Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » K'Luth Hit and Run Competition [-Event Planning-]
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author K'Luth Hit and Run Competition [-Event Planning-]
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-14 11:33   
Contestants from any class of K'Luth ships will be placed against an even idleish ship, flying randomly, near a strongly defended planet, They will be judged by their ability to point jump, strike, and escape. The closer the jump is, more damage, and fastest escape will get you a higher score.

There will be 5 judges that will give a score rating from 1 - 10

There will be 3 rounds, the contestant with the highest cumulative score wins.

Positive/constructive feedback only!
[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-04-14 14:27 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2009-04-14 14:08   
can i be judge

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-14 18:12   
Except jump-exits are randomised lately, as I recall.
[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2009-04-14 18:12 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-04-14 21:45   
Quote:

On 2009-04-14 18:12, Bardiche wrote:
Except jump-exits are randomised lately, as I recall.
[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2009-04-14 18:12 ]

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-14 21:51   
oh boy, so it's more challanging??? I happen to do great at hit and run, I dunno why native K'Luth cannot...

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-15 04:27   
Random means no skill involved...

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-07-03 16:12 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-15 04:39   

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-04-26 21:31 ]

mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-04-15 04:53   
i see a bloody nose lol .....

as a side note... with Az just have said....

why not do a battle with equal ships ... same faction ships.

EAD vs EAD, AD vs AD, Siphon vs Siphon.. so on .. it will be held in beta so no press loss or friendly fire press loss...

[ This Message was edited by: mbllanes. on 2009-04-15 04:54 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-15 05:19   

sorry to double post. Was thinking of a good K'luth competition. It would be fighting 2vs2. Probably the one thing that nobody seems to factor into the K'luth fighting style is the use of the wingman/leadman system. We ALWAYS fight in pairs. Maybe some type of a 2 vs 2 competition would be more geared towards K'luth fighting. Just an idea. Wouldn't be a K'luth only contest, but that's ok. It would find more interest in the K'luth community than the idea of a hit and run competition, I think.

This makes me wanna cry out for the old fleet servers that you could fight vs same faction. The hardest duels were always between Kluth fleets as we could all cloak. (ps. fleet wars was one reason some of us older vets understand the basics of hunting cloaked ships, even tho we never fly human ships. We had to do it during fleet wars, using Kluth ships vs K'luth ships )

Of course, if we had a battle like this, Wolf would win by default

Just a side thought. Attempting to be constructive. Your event tho.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-07-03 16:12 ]

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-15 09:46   
Fleet wars server is a possibility, just not yet. Still looking into it....

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-15 10:15   
Quote:

On 2009-04-15 04:39, Azreal wrote:
sorry to double post. Was thinking of a good K'luth competition. It would be fighting 2vs2. Probably the one thing that nobody seems to factor into the K'luth fighting style is the use of the wingman/leadman system. We ALWAYS fight in pairs. Maybe some type of a 2 vs 2 competition would be more geared towards K'luth fighting. Just an idea. Wouldn't be a K'luth only contest, but that's ok. It would find more interest in the K'luth community than the idea of a hit and run competition, I think.

This makes me wanna cry out for the old fleet servers that you could fight vs same faction. The hardest duels were always between Kluth fleets as we could all cloak. (ps. fleet wars was one reason some of us older vets understand the basics of hunting cloaked ships, even tho we never fly human ships. We had to do it during fleet wars, using Kluth ships vs K'luth ships )

Of course, if we had a battle like this, Wolf would win by default

Just a side thought. Attempting to be constructive. Your event tho.

SPOILER ALERT:
I have a team event already in the making, It is in the early stages, and probably wont be posted for a few weeks...

This will not be the same as the Battle Royale for team selection, Team ships will be assigned and players can sign up for a role to play. It will not be a 2 on 2 event but closer to 10 vs 10 with ranging ships from scout to station with differant roles to play... The battle will be over a planet, that belongs to the Rebels(revolted), and will be on a time limit.. There's a couple ways to win, you can either defeat your entire enemy team, control the planet at the end of the alotted time, or capture the team's captain*...

* Only CAPTURING the team captain will be a way to win, problem is, you don't know witch ship is the captain (captains will be assigned by me at the start of the event)(captains have no real leadership role, they are just the wild card thrown into the deck for another way to win)

This is the info I have written down so far, I will also have a nice backstory and a few twists....

There will probably be a large prize of some sort to the team, between the ten members possibly 12,000 prestige, 70-100 days playtime (split between the team, obviously), and a few other things, I dunno. As I said this is in the EARLY stages (tip of the iceburg is when its posted and ran - underneathe theres all the planning, and discussions, and blah)

There may be multiple battles if so, it will be tournament style until only 1 team remains...
[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-04-15 10:16 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-15 12:16   
Quote:

On 2009-04-14 21:51, JBud wrote:
oh boy, so it's more challanging??? I happen to do great at hit and run, I dunno why native K'Luth cannot...

Quite frankly, this display of astounding arrogance is an affront to me. Please get a reality check.

Love,

Bardiche.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-15 16:44   
Bardiche I do fine with point jumps, it seems to be they falloff due to lag or something, (you would see yourself jump to the proper position then get pulled back suddenly) I only see it happen when my framerate is low, my ping is high, or I jump into a hueg combat situation

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-15 17:06   
I meant the assertion that "native K'Luth" cannot do great at point jumps in response to my statement that jump exits have been randomised lately.

First and foremost the capability of K'Luth players to point-jump wasn't even being contested. Yet you choose to elevate yourself above them by indiscriminately saying that NO "native K'Luth" can do great at point jumping.

Frankly that is extremely conceited and arrogant. Please do not abuse comments I make as your portal to make underhanded jabs at people who have nothing to do whatsoever with the comment.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-15 18:39   
Point jumping is one of the worst things you can do as kluth when alone or even in pairs unless the following conditions are met: you exit 180~gu away from enemy, the enemy is not in a ship with balanced arcs, you are behind the enemy(aft, left aft, right aft, general area to avoid weapon arcs), and you are matching the enemies speed. That being said, a single alpha strike will ever criple an opponent, and no K'luth can afford to stay uncloacked, firing at will without putting itself at a disadvantage in terms of damage control and energy if stationary. Even if you jump in moving, you will still put yourself at considerable risk, because your weapons will only do damage as long the enemy is in their weapon arc meaning if you come in too fast and close, you will have wasted your energy and sustained more damage than given, or if you come in too slow/far, you will expose your ship for longer than necessary, giving your opponent more time to slam your ship. Just because you can "do" hit and run does not mean it is a good tactic; if point jumping was truly the best kluth tactic, you would see it being used more often would you not? When players adapt, they typically advance. Rarely do you see a faction purposely disadvantage themselves.

[ This Message was edited by: -Sensitivity- on 2009-04-15 18:39 ]

Email Sens [R33]
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018543 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR