No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +24.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Map Editor
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Map Editor
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-05 13:57   

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-04-26 20:07 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-05 20:54   
map editor removed for
Quote:
filling the server list with crappy maps -DS Staff

I am not happy with this decision or the reasoning.. It's offensive concidering my maps were better than the MV's, not to boast...

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal JBud *ADM* on 2009-04-05 22:08 ]

Email JBud   Goto the website of JBud
Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Chatting in 'DarkSpace English'

Posted: 2009-04-06 03:58   
true i had more fun on jbuds maps then the real mv maps
back then since the maintenace of march 2008 we had something called a fighterbug where in that case not all fighters would attack and mindlessly fly on.

but it wasnt the case on jbuds server or reeks server for the same matter

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-04-06 14:36   
Quote:

filling the server list with crappy maps -DS Staff

I for one miss out on the map editor myslef as i used it to make new systems and belive it or not i've even tested out some of my ship ideas in one person locked maps. This also might be why map editing was taken out as for people can make 20 am torp ships or beams or what ever weapon they wanted.

I feel strongly that the map editor SHOULD be fixed to work with the new versions, Be fixed to not allow ship editing, And no don't ask how i did it as i'm not teeling anyone. Except maybe Fautas or whom ever is fixing the editor.

I Did put up great maps minis metaverse maps that did draw people into and people played in even though i had no prestage gain on my maps. Many liked them as they were open to certain levels and locked out to others, Or i think they were, can not reamber much >.<

Anyways my two cents

Lenna "Jessie" Yamazaka

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-06 14:59   
hehe Just gimme the 483 map editor and alter it to open a localserver instead of published... I say don't change a thing about it just make it work with the 1.5xx client and work locally instead of on public servers

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-04-08 07:12   
It's not coming back.

It was diluting the server list with 'crappy' maps, and unofficial servers. Whilst this is outside of my scope, I can certainly understand (and agree) with the decision.

Whether a person or a small group of players believe a map is 'better' than the official one or not, is not the point. You can always make suggestions as to what we should do to make the game universe better for you.

The problem (and it is a large one), are players who are new to the game do not know what is what. It's just a random list of servers; ones of which they most probably think are in some way official and support the RoC entirely when they do not.

In the past when DarkSpace ran and supported scenario servers and maps, it was a useful tool. Nowadays it is just a gimick used for running servers and duplicating items on ships. This is not what it was intended for, and is not how it's meant to be used.

It has been decided that the map editor will no longer be available.

JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-08 15:18   
[insert repeated argument here]

Jack, I could answer everyone of those, and you would still find some reason, I know you said you didn't do this but I'm also sure you had a part in it... Even if it is just your stated opinion that the map editor is a waste of serverspace. It really sucks that everyone who used it properly is punished for other people dinking around.

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-08 18:27   
Map Editor was a waste of time, although if it was brought back it would have severe restrictions, as in, no coding, no scripts, just the maps unless you have certain flags that allow that.

I can only see private servers really for dueling, training, clan matches, so nothing special is needed.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
JBud
Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-09 02:40   
events? maybe? kindof a hueg problem I'm having is none of the staff seem to know how to change the map, or anything.

If the map editor was alive, I could load up a fleetwars map.

No worries about asking people to swap factions, already running it in beta, would make no change if it was in release and a non-ladder enabled map, not to mention I could have easily disconnected anyone who interfered.

The editor has soo many applications for use. Destroying it was the stupidest thing Palestar has done since they made the bombs for 1.483.

cctv dude99
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-09 06:23   
i have a simple idea. the maps are checked before they are put on. then it wont be filled with "crappy" maps just good ones

I will subscribe in Two Weeks™...

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-09 07:30   
Some staff do know how to edit maps, there are old fleetwar maps available which could be used, just look in the downloads section.

I think it was an un-neccesary thing to have, and if it was brought back, it would be simply a map editor, no AI, any code would be in .lua and you would have to have priviledges to use a /run command etc.

Besides at the end of 483 all we saw was 10 different servers all with about 50 AI toting around and as soon as you logged in you were given devices; not really the way forward, and although I know I contributed to it but it just seems you are trying to bring back pissing about with AI again.

Staff can make maps, which integrate within the MV, I'm sure fleetwars servers aren't hard to make in some distant part of the MV, without the need for every Tom, Dick and Harry to piddle about in a 50 engined scout blowing up dreads in their own private server, it merely detracts from gameplay.

On that note, maybe there could be an option that if two clans want to go head to head, a fleetwar is announced and a gate in the MV is activated that leads to another map, a simple fleetwars map, that can only be activated on request to staff by fleet admins.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-11 01:01   

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-04-26 20:08 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
cctv dude99
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-12 07:26   
i reckon the "player servers" would be a good idea, then if you were looking for official maps, you'd look in servers, for player maps, look in player servers, you would easily find the server you wanted. to make it easier you'd have a way to search for a server, so if a friend made a map, you'd look in player servers and search for the name of it.
why dont the staff just search through them and remove the rubbish ones, lets say every 2 weeks or so. possibly if someone finds a crappy map they can request to remove it. if there are loads of requests to remove it, then it would be removed, so if there was a "request to remove" function, then the staff wouldnt have to check them.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-04-12 21:33   
Quote:

On that note, maybe there could be an option that if two clans want to go head to head, a fleetwar is announced and a gate in the MV is activated that leads to another map, a simple fleetwars map, that can only be activated on request to staff by fleet admins.

Man, what a nice idea. Just choice the fleet on web and click "declarate war" and wait for other fleet to accept the challenge. Then official fleet war system or server get reserved by those 2 clans during 1 day or so. Not any system or counter to declarete a winner.Just statistic at the end of war, like how many res created by both fleets,kill, killed counts etc. Lets player take their own decision about who did win .

Like a special worm hole only can be used by current fleet members who are in the fleet war.

[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos on 2009-04-13 01:11 ]

cctv dude99
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-15 14:09   
only prob is that only subbed can enter/create a fleet, meaning that poor non subbed would be left out. that makes it kinda unfair and then it looks like everyone only gives a damn about subbed players...

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023212 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR