No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » A few questions
 Author A few questions
Ramius
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2009-03-01 03:13   
Hello,

As someone who is entertaining the idea of coming back since so much development has happened on the game, I have a few questions.

1. What is the drop rate on enhancers?
2. Are the NPC ships that drop these things always in the persistent universe?
3. Do any of the enhancements modify fighter slots?
4. I assume enhancements get destroyed with a ship, are they destroyed when replacing a particular device?
5. Is there any counter to a ship with maxed enhancements with a ship that has no enhancements (All "stay pro" comments can be saved kthx)?
6. Bewbs?

Thanks for answering my questions if anyone gets the time.

Email Ramius
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-01 03:15   
Quote:

On 2009-03-01 03:13, Ramius wrote:
Hello,

6. Bewbs?

Relevant to my interests.

-Ent

Stealth7
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2009-03-01 04:24   
they are still working on enhancements so cant realy help you there.. check in the dev log/manual for the info you seek

Dionysian *EP5* (Angel of Destruction)
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-03-01 05:43   
Quote:

On 2009-03-01 03:13, Ramius wrote:
Hello,

As someone who is entertaining the idea of coming back since so much development has happened on the game, I have a few questions.

1. What is the drop rate on enhancers?
2. Are the NPC ships that drop these things always in the persistent universe?
3. Do any of the enhancements modify fighter slots?
4. I assume enhancements get destroyed with a ship, are they destroyed when replacing a particular device?
5. Is there any counter to a ship with maxed enhancements with a ship that has no enhancements (All "stay pro" comments can be saved kthx)?
6. Bewbs?

Thanks for answering my questions if anyone gets the time.

1 - Not bad - fight for 1/2 hour and you'll get 2 or 3.
2 yes but the better ones are only in ROgen Rift and spawn at intervals.
3 dunno
4 Not all of themn get5 destroyed when you lose the ship - in fact i've lost several ships and not lost an ehancement. BUT once attached you have to destroy them to remove them.
5 tactics still help a lot - e.g. an EAD with maxed out weapons is useless if you stay behind it . BUT it's not a major job to get some enhacements - most players will give you all their minor enhancements ( the weakest) just to make room in garage. Enhacements do not massively swing the battle 1 ships way. It makes them better ships but not 1 ship fleet killers.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-03-01 06:57   
2. also in Procyon server, kill the Drone Relay (Elite) for the rarest enhancements. But bring help. Mi are tough.

In the Rogens Rift server, there are 3 frigates, all with names of people, (Ensign So&so, or LT. So&so). They all have Elite attached to their names.

Bombs and fighters do not seem to be effected by the enhancements at all at this time. Maybe this will change.

You do not lose enhancements when u die. Only if you remove them. And be wise how u stack your enhancements. A bunch of random enhancements will no do much for you, regardless of their level. It is when you stack, say armor, or weapon cooldown, when u really see a difference. Ask advice if you aren't sure.

GL, and if you aren't K'luth, I look forward to pwning u.

Az

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2009-03-01 06:58 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2009-03-01 07:06   
Hey Ramius:

1 It varies by the level, but enhancements drop pretty frequently. There's a dice roll of sorts when a ship is destroyed that determines whether it drops one and what that drop will be - basically we have a "loot table" that includes all the possible enhancements for each given class (so only a few items for a scout, a ton for dreads). Each one has a number that is its likelihood of dropping (minor engine speed might be 5, advanced weapons cooler might be 7; if those were the only two, we'd do a rand(12) on death and 1-5 would get a MES, 6-12 would be AWC).
Not that they always drop something; I think there's another rand() in there for that, but I didn't look in the code too deeply.

Generally Enhancements seem to drop frequently. Good ones are less frequent. It would take me too long to figure out real numbers, so I'm going with vague words. Sorry.

2 All ships can drop them, player and AI. The "special" enhancements only drop from special AI ships that spawn randomly something like once or twice a day (I didn't check the spawner numbers, and I haven't farmed them, so I'm not sure). So no, for special Enhancements, the NPCs are not always present in the MV.

3 No, not at present.

4 They don't link to a specific device; it ties in to the ship in general. So modding your ship (which is very limited now) will not destroy your enhancements.

5 The hope is that they don't vastly undermine ship balance but just provide a way to improve your ship the longer you keep it as well as allow players to customize their ships a bit more than just swapping weapons allows. So hopefully it doesn't undo the balance completely, but an older ship will most likely be better than a freshly spawned ship.

6 Hard to find around here, unless you settle for moobs.

You can check the "Combat Tactics: Enhancements" thread for a bit more information, specifically on what types of enhancements there are and what they do.

Email Shigernafy
Page created in 0.013326 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR