No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +18.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Unnerf Torpedoes
 Author Unnerf Torpedoes
Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-02 15:03   
Ok... I totally understand your concerns...

Even though you have more armor, more weapon slots, larger weapon slots, and the ability to vaporize a smaller vessel as an afterthought, you live in abject fear that a Destroyer will target you. This is a perfectly justifiable position for you to have, and I am totally wrong in suggesting that my cannons fire the same bullets as your almighty selves.

However, I believe that we can find some measure of compromise in Torpedoes. I propose that all Torpedoes of a type be of equal strength... be it fired from a Dread or fired from a Scout. I also propose they be of Dread strength, not the level 1 torps that your sarcastic response was already forming arround offering.

The reasons are thus...

they are of limited ammo
they are of limited range
they do not track
they move very slowly

Thus, smaller vessels could be given a weapon that has at least some small chance of hitting, and damaging, a Dread in a useful environment. To do so, the smaller vessel would have to risk almost certain destruction in retaliation for their audacity.

All hail the glorious Dreadspace, we bask in your light.

Email Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-02 15:21   
er misread that post; but dessies shouldnt be able to cripple a dread solo, torps do a decent amount of damage as it is, just work in pairs
[ This Message was edited by: Sensitivity{Recruiting} on 2009-03-02 15:22 ]

Email Sens [R33]
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-03-02 16:10   
Quote:

On 2009-03-02 15:03, Carns wrote:
Ok... I totally understand your concerns...

Even though you have more armor, more weapon slots, larger weapon slots, and the ability to vaporize a smaller vessel as an afterthought, you live in abject fear that a Destroyer will target you. This is a perfectly justifiable position for you to have, and I am totally wrong in suggesting that my cannons fire the same bullets as your almighty selves.

However, I believe that we can find some measure of compromise in Torpedoes. I propose that all Torpedoes of a type be of equal strength... be it fired from a Dread or fired from a Scout. I also propose they be of Dread strength, not the level 1 torps that your sarcastic response was already forming arround offering.

The reasons are thus...

they are of limited ammo
they are of limited range
they do not track
they move very slowly

Thus, smaller vessels could be given a weapon that has at least some small chance of hitting, and damaging, a Dread in a useful environment. To do so, the smaller vessel would have to risk almost certain destruction in retaliation for their audacity.

All hail the glorious Dreadspace, we bask in your light.

This wouldn't be un-nerfing, but it still is a good idea:)

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-03-02 16:20   
Giving a ship that costs 50 prestige when it does a capability to kill something worth 4 times itself, is never a good idea.

Couple that with the fact that the Destroyer is obtained at very early ranks - what's to stop people just using Destroyers since they can easily out-turn, and out-arun a Dreadnaught (not to mention it has a much smaller profile)?

It's just never going to happen I'm afraid.

Learn to abuse the power of numbers to your advantage. It's not a myth, or rubbish.

And please, please, please stop asking us to boost the damage on the smaller ships so that they can destroy a bigger classed one on their own.

The way DarkSpace has changed (and is indeed still changing) might not suit your playstyle. Adapt to the changes, or don't - it's your choice.
[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2009-03-02 16:22 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-04 20:59   
Quote:

On 2009-03-02 16:20, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
The way DarkSpace has changed (and is indeed still changing) might not suit your playstyle. Adapt to the changes, or don't - it's your choice.

The part where a good chunk of the player base leaves because they can't adapt the changes that give them no chance in hell against a larger ship certainly won't impact darkspace at all, eh? wot wot.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-03-06 12:53   
Just because torpedoes do the same damage doesnt mean it can destroy a dreadnaught.. Dreads have way, way more weapons then a dessy..

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-06 19:37   
Quote:

On 2009-03-06 12:53, Sixkiller wrote:
Just because torpedoes do the same damage doesnt mean it can destroy a dreadnaught.. Dreads have way, way more weapons then a dessy..

Yeah, but we have more dessies that can dodge slow moving torps.

(in b4 dreadspace argument)

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-11 01:24   
Quote:

On 2009-03-02 16:20, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Learn to abuse the power of numbers to your advantage. It's not a myth, or rubbish.

blah blah dreadspace why fly a group of destroyers when everyone flies groups of dreads as it is? Unless you can fly multiple smaller ships, there's no "advantage in numbers" with small ships vs numbers of large ships.

and I somehow doubt new players will somehow become the most organized players to be able to form up and take on fleets packed with dreads and stations.

that said, my dev flag requires me now to mention that dreads are bigger and thus must be and will remain better.

Email Shigernafy
Page created in 0.013130 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR