- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » Testing and feedback required : ICC shield change in beta
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Testing and feedback required : ICC shield change in beta
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-02-26 21:09   
We have recently gone over the ICC shields and have pushed an update to beta. These changes impact the way ICC use their shields, and how they have previously operated. This update makes changes to Active, Reactive and Auxiliary shields, the exact changes will be detailed in the final dev log.

Feedback on these changes to make sure we do not miss any glaring faults, issues and oversights is crucial.

Please keep it constructive. Any non-constructive or off-topic replies will be removed. If you make a statement, please do the testing to back it up, and post your findings from any and all sides.

If you wish to parttake in the testing simply click on the Launch tab, then DarkSpace (Beta), and finally click the Install button. There is only one beta server, simply join and select your faction. If you wish to transfer your prestige across, head over to the beta website (the link can be found in the bottom right hand side of the website), and click Beta Profile Transfer directly underneath the Development Log.

Thank you,
- Jack

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2009-02-26 21:32   
After spending ample time on DarkSpace Beta, i have come to this conclusion. I haft to say that the Darkspace Developers have really out done theirselfs, And have done a really good job. There has finally been divercity restored to the ICC sheilding, and done in such a way that i haft to complement their work. So other then that, i am extremely happy with the new ICC sheilding system, Great job Dev team, Keep up the good work.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-02-27 00:43   
i love how they have done ICC shields.

Actives: high HP, slow recharge. higher recharge than armor.

Reactives: low HP, very high recharge rate.

they still use a lot of energy, but you can now mix and match to your satisfaction.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-02-27 01:37   
Yes, they are quite nice now. Actives on the arcs you expect to take fire, Reactives on the others to provide extra regeneration to be diverted into the Actives.

Heck, it's almost enough to make me curious about what a purely-shield ship would be like--that is, no Armor at all. Sure it'd have a higher energy drain, but if the inner ring is Reactives and the outer is Actives...

Release soon please!

Edit: Anybody done extensive test of the Auxilliary Shield Generators? How are they handling now?
[ This Message was edited by: Jim Starluck on 2009-02-27 01:38 ]

Email Jim Starluck
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-27 06:51   
Stamp of approval.

-Ent

Rhiawhyn Zerinth
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-02-27 10:32   
The changes are good, aprooved.

I personaly like how the shields have turned out, quite wonderfull in my opionion

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-27 11:32   
I did test it yesterday. Look, i really dont know if they are way too strong since we get used to icc with low shield. I tried 60 Si on zenith cruiser while he was sitting still. He was only rotation the cruiser and his shield to see impact level on each arc. Maybe i didnt fire constantly and waited afew seconds between fires. After 60 Si from a nest he got hulled. So the point , how could i manage to hit his ship if he were moving around? For any chance , perhaps i can connect 10 si once but in a combat speed he could recover it way to easy.

But I am sure with this new configuration of shield ,they are totally match to Ugto about defense.

This need to be hard tested. I may be wrong at all. We gotta see that on actual mv .

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-02-27 13:05   
Quote:

On 2009-02-27 11:32, Pakhos wrote:
I did test it yesterday. Look, i really dont know if they are way too strong since we get used to icc with low shield. I tried 60 Si on zenith cruiser while he was sitting still. He was only rotation the cruiser and his shield to see impact level on each arc. Maybe i didnt fire constantly and waited afew seconds between fires. After 60 Si from a nest he got hulled. So the point , how could i manage to hit his ship if he were moving around? For any chance , perhaps i can connect 10 si once but in a combat speed he could recover it way to easy.

I dunno, when Leo and I were attacking that Hive, it seemed like my Dread's shields went down to his SIs a lot faster. Maybe some of the impacts from yours weren't being properly detected on the Cruiser?

[ This Message was edited by: Jim Starluck on 2009-02-27 13:05 ]

Email Jim Starluck
Rhiawhyn Zerinth
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-02-27 15:07   
Quote:

On 2009-02-27 11:32, Pakhos wrote:

But I am sure with this new configuration of shield ,they are totally match to Ugto about defense.

This need to be hard tested. I may be wrong at all. We gotta see that on actual mv .

I will note, from my end he was only firing a volly of sis every 30 or so seconds, i had two AUX gens, two actives and reactives. meaning, every 30+ seconds, after turning, he wasint able to do more then i could recover, it was only when he fired two vollys back to back, on the same arc, did he bypass the shields and armor, and go right to hull (removing both shields and armor at the same time, mind you.)

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-02-27 15:45   
So it would seem like we're now better at withstanding more gradual damage than sudden spikes of high damage. Like from a large Core Weapon salvo.

Still, it couldn't hurt to test the same setup on a Dread, see how they compare.

Email Jim Starluck
Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-27 16:23   
I will also note, in a fight with mandible against a combat dread. Sneaked from rear , made one alpha then used second time The Disruptors.Every weapon hit rear of combat dread without exception. I saw total of 10% shield drop and no armor damage.

End of strike :100% hull 90 % shields 100 %, and he recovered the shields less than 30 seconds.

I would like zenith to tell what his ship had on.

And fired 2 alphas from a nest to Jack´s combat dread and hulled him from fore arc end of second alpha. Also I would like to know what kind of shield Jack had on his ship.

Rhiawhyn Zerinth
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-02-27 17:23   
Pak, i had the same setup on my CD, fore and aft actives, left and right reactives, at the time i knew you were going to hit that one spot. so i was spamming the rotate buttion for that shield. giving that one plate the regen of two and a half reactive shields... in otherwords, you had to break a standard armor plate, with 120% regen... the second time i did not rotate, and the active shield dropped like a rock...

Rotating makes a major difference in combat, it seems.

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-27 17:33   
Quote:

On 2009-02-27 17:23, Rhiawhyn Zerinth wrote:
Pak, i had the same setup on my CD, fore and aft actives, left and right reactives, at the time i knew you were going to hit that one spot. so i was spamming the rotate buttion for that shield. giving that one plate the regen of two and a half reactive shields... in otherwords, you had to break a standard armor plate, with 120% regen... the second time i did not rotate, and the active shield dropped like a rock...

Rotating makes a major difference in combat, it seems.

Well, you know , from the enemy's point of view , all the damage has been done is 10%. I cant say anything else.

Rhiawhyn Zerinth
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-02-27 17:49   
You did more then enough to break through the shields and armor, the only thing that removed you from breaking the hull, was rotation.

As it should be. give an icc chance to notice you shooting at him, and he rotates the shields to stop the majority of the damage, get two kluth, and its dead, right quick. one person cannot focus on two skilled kluth pilots especaly when they realise that the sides are where you want to hit, not the rear ;P

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2009-02-27 18:34   
Quote:

On 2009-02-27 17:33, Pakhos wrote:
Well, you know , from the enemy's point of view , all the damage has been done is 10%. I cant say anything else.

By comparison, if you took out 10% armor on a UGTO ship with two layers of armor on all arcs, you would've taken the outermost aft armor down by 80%. That's nothing to sneer at, especially on a Dread.

10% of a single shield arc isn't much, but 10% of the total is.

[ This Message was edited by: Jim Starluck on 2009-02-27 18:35 ]

Email Jim Starluck
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020149 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR