Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » King of the Hill.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author King of the Hill.
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-10 21:31   
Quote:

I will have you know jbud that I am growen up, and I wish you would quit using Wikipedia as a reference source, really it can be edited by anyone so the information you are quoting is suspect.

(Wikipedia is written collaboratively by volunteers from all around the world; anyone can edit it. Every day, hundreds of thousands of visitors from around the world collectively make tens of thousands of edits and create thousands of new articles to augment the knowledge held by the Wikipedia encyclopedia.)

so please refrain from using wikipedia, do some work and reference things properly...

You're off topic.
[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-04-10 21:33 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-10 22:03   
Quote:

On 2009-04-09 05:39, JBud wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-04-08 22:30, Fattierob wrote:

???

Read.

Quote:

King of the Hill (also known as "King of the Mountain" or "King of the Castle"), is a game, the object of which is to stay on top of a large hill or pile (or any other designated area) as the "King of the Hill". Other players attempt to knock the current King off of the pile and take their place, thus becoming the new King of the Hill.

The way the "king" can be removed from the hill depends largely on the rules determined by the players before the game starts. Ordinarily pushing is the most common way of removing the king from the hill, but there are significantly rougher variations where punching or kicking is allowed. As such, the game is often banned from schools.

King of the Hill is also a method of play in airsoft and the "woodsball" variant of paintball.

King of the Hill has been featured as a game variant in many video games, especially first person shooters like Halo: Combat Evolved and the more traditional Perfect Dark. It's also an option in some top-down games, such as many of those in the Army Men series. In these versions of the game, a player or team of players must keep control of a specific area or object for a predetermined amount of time. When that amount of time is reached, the round either ends or a new area is designated on the map. In the virtual variant, players are generally removed from the hill by killing them.

King of the Hill is also a popular game on Internet forums in which the posters take the hill from the previous poster, only for it (usually) to be taken away by the next, and so on.
Source: Wikipedia

This idea is an alteration of this game.
[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-04-09 05:40 ]

Like I said I thought I saw a wabbit

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-10 22:15   
Would you like to suggest a better source? Is wikipedia's version of king of the hill not suitable for you?
ffs, the source matters not it is a common game I already knew about, I didn't even look it up on wiki until I fattierob seemed to not know what it was... I'm done replying to this topic until after the tournament, and since shig unlocked this thread after I closed it I guess you guys can continue complaining on...

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-04-10 22:17 ]

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-10 23:42   
Here Jbud is really what this is all about, I really do not think that by excluding a faction in an event that, that is going to promote well being in the tight if not slightly eccentric community of Darkspace. Some of the people have been around here for along time, and as Shig said yes in the old days there where human only servers, where they held human only events, but if you look around that is not the way it is set up now. If that is what Fauastas had wanted for the game then that is the way the game would be...

But really, are you at some point going to exclude the ICC faction from an event, or the UGTO faction... I really doubt that, and so do most of the k'luth players (if not all). Could you imagine the out cry if you where to exclued the human factions from an event.

If you want to build any credibility with the community I believe you better be able to include all factions in your events, or you can exclude factions. Your choice.

I play as K'luth, I am in a fleet. I do not spend time in the ICC or UGTO ships, so to exclude my faction from an event would be forcing me in to a human ship (if I where to bother), and that would be putting me at a disavantage from the get go, as with all the players that play k'luth and that are not faction hoppers.

One other thing and keep this in mind, according to the staff of palestar, the factions are balanced, no faction has any real advantage over the others, it is balanced. For every strength that a faction has, an opposing faction has a counter to that strength. There by negating any prceived advantage.

I think the real thing about the events are to get together as a community and have some friendly, healthy, and fun competition.

One last thing, just keep this in mind JBud, this is a Three, not a Two faction game. If you really want to exclude any faction from an event then do so.

Do you see any of the points that I am trying to convey to you Dude...

[ This Message was edited by: El Guapo on 2009-04-10 23:45 ]

[ This Message was edited by: El Guapo on 2009-04-11 11:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: El Guapo on 2009-04-11 11:32 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-04-11 00:05   
Depends on the story line there may be an event between only 2 factions. There is nothing wrong about it . But if you want to code some script for kluth cloak for an event because you think Kluth cloak is uber for this kind of events, well it is plain dumb.

Anyway , how bad or how good are events , only jbud shows effort in them. We are totally free to join or not to join to the events. Personally, i only join the events which may give me hard time . There many things I dont agree with Jbud. Also I may not like his personality or viceversa. But whenever he puts effort in a good event ,I, as a Ds vet, will join to give other players a real hard time to breath. I think , grand tournament gonna be awesome.

Now Jbud , what i would like to see is a grand tournament every 3 months or so. Let the champion hold his/her title until the next event and next event winner will face to champion for the title.

Peace

AtomicChuck
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-11 00:12   
Not to try and perpetuate the issue of Kluth or no kluth, but @ El Guapo .... do you not see the validity to the point that kluth, with their cloak and modded with ECM could theoretically cluster together within the "zone that is designated as the Hill" and cloak for the entire length of time that it takes for the ICC and UGTO forces to wear each other down to the point that then all the kluth would have to do would be to un-cloak and mop up?????

Without some sort of "great equalizer" to make the kluth as visible and vulnerable to all detection and weapons fire as the other two factions, they would have a considerable and decided advantage in this type of event.

In the grand scheme of DS and the MV, the kluth are as vital a component of the game as the other two factions. In this particular scenario, the kluth would have a serious advantage that would constitute, for all intents and purposes, a win by default.

You would be able to "hide behind your cloak" long enough as to make the outcome laughable.

By the same token, to prohibit your usage of cloak, within the constraints of this particular scenario, would subject you to an unfair disadvantage given the fact that "cloak is a vital and necessary component of your armor".

Therein lies the conflict ...... the hit & run nature of the kluth with their stealth capabilities do not fit within the constraints of this type of scenario .... plain and simple ...... and to paraphrase one of your compatriots ........

'Nuff said

To try and confine them to a specific set of tactics that they are not suited to and equipped for is unfair, whichever way you spin it.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-11 01:03   
OMG you people make me wish we could all just agree to swap factions for a month, so we can show you how to play your factions.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-11 01:46   
There are enough people to play? Whoh.

Mind has been blown, brb in a few days.

-Ent

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-11 05:25   
K'Luth are the odd ones out, with little similarities to the humans, while UGTO and ICC, are quite closely related...

It's not personal so STOP taking it that way for real.

As a note, I have done a small K'Luth only event before, though it was never posted or announced, During the last free trial, 7 K'Luth were sighted in the MetaVerse by a few human pilots who got away in escape pods after being attacked by these 5 Siphons, Mandible and Krill. The names reported were
Assassin I, Assassin II, Assassin III, Assassin IV, Assassin IV, Assassin IV, and Assassin V, as well as two other K'Luth pilots. They wreaked havok and also wreaked Reek Havoc..
The assassins of course one was me, and the others were some people that were in Ventrillo with me at the time...

I have also thought of K'Luth hit and run competitions, to see who can point-jump, strike, and escape... It would be judged by how close the point jump was, how much damage was delt, and how fast they escape. if you want more info I posted a news report here but this is later down the line, and will probably be after the king of the hill event.

K'Luth aren't being left out, I just haven't gotten to them yet, I will I assure you, after all how hard is it really to set up an event for the funnest faction in darkspace?

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-04-11 07:01 ]

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-11 10:54   
Quote:

On 2009-04-11 05:25, JBud wrote:
K'Luth are the odd ones out, with little similarities to the humans, while UGTO and ICC, are quite closely related...

It's not personal so STOP taking it that way for real.

As a note, I have done a small K'Luth only event before, though it was never posted or announced, During the last free trial, 7 K'Luth were sighted in the MetaVerse by a few human pilots who got away in escape pods after being attacked by these 5 Siphons, Mandible and Krill. The names reported were
Assassin I, Assassin II, Assassin III, Assassin IV, Assassin IV, Assassin IV, and Assassin V, as well as two other K'Luth pilots. They wreaked havok and also wreaked Reek Havoc..
The assassins of course one was me, and the others were some people that were in Ventrillo with me at the time...

I have also thought of K'Luth hit and run competitions, to see who can point-jump, strike, and escape... It would be judged by how close the point jump was, how much damage was delt, and how fast they escape. if you want more info I posted a news report here but this is later down the line, and will probably be after the king of the hill event.

K'Luth aren't being left out, I just haven't gotten to them yet, I will I assure you, after all how hard is it really to set up an event for the funnest faction in darkspace?

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-04-11 07:01 ]

Jbud, Dude, chill... please relax, quit squeezing your mouse so hard...

I am not taking this personally, I may just be adamant in regards to what I think and feel...

Question, and do not take this as an attack or the wrong way, but how can you have a unposted announce event. Maybe you should rephrase what you are calling it (like it was some play time in a server with some buds). Unless there where prizes, or awards given out, and if that is the case to whom and what.

Once again Jbud, I give you a hug, a shake of the hand, and a smack in the back of the head...

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-11 11:01   
Events are not about rewards and prizes. Just look up the very definition of event.

• something that happens at a given place and time

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-04-11 11:02 ]

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-11 11:18   
Quote:

On 2009-04-11 00:12, AtomicChuck wrote:
Not to try and perpetuate the issue of Kluth or no kluth, but @ El Guapo .... do you not see the validity to the point that kluth, with their cloak and modded with ECM could theoretically cluster together within the "zone that is designated as the Hill" and cloak for the entire length of time that it takes for the ICC and UGTO forces to wear each other down to the point that then all the kluth would have to do would be to un-cloak and mop up?????

Without some sort of "great equalizer" to make the kluth as visible and vulnerable to all detection and weapons fire as the other two factions, they would have a considerable and decided advantage in this type of event.

In the grand scheme of DS and the MV, the kluth are as vital a component of the game as the other two factions. In this particular scenario, the kluth would have a serious advantage that would constitute, for all intents and purposes, a win by default.

You would be able to "hide behind your cloak" long enough as to make the outcome laughable.

By the same token, to prohibit your usage of cloak, within the constraints of this particular scenario, would subject you to an unfair disadvantage given the fact that "cloak is a vital and necessary component of your armor".

Therein lies the conflict ...... the hit & run nature of the kluth with their stealth capabilities do not fit within the constraints of this type of scenario .... plain and simple ...... and to paraphrase one of your compatriots ........

'Nuff said

To try and confine them to a specific set of tactics that they are not suited to and equipped for is unfair, whichever way you spin it.

Well as any K'luth pilot know, it is not that hard for ICC and UGTO to find and damage you. It is amazing how, time after time being more than 800gu or farther out from an enemy to repeatedly be pounded, when you are cloaked and have a sig of 0.0, now if our cloak was so uber that would not be happening.

The ICC and the UGTO players have learned to counter on a better part our cloak, but people fail to mention this fact. It is not as easy as they say to be a k'luth pilot and remain alive.

If this event is, and, was, as is being suggested, held in a tight cluster then any avantage that people are screaming about is in fact non existant.

If you do not belive that go in to luyten as a k'luth and go travel between Mycopia and Michelle, if the UGTO are holding that cluster, go through there cloaked, go by there and decloak, see how long you last. See how close you can get, see how long it takes you to decloak and to cloak up

There I have offically slapped you in the face and have thrown down the gauntlet...

Oh and one other thing run as much ecm as you can, try it...

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-11 11:43   
Quote:

On 2009-04-11 11:01, JBud wrote:
Events are not about rewards and prizes. Just look up the very definition of event.

• something that happens at a given place and time

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-04-11 11:02 ]

JBud as far as I know, I may be wrong, but there have be prizes and awards given out in the past events? At least the ones that you have run (Sentri Levy, Station race).

Now then you had a play date with a few buds in a server then, it was not a k'luth only event... but, I would like to know about any k'luth only events that have been held and when they where held.

Thank you for your patience in this matter...

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-11 12:12   
Okay Guapo, I have a task for you... Write up an event include the details, rules, and stuff, and I will find the time to run it...

Or

Run your very own event, they are public events after all...

[ This Message was edited by: JBud on 2009-04-11 15:28 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-11 14:51   
You don't give me tasks. Neither of us are staff.

This event is the only one I questioned. The other was about having Event Staff of Palestar involved. And all I said of this one is, not good idea to have non cloaking K'luth.

If you are going to wear your feelings on your sleeve, you should wear longer sleeves.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024422 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR