No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » MV came Alive
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author MV came Alive
mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-25 02:20   
This past few days with the 2 weeks free play MV came alive.

Question now is who will stay and who will leave after 2 weeks are over.

It's much better if you have to shoot someone besides AI and actually uses the /y with lots of response good or bad.

So came to the point of how is the game now, did you find it good enough to stay and sub?

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-25 03:09   
i find the cluttering of the f2 screen by ais to be supremely annoying.

And the fact that only ugto vs ICC is realy fun gameplay.

well, a week left to impress me

[ This Message was edited by: Russian Roulette with Muskets on 2009-02-25 09:24 ]

Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-25 07:47   
Two weeks is about the time I need to lose a couple thousand more pres.

The reality of the world is that I don't deserve to drive anything bigger than a frigate, and Darkspace is restoring equalibrium. Since 1.481, I have fallen from VA to nearly 2RA in my brief revisits.

However, the main thing that drove me away has always been the loss-of-control lag for 20 seconds anytime more than 3 people were in the same system. With that removed, chances are improved.

On the other hand, last night, I encountered a station capping planets with a few bombers. The station had lost all but single digit armor and shields to the planet defenses.

I fired on the station in my destroyer with 6 forward firing plasma cannons.

The station was able to outrepair the damage that I could do.

That level of crap is a whole new reason to tell Darkspace to shove it for another year.

Email Danek Ma`arna C`arns
mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-25 08:50   
Quote:

On 2009-02-25 07:47, Carns wrote:

The reality of the world is that I don't deserve to drive anything bigger than a frigate, and Darkspace is restoring equalibrium. Since 1.481, I have fallen from VA to nearly 2RA in my brief revisits.

However, the main thing that drove me away has always been the loss-of-control lag for 20 seconds anytime more than 3 people were in the same system. With that removed, chances are improved.

On the other hand, last night, I encountered a station capping planets with a few bombers. The station had lost all but single digit armor and shields to the planet defenses.

That level of crap is a whole new reason to tell Darkspace to shove it for another year.

We'll look at the other side of the coin, if you we're on the station and a destroyer hulled you what do you think you will say then.

But i do agree with you that planets defenses now sucks.

0stego
Fleet Admiral
United Armed Corps

Posted: 2009-02-25 09:07   
Quote:

On 2009-02-25 07:47, Carns wrote:

Yeah that dose suck, but then again your in a destroyer....thats hardly a match for a station. As stated above if you were in a station and a'lil destroyer came up and breeched your hull I think you would be mad...but then agian if say 4 or 5 destroyers were to do the same Im sure you would say 'Damn those little ships are tough together in wolf packs!'.

Goto the website of 0stego
Danek Ma`arna C`arns
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-25 10:10   
No, I am saying that you cannot claim to both want the game to grow, and maintain total superiority over every player not in Dreadnaughts.

I was in a destroyer because K'Luth cruisers are utterly useless.

I was in a combat vessel, armed with the cannon that has as it's specific purpose to damage large, slow vessels. To hit smaller targets, I would be better served with the PSI cannon.

My target's shields and armor went UP while I was shooting at it.

This same station later close-jumped me and took me from 100 to 0 in one alpha.

This is not acceptable. It is not acceptable to have a combat vessel, geared for the purpose, be unable to damage a target. This is a metaverse game now. There are no Newbie Server/FA Servers any longer, where the focus remained on smaller vessel combat.

It is Ok for the larger vessel to be able to destroy the smaller faster than the smaller can destroy the larger, assuming all other things are equal. It is not ok for the larger vessel to ignore the smaller vessel forever, then be able to destroy the smaller vessel 5 seconds after deciding to do so.

Your tone seems to imply a MMORPG convention of levels. This does not apply to DS, as the game does support this mechanic. We do not go to Sag Hotha to shoot frigates, moving along through the cruisers of the Umbrella Cluster as our rank increases, and finally joining our 40 man raids on the Station bosses and Dread trash of the Sol System raid encounter.

This is a PvP based game. It now has some PvE elements, but the PvE elements seem to be driven by PvP actions.

You cannot advertise a fast paced, action oriented combat game, and offer players below the rank of less than Fleet Admiral none of that.

While we are on the topic.... please explain what the hell it is you believe lower ranked players are supposed to do? A new midshipmen comes in... they have the option of a crappy bomber Corvette, with no hope of actually landing a bomb against the pulse laser fields or surviving the planetary defenses. They have the transport, with the same pitfalls and less hope of success. And they have a couple of Combat vessels. Some carry beams that do little damage to even ships of the same weight class, and cannon that have zero chance of hitting those same ships. Add in they have zero chance of being able to damage anyhting bigger.

The low servers of barren planets and frigates are gone. You cannot build for pres, swap factions, bomb for pres, then drop inf and cap for pres until supply. Repear all alone for hours upon hours.

What the hell are they supposed to do? Fill me in.

Once you get enough rank... I guess by doing nothing but running your jump drive in a circle arround a star to gain pres, you can supply. Exciting stuff there. I mean, we all did it, up until we got the rank to stop.

So, basically, you have a game system, where you have a small playerbase that "leveled up" using systems that no longer exist and desire to retain complete immunity from , and complete dominace over, everyone that has not done the same during some previous time.

And it totally baffles you that people are not signing up in droves?

Email Danek Ma`arna C`arns
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-25 10:29   
Carns, you echo the concerns of many players, including myself. This game really does force you to level up before you can really participate, unless you're content with flying a supply ship or just flying around being an insignificant gnat.

I've flown smaller ships this version as have others. Kluth cruisers suck royally, destroyers are not much better and frigates are curiously more useful than destroyers.

I do enjoy the game the way it is right now, but I'm past cruisers and destroyers so I don't have to deal with not being effective in combat.

EDIT: You will probably hear about DPS and about how small ships can do more damage over time than large ships and how they're more efficient. That's OK for 1v1 scenarios, but in actual MV play that small ship will barely do any damage at all with all the supply ships and supply platforms around. You need big hits, not lots of small hits. That's just how it is now.

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2009-02-25 10:41 ]

Sens [R33]
Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-25 17:59   
I have to disagree with the cruiser comment, scales are down right DEADLY. Also, stations arent meant to be taken down with ONE destroyer, try 5 and comeback telling me its unbalanced. That being said, you shouldnt be 1v1ing a station in a dessie anyways; no ship bar another station can solo a station in a slugfest alone and thats just the fact of the matter.

Email Sens [R33]
Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2009-02-25 18:04   
Quote:

On 2009-02-25 17:59, Sensitivity{Sensitivity} wrote:
I have to disagree with the cruiser comment, scales are down right DEADLY. Also, stations arent meant to be taken down with ONE destroyer, try 5 and comeback telling me its unbalanced. That being said, you shouldnt be 1v1ing a station in a dessie anyways; no ship bar another station can solo a station in a slugfest alone and thats just the fact of the matter.

a big +1 to that..

killer2472 *Nightrain*
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2009-02-25 18:20   
Quote:

Also, stations arent meant to be taken down with ONE destroyer, try 5 and comeback telling me its unbalanced.

Umm..... It has been done, not too long ago. Just ask Bash about it, or Piotr-san.

It was actually pretty balanced, I think. IDK what Bash feels about the matter.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2009-02-25 19:31   
Quote:

On 2009-02-25 18:20, killer2472 wrote:
Quote:

Also, stations arent meant to be taken down with ONE destroyer, try 5 and comeback telling me its unbalanced.

Umm..... It has been done, not too long ago. Just ask Bash about it, or Piotr-san.

It was actually pretty balanced, I think. IDK what Bash feels about the matter.

That was with quite a lot of dessies and a single EAD, though.
And +2 on the scales-are-ridiculously-deadly thing. K'luth ships in general seem capable of doing more damage than anything else in their class in seconds flat with those fore-mounted weapons of theirs.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2009-02-25 19:34   
Quote:

With the torp buff maybe they are now. Still nothing compared to what they used to be , but it's nice to hear they aren't crap like they were for most of this version.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2009-02-26 03:09   
my BD got pestered by like 3 kluth AI frigates.. they hurt!
i was like, 3 frigates, ill just run. And they kept shooting my back, it actually hurted

Meko
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2009-02-26 03:38   
Quote:
I was in a destroyer because K'Luth cruisers are utterly useless.

let me fix this one for you. "I was in a destroyer because i am utterly useless in a K'Luth cruiser."

Quote:
I was in a combat vessel, armed with the cannon that has as it's specific purpose to damage large, slow vessels. To hit smaller targets, I would be better served with the PSI cannon.

ill paraphrase what you should have said: "I flew a picket vessle, designed to engage ships of similar class and size, and i decided to take on something out of my league."

Quote:
My target's shields and armor went UP while I was shooting at it.

which is good. cause if it Wasnt going up there would be an issue.

Quote:
This same station later close-jumped me and took me from 100 to 0 in one alpha.

shoulda been cloaked. and if u wer firing at him when he did this, u should Ejumped.

Quote:
This is not acceptable. It is not acceptable to have a combat vessel, geared for the purpose, be unable to damage a target.

This is acceptable. this is only wrong in your mind because you have some notion that you should be able to damage anything. you Were damaging him, but like a horse to a fly, he swatted you. Get over it.

Quote:
It is not ok for the larger vessel to ignore the smaller vessel forever, then be able to destroy the smaller vessel 5 seconds after deciding to do so.

why not? seriously why not? to have it any other way would be downright stupid.

Quote:
You cannot advertise a fast paced, action oriented combat game, and offer players below the rank of less than Fleet Admiral none of that.

well i agree, good thing that isnt the case. im a GA, and i can be seen regularilly in a scale. why? cause it is AWSOME.

Quote:
The low servers of barren planets and frigates are gone. You cannot build for pres, swap factions, bomb for pres, then drop inf and cap for pres until supply. Repear all alone for hours upon hours.

so your saying u earned your rank by cheating? Got it.

Quote:
What the hell are they supposed to do? Fill me in.

I shall, rookie. read and learn.

i started a new character, and spawned in rogans rift. With an assault corvet (ugto - cadet rank ship) i killed many frigates, and a couple of pirate elites. in 3 hours of gameplay, im lt commander, can fly a buncha of crap, and have bronze nav/combat/supply badges. i did this alone, using only AI's.

so new people CAN rank up easilly. new people DO have ships to use, and you need to either figure out the game mechanics, or learn to learn how to fly.

Quote:
And it totally baffles you that people are not signing up in droves?

not at all. this is a relatively unknown game that requires intelligance to be successful at. the doors that way -->

Email Meko
mannythepogs
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2009-02-26 03:39   
Quote:

On 2009-02-26 03:09, Sixkiller wrote:
my BD got pestered by like 3 kluth AI frigates.. they hurt!
i was like, 3 frigates, ill just run. And they kept shooting my back, it actually hurted

Thats why in another Topic we're actually asking why we have Bomber as a cruiser in our Dog Fight, cause put lots of em they definitely hurts... just like whats happening in ICC ships... they have 0-1 planet and if they do have one .. all AI's tend to cluster on that single planets and all adds up... it really hurts.

So just by saying this, if you want fast pace action where you nid to get out there and fire away and kill those who spend more time than you.. or you want thesame leverage in case of dogs fight.... lol . go to Arcade Game and buy some dime... i think thats game for you and not this DS.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029897 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR