No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » kluth cloak
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author kluth cloak
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-11 00:53   
***edited***

No point telling the humans how to kill us. So secret information has now been removed.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-04-26 20:13 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-04-11 12:12   
Quote:

On 2009-03-14 21:15, All Under Heaven wrote:
Ok, I can see how these things might be of surprise to all of you sense all of you never actually play anything else then the kluth. So here it goes.

1.) Scout within 500 gu of any kind of dread posing any kind of threat without cloak WILL die and it WILL die fast, probably faster then it can actually activate any kind of ECCM or throw out a becon.

2.) The ECCM on anything above frgt will only increase the time for a kluth cloak about 0.5 of a second, So if you really think that will do a lot, then try something other then the kluth, and you will be unpleasantly surprised.

3.) Now I can understand why non of you kluth would just love to not have any penalty for uncloaking for a half a second and unleash hell on a ship then re-cloak so they couldn't touch you (if they did something like that for the ICC i would defend it too) but you must think, this is having a negative effect on game play for the people trying to fight this. For most people killing a kluth A.I is a lot funner then killing a kluth real player just because the A.I doesn't abuse the cloak religiously and is somewhat kill-able.

So, instead of instantly attacking this thread, give it some thought. Because in my personal opinion this is becoming a problem.

Here now, Lets take a look at this, seen alot of scouts lasting along time against a dread, it is the pilot, and the fact that the scout is an annoyance, very hard for a dread to kill, unless it is sitting still, or going very slow...

Believe what you want, every half second of decloaking, or cloaking counts... here is the challange, fly a k'luth ship into luyten around or near Michelle, get as close as you can, decloak fully, and then recloak fully, see if you last... oh the UGTO hold that planet and they have set it up for killing k'luth, but really try it...

Now this is the way we feel about fighting the ICC and the UGTO, the human players that hug planets and constantly abuse the shipyard, we find it more enjoyable to fight the AI for they 1. do not hug planets... 2. they do not abuse the shipyard... 3. they are on the whole more of a challange, for they stand and fight and if they jump out, they end up jumping back in to the fray...

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-04-12 08:32   
Scout should neeever go agaisnt a dread.

I get bored alot in game here an there an you will see me flying various ships. aka Scouts. i just love being able to jump very fast. i have yet to get killed by icc or ugto in a scout. an luth armour in a scout is LAWL.

fristly...SKILL is what is truely needed to fly scouts properly..

second, we actually need a player base which can support this current mode. if there was 30 plays on each side.. an if we were duking it out 3-way. i bet all of you guys will have eccm... up to 60 eccms, to up to 30 ecms... Hmm.

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-12 14:35   
screw eccm, spacebar mash ftw!

Email Sens [R33]
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-04-14 21:34   
lol ok, sense all I can do is laugh at this point.
Sense I have been told that I have no idea what I am talking about, or that I have no idea what you are talking about, Or that I am a completely a nub and know nothing of DS, or that I haven't explored what I have been talking about in depth.

But sense I am just arguing with a bunch of k'luth players all on the same fleet its a lost cause, its almost like a pirate arguing that they are better in a room full of ninja's, all that is going to happen is the pirate is going to get brick walled. Sense none of the K'luth that are arguing here have never played ICC in the newest release they really would not have any idea of what I was talking about.

But sense I am determined to just let this post die and give the martyrs nothing else to post about, this is the last i post on this thread.

mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-04-16 00:11   
Quote:

On 2009-04-14 21:34, All Under Heaven wrote:
lol ok, sense all I can do is laugh at this point.
Sense I have been told that I have no idea what I am talking about, or that I have no idea what you are talking about, Or that I am a completely a nub and know nothing of DS, or that I haven't explored what I have been talking about in depth.

But sense I am just arguing with a bunch of k'luth players all on the same fleet its a lost cause, its almost like a pirate arguing that they are better in a room full of ninja's, all that is going to happen is the pirate is going to get brick walled. Sense none of the K'luth that are arguing here have never played ICC in the newest release they really would not have any idea of what I was talking about.

But sense I am determined to just let this post die and give the martyrs nothing else to post about, this is the last i post on this thread.

Im Kluth and i could safely says im on the same fleet... but stop there ... read the topic.... its all about our Faction CLOAK ... of course did it manage to occur to you that mostly Kluth players will post in this thread ... geezz

Or do you really expect UGGIES and ICC to only post here ... lol

Ham&Swiss
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-04-17 03:46   
Can an admin just delete this whole thread and start it again? Though the only way you could really improve the cloak, as it's nerfed enough as is, si to decrease the eccm penalty...espacially when i'm 800,000 gu away from the nearest object in space, and i have a signature of like 35...wth? It's either that or bring back the ol'-"invisimable-death" cloak. Other than that, this thread should be erased and never thought of again.

Especially the flames from people who apperantly don't know anything about the current cloak, and it's advantages/disadvantages. It's alot easier for me(an avid luth player) to play against the K'Luth as, say...ICC, and do reasonably well, because i know the ins and outs of their ships...

For those that don't, just sit down, shut up and we'll get along real nice like.

H&S

P.S. Lock/Delete Thread!!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.028800 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR