No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » kluth cloak
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author kluth cloak
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-03-14 22:29   

Your claim is refuted by the fact I don't play anymore. and I play each side equally. QQ

Then why are you even here, sense you don't play your opinion is void here.

scout vs dread. what are you complaining about? oh, right, the fact that the dread is attacking a scout

pro-gamer tip: scout can point jump more often then any other ship. Point Jump, beacon. Hide behind a larger ship. oh wait, that requires skill

wait, "pro-gamer", didn't you just say that you don't play, then how can you be a pro-gamer, once again your say has no voice here.

If you think ECCM isn't working enough, suggest a change to how ECCM effects cloak. otherwise, QQ.

One problem at a time, i am sure this problem will be suggested in the future.

pro-gamer tip: K'luth are meant to "abuse" cloak 'religiously'. how about ICC stop "abusing" shields "religiously' and UGTO stop "abusing" depots 'religiously'.

Lol, that is almost pathetic.
1.) shields are all the ICC have, try it sometime, you will see.
2.)the UGTO depot problem is being looked into already, now its the kluth turn.
3.) and whats this about "pro-gamer", the only thing you may be pro-gamer at is solitaire.

How about instead of going "nerf plz" you go "I need to learn how to play this faction how the developers wanted it to be played!"

oh wait, you don't like how any factions are meant to be played? Well, it was nice knowing you.

I didn't say anything about that, but i guess someone as desperate as you would resort to putting words into others mouths just for an excuse to open your own, oh and by the way, i think you should let the devs speak for themselves, sense you have no idea what they are planning for this game.

[ This Message was edited by: All Under Heaven on 2009-03-14 22:35 ]

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-15 03:39   
Quote:

On 2009-03-14 21:15, All Under Heaven wrote:
Ok, I can see how these things might be of surprise to all of you sense all of you never actually play anything else then the kluth. So here it goes.

1.) Scout within 500 gu of any kind of dread posing any kind of threat without cloak WILL die and it WILL die fast, probably faster then it can actually activate any kind of ECCM or throw out a becon.

2.) The ECCM on anything above frgt will only increase the time for a kluth cloak about 0.5 of a second, So if you really think that will do a lot, then try something other then the kluth, and you will be unpleasantly surprised.

3.) Now I can understand why non of you kluth would just love to not have any penalty for uncloaking for a half a second and unleash hell on a ship then re-cloak so they couldn't touch you (if they did something like that for the ICC i would defend it too) but you must think, this is having a negative effect on game play for the people trying to fight this. For most people killing a kluth A.I is a lot funner then killing a kluth real player just because the A.I doesn't abuse the cloak religiously and is somewhat kill-able.

So, instead of instantly attacking this thread, give it some thought. Because in my personal opinion this is becoming a problem.

I think you should try luth before u start rambing off...you have no idea on how things are for us.

1: if a scout is operated in the rigth way, we will never get to kill it.

2: The eccm is actuly in my opinion working way to good, atm we have to wait from 5 secs to 30 secs depening on how much eccm there is..30 secs, then u are to cloak again and it will take you 1 minute. Ofc this is the extreme situations and u do find times it takes from 1-2 secs to cloak, but thats rather smal ships that can do that. And it also works if the luth got a fleet with lots of ecm. But then we will never see a scout. And he can becon us like crazy.
Use the rigth ships for evry situation and ull see just how easy it is.

3: If u rather go killin AI`s coz its easier then killin luth ships is just wierd...dont u like challenges? why play a game when there is no challange? its like buying a game then go for the cheat codes and round the game..boring aint it.

So therefore try luth before complaining, actuly try all faction actuly before complaining..maybe ull find that your ships aint that bad after all.

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-15 05:49   
I have played kluth many of times, maybe not as much as others, but I still have a fair amount of time invested into the faction. When I have played I have found it to almost be too easy, one of the reason I don't make it my primary faction(its not a challenge).

And its not that I don't like a challenge, Its that I like to be on a fairish grounds with my enemy, Just imagine a chess game: and while you have all regular pieces your opponent pieces can all move like a queen. See how that could been seen unfair?

Now, if what you say is correct on how the kluth play & interact with ECCM or beacons, then they should have no problem with this. Its just a cool down timer that acts on the cloak individually. So the only reason you would need be afraid of it is if you are religiously abusing it, but other then that, there should be no issue.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-15 15:22   
first off:

/Facepalm

Now then:

Quote:

Then why are you even here, sense you don't play your opinion is void here.

Learn to 'sense' sarcasm, please.

Quote:

wait, "pro-gamer", didn't you just say that you don't play, then how can you be a pro-gamer, once again your say has no voice here.

See above. Also, anybody can make a tip for Pro-gamers. aren't you a pro-gamer?

Quote:

Lol, that is almost pathetic.
1.) shields are all the ICC have, try it sometime, you will see.
2.)the UGTO depot problem is being looked into already, now its the kluth turn.
3.) and whats this about "pro-gamer", the only thing you may be pro-gamer at is solitaire.

1) You are suggesting the nerf of something one side only has, and bases the entire concept of its faction around. Let's nerf shields too, then. because "ICC ships can rotate shields, I can't kill them in one hit, wtf halp"

2) I don't see the UGTO depot problem being looked into at all. Please point me where to? I want to dance on the grave of UGTO depot's

3) See above. Also, personal insults? Real mature.

Quote:

oh and by the way, i think you should let the devs speak for themselves, sense you have no idea what they are planning for this game.

I think you should "sense" how this relates to you starting this thread. Also, whoever said I was "speaking for the devs"?

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-16 07:45   
Dont forget even when we use ecm to help us cloak when we deactivate the ecm we reappear for a further 1-3 seconds (good oppurtunity for scouts to use eccm and beacons). So we have to be more aware of our surroundings if and when we need to fully cloak. Plus ecm is heavy on the resources especially after we sneak up on a player from behind which what we should be doing.
If you want tips on how to fight a kluth ship who cloaks and tries to sneak away under eccm, beacons, cloak time then ask Ken who flies for ugto. I found he makes a very good use of all of the above plus his ability to prediction firing is deadly and can and has made it very difficult to sneak away quietly and our fight as only half finished.
[ This Message was edited by: =Pegasus= on 2009-03-16 08:14 ]

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-16 12:10   
K'luth were never designed for large direct-combat battles, they were designed for smaller wolf packs that needed co-ordination or death. Of course, the cloak just emphasises this. We are faster and more powerful, but will 9 times out of ten lose to an equivelent ship one-on-one without cloak unless it has the element of surprise, and is behind it.

So, um, yeah.

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-17 15:53   
No one is questioning the way in witch the kluth play, its just how some of their actions are preformed.

The main reason for this thread is this exactly:
" I realy think that the kluth cloak device should be set on a cool down timer once deactived just like all other ship sytems."

The reasons have been stated above in other posts, And they are all valid ones. And i personally do believe that this is well needed, And would fix some combat issues that the other 2 Factions have run into in the past.

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-18 09:01   
Quote:

On 2009-03-17 15:53, All Under Heaven wrote:
No one is questioning the way in witch the kluth play, its just how some of their actions are preformed.

The main reason for this thread is this exactly:
" I realy think that the kluth cloak device should be set on a cool down timer once deactived just like all other ship sytems."

The reasons have been stated above in other posts, And they are all valid ones. And i personally do believe that this is well needed, And would fix some combat issues that the other 2 Factions have run into in the past.

Totally invalid imho, you really need to play K'luth under combat status, and I mean combat status by in a fleet battle against ICC or UGTO where more than half half a dozen ships are involved or close to planets where sensor platforms are in place. You will see that K'luth already have their "cooldown" so to speak with the use of the time limit they have to wait for the cloak to be fully functional, can be 10 seconds to up to a minute depending on several factors, this can be reduced marginally by the use of ECM. Inputting another cooldown will be downright unecessary and unrealistic. You just seem to be ignoring this important point the K'luth players are trying to put across to you in this thread.

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-18 15:12   
well, that is all very convient, so to say "If you where fighting an entrenched enemy that has many ships with specific items to slow down the cloak" what about the rest of the time when all of those things arnt in play. Are you suggesting that every other faction should constantly camp a planet setting up plats and just waiting for the kluth to attack for it to be a fair fight, I don't know about you, But myself and a lot of other players can wait that long (sense kluth usally take a good 30 min exleast to conidinate an actual attack).

So uhm yea, saying that my comment is invalid, you should really cheak what you say before you open your mouth. Or else you will just look like a fool... again.

Pegasus
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-19 07:13   
Quote:

On 2009-03-18 15:12, All Under Heaven wrote:
(sense kluth usally take a good 30 min exleast to conidinate an actual attack).

Quote:

So uhm yea, saying that my comment is invalid, you should really cheak what you say before you open your mouth. Or else you will just look like a fool... again.

Speak for yourself, looks like you already made yourself look like a fool, you have no idea how K'luth play or co-ordinate attacks, like others said before me try playing one for a time and learn the tactics.
And again you're ignoring all posts by k'luth players. I suggest you re-read this thread again and play K'luth for a week or two and this time listen to what we are saying compare to your "cool down creation". A second "cool down" will never happen so pointless going on about it, very unrealistic, get over it and move on. the way cloak works now its fine to a degree, k'luth just have to adapt which they already have.
[ This Message was edited by: =Pegasus= on 2009-03-19 07:27 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-20 21:20   
Look, i just spent more than 7 years in this community. I aint saying this to show i know more than anyone who has less time spent in this community.

I say this because ,I saw every patch and played it for good.

I tried everyship in every situation u can imagine .

So if u come and ask for a cool down on cloak before knowing what cloak was like before , u are mistaking..

Ask any kluth vet on this community , we would give our right arm for the cloak we had in version 1480-1-2.

But we adapted the facts and changes.

So carry on.

note : Please do investigate old cloak system whick kluth could fire even cloaked.

Peace

[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos on 2009-03-20 21:24 ]

DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2009-03-22 05:01   
ECM forts rule back in the day

cctv dude99
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-02 09:48   
if kluth wanted to do a lot of damage, they'd uncloak. the only way for a kluth to fight and cloak is to waste their energy following the enemy while cloaked(wasting loads of energy), uncloak, fire a load of bullets into the foe, then cloaking and waiting for their guns to recharge, then do the whole process again, in that process you waste masses of energy meaning they have to uncloak, letting everyone open fire upon the kluth. incase you havent noticed kluth cant shoot while cloaked.

I will subscribe in Two Weeks™...

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-09 07:38   
The K'luth cloak cooldown is called the ECCM, if you don't have one, QQ and learn to create fleets for all eventualities.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-10 15:28   
Just a side note...in a large scale battle, 6+ ships on all sides, plus planets and plats, sometimes we luth don't even cloak...because by the time we fully cloak, everything is re-charged and our armor is almost gone. if anything, the "timer" penalty should be reduced a bit, would make it easier for a bigger battle.

But it doesn't really need anything done to it, for reasons you refuse to read/listen to.

H&S

P.S. ECM forting ftw and BRING BACK .480 Cloak!!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027339 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR