Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » An Overview of Factions
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author An Overview of Factions
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-02 15:34   
Quote:

On 2009-03-02 08:59, Fatal Error 404 wrote:
Enterprise. Very nice read. Hopefully people will actually understand what you say.

You did forget to mention though that ICC is arguably the fastest faction. I dont know if this is still true, or if it was nerfed (Like always).

To first respond to a previous post, what qualifies as the "best" weapon is a subject that this guide does not discuss. Its up to your playstyle. In terms of sheer firepower, K'luth offensive capabilities far outstrip any other faction.

Secondly, defenses for UGTO and ICC are all about how you use them. A UGTO player is technically, far easier to kill than an ICC one simply because you don't have to go through as much armor. An ICC ship that rotates forces you go through all their shields and at least one arc of armor. For UGTO, you just have to go through one arc. Perception can often skew reality.

As for energy, ICC weapons (specifically, railguns, gauss, fusion torps) take less energy than their K'luth and UGTO counterpart but a significant margin. Believe me, if they took the same energy as them they would have more energy issues than they could handle.

As for speed, UGTO takes that crown by far. Because of them having substatially larger energy efficiency, they can keep up a pace while fighting that other factions would have trouble to match. K'luth rely on cloak, and ICC rely on shields, both very energy intensive devices, UGTO have no such limitations. Technically, K'luth CAN be the fastest, with AME drives, but people rarely use them.

Also Russian, this guide was not a post designed so that people can jump in and complain about whatever parts of the game you don't like. Its about helping people help themselves. If there is something specifically wrong about my guide I'm all ears, but whatever your opinions are about the game, please take them to a seperate topic.

-Ent

[ This Message was edited by: Enterprise on 2009-03-02 15:37 ]

Admiral Uhan
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-26 12:10   
really the ICC have ok energy

Admiral Uhan
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-26 12:11   
And its good to let the armor soak up the damage then ativate the sheilds

Lrd_Hunter
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2010-05-26 15:48   
very good fourm post ent. and russian i wish luth was a 1v1 faction be some much easier to kill someone but just not happening. I can say luth can carry on a one v one for awhile but unless we got armor reg upgrades on witch would take away from us uber op our disruptors. we could still barley do a 1v1. I have done enough duels against manily icc the best def faction in the game and by time i get them to 70% hull i am about dead.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.017530 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR