 100 prestige.

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-22 01:54   
Submitted mine, the wager is 100 prestige. And a cookie depending on my mood.

mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-04-22 02:45   
Quote:

On 2009-04-22 01:00, JBud wrote:
Submitted mine, and mbllanes, I noticed your wager, the max is 100 prestige.

thanks .. change it to 100 wager ..

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-22 06:22   
oh, sorry -- the 100 max is referring to the point total you can get for the predictions, not the wager.

I'll edit the position of that to make it clearer.

Email Shigernafy
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-22 06:30   
oh okay I thought it was the max wager, I assume there must be a max wager of some sort though wut is it?

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-22 06:43   
I haven't decided yet. I am willing to be flexible, but at some point I will probably say "er, no, that's too much..." At the moment its just a gut thing.

That said, its definitely a four digit number. I'm just not sure how big of one.

Also, I forgot to mention it, though hopefully its obvious: contenders can play, but if I get the impression you "threw" a match in order to further your own prediction, you'll be disqualified. I find this unlikely, but might as well mention it.

Email Shigernafy
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-22 17:31   
By that you mean someone who bet against themselves then intentionally lost?

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-22 17:49   
Basically, yeah. There might be other ways to game the system, but that's the easiest way to do it.

Email Shigernafy
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-22 17:55   
There's this nifty little thing called discretion

[ This Message was edited by: -Sensitivity- on 2009-04-22 18:17 ]

Email Sens [R33]
DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-04-22 20:18   
Ok done my wager

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-04-23 12:21   
Kluth really think they are the best..
All of the kluth players betted that for every match, a kluth player would win if possible.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-04-23 13:06   
Quote:

On 2009-04-23 12:21, Sixkiller wrote:
Kluth really think they are the best..
All of the kluth players betted that for every match, a kluth player would win if possible.

Hell yes we are the best. If any of you dont think we are the best , place your bet and let us see what you think. So we can come back after event and laugh our arse off !!

BET BET BET BET!(got balls?)

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-23 16:09   
Well, K'Luth are good in numbers.... That's what may be giving you this false feeling of superiority... Alone a K'Luth is not much better than any others, in-fact I would guess UGTO have the most advantage

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.017865 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR