No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +16.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » My response to JBud's challange.
 Author My response to JBud's challange.
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-18 18:51   
O.K. Now, Jbud challanged me to come up with a idea for an event, ect, ect... and it will be something that everyone can participate in. I mean everyone. The more the merrier.

Here is my idea: Royal Rumble.

So this is how it is going to work.

1. You can enter into each match equal to your rank. Scouts, Frigates, Destroyers, Cruisers, and Dreads. Maybe even stations...

2. Every one in the match will start in the same area, think within a boundary of 1000 gu's of a gate. With luck the gate can be shut off, or it could be a sensor plat, or what have you. Can put plats or something 1000 gu's out from the whatevers in the center. That will be the maximum distance allowed from the centre, if you go out of the ring you are gone, if you are destroyed gone, and the last player standing so to speak wins (prizes to the determined by the palestar staff).

3. Ships will be out of the box (SY spawn, as is). 2 classes will be ICC ships, 2 classes will be UGTO, and 2 classes will be K'luth. Ship types yet to be determined.

4.Once out of the ring you will have to self destruct, and if you want to watch go into observe. Your ship is destroyed, same thing into observe. Till the next match if you have the rank.

So that is the basic idea, every one can participate, up to your rank, last player standing wins the class, and I think you know the rest, it is EVERY MAN, WOMAN, CHILD FOR THEM SELVES.

Should only take a couple of hours to run through all the classes.

So lets here what you have to say.
[ This Message was edited by: El Guapo on 2009-04-19 17:46 ]

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-18 19:58   
Was more of a task, favor, or whatever than a challange, but nice work. I intend to attend.
-JBud

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-18 20:39   
Quote:

On 2009-04-18 19:58, JBud wrote:
Was more of a task, favor, or whatever than a challange, but nice work. I intend to attend.
-JBud

Well I took it as a challange, but then I would like to thank you for liking the idea, hope everyone has fun.

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-04-18 21:52   
Just because I've got a raging sinus inflammation-irritation-whatever over my right eye: Challenge.

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-18 23:25   
Quote:

On 2009-04-18 21:52, Sardaukar wrote:
Just because I've got a raging sinus inflammation-irritation-whatever over my right eye: Challenge.

? Go see the doctor, think he will up your meds...

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-19 00:07   
Quote:

On 2009-04-18 18:51, El Guapo wrote:

2.Every one in the match will start in the same area, think within a boundary of 1000 gu's of a gate. With luck the gate can be shut off, or it could be a sensor plat, or what have you. Can put plats or something 1000 gu's out from the whatevers in the center. That will be the maximum distance allowed from the centre, if you go out of the ring you are gone, if you are destroyed gone, and the last player standing so to speak wins (prizes to the determined by the palestar staff).

Question: so these are duels? just 1 v 1 non-tournament style(each match has a prize instead of the tournament ladder thing)?

Also, on the order of prizes, concidering there will be alot of them (depending on the amount of participants, and depending on your answer to my first question) I would suggest that they be something like 200-400 prestige, and maybe a few days playtime - scaling up or down depending on ship class.

of course you have to get admin approval but giving them an idea of what you want is good - and not to mention having something about them in the post attracts participants

4.Once out of the ring you will have to self destruct, and if you want to watch go into observe. Your ship is destroyed, same thing into observe. Till the next match if you have the rank.

Is this to prevent interferance or what?

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-04-19 00:08 ]

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-04-19 00:15 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-19 07:15   
Quote:

3.Ships will be out of the box (SY spawn, as is), so for the frigate, it would be one type of ship for the ICC, one type for the K'luth, and one type for the UGTO. The same will be done for all the classes.

sounds like a 1 vs 1 vs 1 furrball. so a 3 man free for all? I like it.

As far as a self destruct, that wouldn't be necessary with a mod there. He can do a kick, which will painlessly push the player back to the lobby. No harm done.

If, that is, a staff member can be present.

If there is, I'll sign up.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-04-19 07:17 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-19 10:59   
Quote:

On 2009-04-19 00:07, JBud wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-04-18 18:51, El Guapo wrote:

2.Every one in the match will start in the same area, think within a boundary of 1000 gu's of a gate. With luck the gate can be shut off, or it could be a sensor plat, or what have you. Can put plats or something 1000 gu's out from the whatevers in the center. That will be the maximum distance allowed from the centre, if you go out of the ring you are gone, if you are destroyed gone, and the last player standing so to speak wins (prizes to the determined by the palestar staff).

Question: so these are duels? just 1 v 1 non-tournament style(each match has a prize instead of the tournament ladder thing)?

Also, on the order of prizes, considering there will be alot of them (depending on the amount of participants, and depending on your answer to my first question) I would suggest that they be something like 200-400 prestige, and maybe a few days playtime - scaling up or down depending on ship class.

of course you have to get admin approval but giving them an idea of what you want is good - and not to mention having something about them in the post attracts participants

Is this to prevent interferance or what?

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-04-19 00:08 ]

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-04-19 00:15 ]

In answer to your first question, if 50 people enter the scout class, then 50 people start at the same time, last contestant remaining wins, if there are 30 in the cruiser then 30 start and (there are no factions, there are no friends, although you can try and work with some people... right see if that lasts very long). Really this is just going to be carnage on a grand scale .

Think above answers your second...

In regards to the prizes, that would depend on what palestar is willing to put up... there at the most will be 6 classes, the prizes would be equal (so if palestar puts up 2400 in prez that would equal 400 prez for each class.
The same would go for play time, they put up a total of 30 days for play time then the winner of a class would receive 5 days... and no I think it should be the same prize for each class, the only thing is the more rank you have the more chances you have to win.

In regards to the admins, I believe that a few should be involved as ref's, they see you come out of the ring so to speak they can tell you and then you would have to stop shooting and self destruct.... unless you are honest and do it your self, but in the heat of battle...

In regards to observe, yes it would be for that reason, and for the fact that I beleive it would just be a better seat (view) for the carnage...

Also as posted, the ring size could be decreased, or increased by 250 gu's depending on the class... but that will come with input from everyone.

Also it would be held in beta, you could pick any faction, you could be ICC 1 round, UGTO next, or could say for Destroyer class it would be UGTO, for Curiser ICC, for Station K'luth.

The more I think about it the more I am liking the latter, ICC ship for 1 class, UGTO for another, ect. That way all contestants have equal ships and an equal chance. It would also mean that ICC would get ships for 2 of the classes, UGTO 2 classes, and the same for K'luth.

Hope this answers all your questions.

[ This Message was edited by: El Guapo on 2009-04-19 11:09 ]

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-19 14:40   
CAGEMATCH!!

Email Sens [R33]
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-19 14:45   
hellyea
I'm in on this,
Do you plan to host it yourself?

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-19 15:22   
1kgu is OK although a bit constraining, depending on the maneuvers the players intend to execute.

Email Sens [R33]
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-04-19 15:57   
not really, you're looking at an area 2kgu across, or if you wanna get nitpicky, something on the order of 3.14million gu^2 to move around in.

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-04-19 16:40   
im game count me in

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-19 16:51   
Quote:

On 2009-04-19 14:45, JBud wrote:
hellyea
I'm in on this,
Do you plan to host it yourself?

Yes I would be willing to host it, but that would really be up to the staff...

Page created in 0.019007 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR