No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » kluth cloak
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author kluth cloak
Sinister Strawberry
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-12 18:03   
Its becomming a popular thing for kluth now in all ship classes to just alpha then immeditly cloak after wards w/o being harmed hardly at all, and in some cases killing a sup then immedilty cloaking/jumping. the worst out of all of these are the ganglias which jump a certian distance around u then just alpha and cloak / alpha and cloak. I realy think that the kluth cloak device should be set on a cool down timer once deactived just like all other ship sytems.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2009-03-12 18:16   
Do you mean to tell me that the K'Luth faction is being played and operated the way that the developers intended?

[ Removed off-topic image ]
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2009-03-12 18:49 ]

Sinister Strawberry
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-12 18:29   
they inteded the kluth to be b1tches? also whats with u and putting retarded pics in every post u make?

[ This Message was edited by: Slycon *Morning Wood* on 2009-03-12 18:30 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-12 18:46   

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-03-12 18:47   
oh my christ. you asked for it.

*puts on flame-retardent suit*

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-12 18:48   

[ This Message was edited by: Pakhos on 2009-03-12 18:49 ]

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-03-12 18:55   

Email Supertrooper
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-13 10:32   
Gold

Email Sens [R33]
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-03-13 13:57   
ok crim, that was good.
But i think more to the point of things is that he is saying the kluth can kill ships with little to no risk of being damaged or destroyed themselfs.

I have been on the recieving end of several of these attacks and it was a constant reaccuring pattern that while the enemy force could take heavy damage, only one or two of the kluth ships would actually take hull. And with faster charging jump drives, if they do become endangered of exploding they can just jump out.

So maybe a cooldown may be needed, or something that might put the kluth in a bit leveler playing field with the rest of us, maybe make becons useful again.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-13 18:39   
Quote:

But i think more to the point of things is that he is saying the kluth can kill ships with little to no risk of being damaged or destroyed themselfs.

K'luth ships already have a cloak time, based off of signature. And cloak drains alot of energy

you know what increases enemy signature? ECCM and beacons.

Hey, look, all your ships are full of ECCM slots and you have scouts/frigates with beacons. Maybe you should start using them.

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2009-03-13 20:19   
Quote:

On 2009-03-13 18:39, Fattierob wrote:
Quote:

K'luth ships already have a cloak time, based off of signature. And cloak drains alot of energy

Hey, look, all your ships are full of ECCM slots and you have scouts/frigates with beacons. Maybe you should start using them.

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-13 20:40   
There is always risks, what if a stray beacon hits you, what if some bright light gets a scout with ECCM? What if the target is simply bait??

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-03-13 23:18   
Quote:

On 2009-03-13 18:39, Fattierob wrote:

+1

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-03-14 21:15   
Ok, I can see how these things might be of surprise to all of you sense all of you never actually play anything else then the kluth. So here it goes.

1.) Scout within 500 gu of any kind of dread posing any kind of threat without cloak WILL die and it WILL die fast, probably faster then it can actually activate any kind of ECCM or throw out a becon.

2.) The ECCM on anything above frgt will only increase the time for a kluth cloak about 0.5 of a second, So if you really think that will do a lot, then try something other then the kluth, and you will be unpleasantly surprised.

3.) Now I can understand why non of you kluth would just love to not have any penalty for uncloaking for a half a second and unleash hell on a ship then re-cloak so they couldn't touch you (if they did something like that for the ICC i would defend it too) but you must think, this is having a negative effect on game play for the people trying to fight this. For most people killing a kluth A.I is a lot funner then killing a kluth real player just because the A.I doesn't abuse the cloak religiously and is somewhat kill-able.

So, instead of instantly attacking this thread, give it some thought. Because in my personal opinion this is becoming a problem.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-14 21:59   
Quote:

On 2009-03-14 21:15, All Under Heaven wrote:
Ok, I can see how these things might be of surprise to all of you sense all of you never actually play anything else then the kluth. So here it goes.

Your claim is refuted by the fact I don't play anymore. and I play each side equally. QQ

Quote:

1.) Scout within 500 gu of any kind of dread posing any kind of threat without cloak WILL die and it WILL die fast, probably faster then it can actually activate any kind of ECCM or throw out a becon.

scout vs dread. what are you complaining about? oh, right, the fact that the dread is attacking a scout

pro-gamer tip: scout can point jump more often then any other ship. Point Jump, beacon. Hide behind a larger ship. oh wait, that requires skill

Quote:

2.) The ECCM on anything above frgt will only increase the time for a kluth cloak about 0.5 of a second, So if you really think that will do a lot, then try something other then the kluth, and you will be unpleasantly surprised.

If you think ECCM isn't working enough, suggest a change to how ECCM effects cloak. otherwise, QQ.

Quote:

3.) Now I can understand why non of you kluth would just love to not have any penalty for uncloaking for a half a second and unleash hell on a ship then re-cloak so they couldn't touch you (if they did something like that for the ICC i would defend it too) but you must think, this is having a negative effect on game play for the people trying to fight this. For most people killing a kluth A.I is a lot funner then killing a kluth real player just because the A.I doesn't abuse the cloak religiously and is somewhat kill-able.

pro-gamer tip: K'luth are meant to "abuse" cloak 'religiously'. how about ICC stop "abusing" shields "religiously' and UGTO stop "abusing" depots 'religiously'.

Quote:

So, instead of instantly attacking this thread, give it some thought. Because in my personal opinion this is becoming a problem.

How about instead of going "nerf plz" you go "I need to learn how to play this faction how the developers wanted it to be played!"

oh wait, you don't like how any factions are meant to be played? Well, it was nice knowing you.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028825 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR